NBA Finals Thread

STAT(S) OF THE GAME: The Lakers dominated on the offensive glass, collecting a staggering 23 offensive rebounds, which negated a dismal shooting performance (27-of-83, 32.5 percent) ... The Lakers also benefited from a hefty free throw disparity, shooting 37 free throws compared to Boston's 17.
The Lakers were the more aggressive team tonight. Rondo wasn't getting into the lane and Pierce and Allen were shooting jumpshots all game. That is why the FT margin was in favor of the Lakers.

I don't like how the lead turned. The ticky tac 3 foul on Kobe and the next foul on Gasol. Crappy lead change in a game 7.

The Celtics have scored more points in the paint than the Lakers, yet shot around 70 less free throws.

What was it, 19 FT's in the fourth for the Lakers? Congrats Stern. I mean, do you really have to give it to those ****ing maggots and their fans? Any team in the NBA, I'd rather see LeBron win the next 10 championships than see that ****ing piece of shit rapist win another.

I don't like how the lead turned. The ticky tac 3 foul on Kobe and the next foul on Gasol. Crappy lead change in a game 7.

I think the officials did a good job of letting the players play. Some fouls are bound to seem ticky tack when they're letting them bang as much as they were.

That late 3 by Artest decided things as much as anything.

I think the officials did a good job of letting the players play. Some fouls are bound to seem ticky tack when they're letting them bang as much as they were.

Lakers seem to get the calls every year, also seems players get special attention when they cry. Refs don't want to be booed by plastic is how I see it.

The Celtics still should have won despite that, they had their opportunities. Its just annoying to watch...they were letting them play but calls did go in the Lakers favor late 3rd quarter on. Celtics should have been putting up more points though.

The Lakers were the more aggressive team tonight. Rondo wasn't getting into the lane and Pierce and Allen were shooting jumpshots all game. That is why the FT margin was in favor of the Lakers.

Really? Thats why they had the same almost the same exact amount of points in the paint? The C's were just as aggressive. Pierce took it to hoop and should've been at the line cutting the game to 2 - but the refs didn't call the same game on both ends. Even worse - the refs called one game for 3 quarters - which favored the C's - and another for 1 quarter, which heavily favored LA.

Like everything else in this NBA playoffs, the refs influenced the game. Not necessarily willingly, of course, but does that make it any better? The refs literally played a role in 90% of the games I just watched in the NBA playoffs. They got the Celts to the finals, got them to 7 games, and cowardly caved to the home crowd in the 4th quarter.

F**k this sport. No other level of basketball has these problems. High school, college - its NOTHING like this. I've been around basketball my entire f**king life. I've played it, coached it, ref'd it, scored it, watched it from birth. But right now, I might be done with the NBA.

Even if we had won tonight, it would've been hollow. We're watching something slightly above the WWE - where the biases are, hopefully, just subconscious. But who gives a f**k. It doesn't matter. This has become soccer. Players know the refs tendencies and work the game based on it. Its stupid. Its pointless. We just watched a free throw contest to settle Game 7 of the NBA finals. F**k that.

Gasol when he was a child...
<object width="464" height="376" id="605538" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" alt="Creepy Dog Has Bizarre Bark Funny Videos"><param name="movie" value="http://embed.break.com/NjA1NTM4"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://embed.break.com/NjA1NTM4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess=always width="464" height="376"></embed></object><br><font size=1><a href="http://www.break.com/index/creepy-dog-has-bizarre-bark.html" target="_blank">Creepy Dog Has Bizarre Bark</a> - Watch more <a href="http://www.break.com/" target="_blank">Funny Videos</a></font>

Frankly I wish that the C's had blown the Lakers out so that the refs wouldn't have been a factor in this game. But that's not the way things went. Too bad!!! I was hoping that the Celtics would win another title. My dislike for the Lakers has reached the same level of my dislike for the Yankees if that is even possible.

