Movie Recommendations

Trailers brought you Hachi.

They brought me 1 hour 40 minutes of boredom.
Why do you hate Hachi?

Oh Flagg....another movie that was okay but had a great twist was The Perfect Getaway.

Why do you hate Hachi?

Oh Flagg....another movie that was okay but had a great twist was The Perfect Getaway.

That was a strange movie for sure!

Hijack mode - Don't know what just made me think of this but I think Dchester has some pics to share no? LOL - Hijack mode off

Hijack mode - Don't know what just made me think of this but I think Dchester has some pics to share no? LOL - Hijack mode off
I was thinking of that the other day.

I'll have to remember to post them when I get home.

:lipsmack:

Okay, thanks for the feedback, just getting back to this thread.

Haven't seen:
Hachi
The Road (enjoyed the book)
Triangle
Hostel
The Hitcher
The Hills Have Eyes
Talladega Nights
Harsh Times
Law Abiding Citizen (In the Netflix sleeve right next to me as a type this...and it will not play! Totally scratched to hell. :rant: )
Death at a Funeral
Numb
Whole 9 Yards
Identity
Bandits
Brothers
Brokeback
Mallrats
Of Mice and Men
The Perfect Getaway

Seen and loved:
The Blind Side
Goodfellas
Fight Club
The Sting (but it's been a LONG time and Mrs. W never saw it)
Good Will Hunting
Rounders
Stand By Me

Seen and liked
The Ocean ##s

Seen and disliked
Benjamin Button

That's a great hit/miss rating for you lot. :thumb:
Or maybe I'm just easily amused. popcorn

Here's one for you guys: anyone seen Secretary with Maggie Gyllenhall and James Spader? Breaks a bunch of my rules, but I dug it for some reason. I'd say I'm repressed, but I'm not - I'm pretty open about having a dirty mind. Great psychological piece. So awkward at the start, very uncomfortable to watch...

Since turnabout is fair play, others I loved:
- Hotel Rwanda
- Life is Beautiful
- Green Mile
- Arlington Road (Jeff Bridges is one of my favorite actors that I somehow forgot, and he and Tim Robbins are brilliant here - never understood why this didn't get more love)
- Big Lebowski
- Benny and Joon
- Blood Diamond (which I expected to hate, tried hard to hate, but loved)
- Die Hard
- A Few Good Men
- The Game (doesn't hold up over repeated viewings, but a great ride the first time through)
- Hope & Glory
- I Confess (this is far and away my favorite Hitchcock movie - you want to see acting, see indecision torment a character's face, see realizations and reactions spread across character's faces...amazing)
- Pirates of the Caribbean Series (1&2 more than 3 - another movie I expected to hate, but loved)
- Sense & Sensibility (Emma Thompson's version - yet another that I expected to hate, and by rights of things I like and hate should hate, but the acting was just...amazing, and the twist/misunderstandings leading to the climax were beautifully done)
- Shawshank Redemption
- Seven
- To Kill a Mockingbird (With apologies to River Phoenix and Steven King, this is the best adaptation of a book in movie history. Also, Mrs. W is pregnant, and I've finally talked her into "Harper" if it is a girl woohoo)

Oh, and a quick word of movie-advice. There were TWO movies called "Sherlock Holmes" released in 2009. Under no circumstances - not even morbid curiosity after reading this - rent the one not starring Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law. We made that mistake via Netflix. :shake:

It's not "so bad it's good" or even "so bad it's comical", it's just beyond words awful, in a "I-don't-even-want-to-spend-the-time-to-bother-scrubbing-it-from-my-mind" sort of way. Like, Scott Sisson bad. Listen, I have a mental block about one thing - I can't not-finish a movie once I start watching it. This was (no exaggeration) the first movie I haven't sat all the way through since before the millennium flipped. I made it through the sea monster, and gave it a chance through the pointless belaying down a cliff to be frightened away by a dead body at the bottom and flight with no investigation, but I gave up shortly after the dinosaur ate the hooker in an alley in London. You know how you didn't feel when Velcro-Helmet didn't come down with that ball in that game that never happened a few years ago? In a subtle but very real way, this was actually worse. I hated myself for the mistake, and for wasting the 42 minutes and change I'd spent watching it before I gave up. In my defense, I didn't even look when I added it to the queue - I just saw Sherlock Holmes (2009) and clicked. Again: :shake:

This is very important to me, so I'm going to even take the time to clarify further for you all - the two covers:

The One You Might Be Looking For:
70110558.jpg

The One To Run Away From, Screaming:
70128276.jpg

As for the one that DOES star Robert Downey Jr., well...meh. :shrug:

I can't wait for the A-Train to come out this Friday. I went to see Robin Hood and it was a very good movie.

For some good stuff, check out The Usual Suspects (if you haven't already), as well as Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (which is, IMO, better than snatch).

The original Italian Job is also amazing.

We watched Crazy Heart last night. Meh. Jeff Bridges was really good in it, but the movie was pretty slow and kinda boring. I had higher expectations I guess. I wouldn't recommend despite the Oscar nod for Bridges.

Just got done watching Volcano with Tommy lee Jones in it. It probably one of my favorite Movies involving a Volcano. I just about to put on A Day after tomorrow.

I didn't see these in your list but very well could've seen them...

-The Bourne Identity (the entire trilogy)
-SEVEN
-The Game (Older movie ('97) with Michael Douglas and Sean Penn) great twist movie
-Resevoir Dogs
-Four Rooms
-The Big Lebowski

I'm especially looking for Netflix titles.

I like spy and heist/crime movies, political intrigue, organized crime, some action

Have enjoyed watching the Agathe Christie Poirot series on Netflix. (The ones starring David Suchet.)

Moon: starring Sam Rockwell (great actor). Sort of a methodical, Hitchcockian Sci-fi drama/thriller. Highly recommended when you're in the mood for something a little different.

I didn't see these in your list but very well could've seen them...

-The Bourne Identity (the entire trilogy)
-SEVEN
-The Game (Older movie ('97) with Michael Douglas and Sean Penn) great twist movie
-Resevoir Dogs
-Four Rooms
-The Big Lebowski

THis!!!

Back