Really? Thats why they had the same almost the same exact amount of points in the paint? The C's were just as aggressive. Pierce took it to hoop and should've been at the line cutting the game to 2 - but the refs didn't call the same game on both ends. Even worse - the refs called one game for 3 quarters - which favored the C's - and another for 1 quarter, which heavily favored LA.

Like everything else in this NBA playoffs, the refs influenced the game. Not necessarily willingly, of course, but does that make it any better? The refs literally played a role in 90% of the games I just watched in the NBA playoffs. They got the Celts to the finals, got them to 7 games, and cowardly caved to the home crowd in the 4th quarter.

F**k this sport. No other level of basketball has these problems. High school, college - its NOTHING like this. I've been around basketball my entire f**king life. I've played it, coached it, ref'd it, scored it, watched it from birth. But right now, I might be done with the NBA.

Even if we had won tonight, it would've been hollow. We're watching something slightly above the WWE - where the biases are, hopefully, just subconscious. But who gives a f**k. It doesn't matter. This has become soccer. Players know the refs tendencies and work the game based on it. Its stupid. Its pointless. We just watched a free throw contest to settle Game 7 of the NBA finals. F**k that.

This.

First, where's my ****ing duckboats?????:cuss:

I gave up on alot of this season. The first time in my life I didn't watch greater than 90% of Celts and NBA games. Basketball was always my first love. Donaghy and the fallout spoiled some of that for me and then watching the crap officiating and biased calls killed it even more. If I wanted to watch fixed games, I would watch the WWE.

Then I got sucked in. This team sucked me right the hell back in an I really believed we would win. I was so impressed with the way the refs called the game last night, they really just let them play. Then the 4th quarter came. They called a completely different game, but only for the Lakers. Ticky-tack at best were some of the calls and the Lakers lived at the line. Unreal.

I hate blaming refs for a loss. Hate it. But don't change the rules midstream for one team. I can't for the life of me figure out why the NBA wants the spotlight on a rapist, but they do. Stearn simply doesn't care that his league is now looked upon as fixed and is happy to celebrate the rapists and thugs that are his stars and make him millions of dollars.

Bill Russell handed the MVP trophy named after him to a rapist last night and the world cheered. Disgusting. Suck it Stearn, you won't get one more ****ing dime from me and that breaks my heart.

It's not popular or politic to say this, but I do think that the officials phucked the Celts right up the ass.

I thought that the Fakers were getting calls that the Cs weren't getting, and that it changed the game.

And if Mike Breen was anywhere in my vicinity right now, I'd kill him.

I hope all the Cs fans have a great day today.

I'm spent and bummed, and don't plan on any more posts on this topic.

It's not popular or politic to say this, but I do think that the officials phucked the Celts right up the ass.

I thought that the Fakers were getting calls that the Cs weren't getting, and that it changed the game.

And if Mike Breen was anywhere in my vicinity right now, I'd kill him.

I hope all the Cs fans have a great day today.

I'm spent and bummed, and don't plan on any more posts on this topic.
You know what's funny as poor, drunk Scal pointed out on the radio this morning? In the first three quarters of this game when the refs FINALLY just let them play, Perk would have killed it. Killed it. Funny how that happens.

As someone who watched basketball in the 80's, I find this sport hard to watch, even in the finals.

Way too much talk about officiating.

Give me playoff hockey any day.

As someone who watched basketball in the 80's, I find this sport hard to watch, even in the finals.

Way too much talk about officiating.

Give me playoff hockey any day.
Now that I have divorced the NBA for good, I am on the bandwagon. Where do I sign up and get my welcome package?

They did a good job for most of the game, then it got ticky-tacky in the Lakers favor

20, thats too large a number

everyone is saying Artest this and artest that but it was the fact Odom came to play that swung this game in the Lakers favor last night

plus Rondo's inability to hit a free throw made him too ascared to drive and pick up fouls on the Lakers bigs leaving only Paul to handle that part of the offense and even then Rondo's inability to hit the open 17 foot jump shot allowed Kobe to play excellent help defense on the other players on the floor

Back