Never forget...

tehrick67

Reaction score
It hard to believe it's been 11 years already. My daughter was only a month old.

I'll never forget.....

If only we could all still feel as patriotic and united as we did that day, and for a period of time afterwards.

Today is nearly identical to that day. A beautiful Tuesday.

I think everyone knows exactly where they were and what they were doing when the news first broke.

Today is nearly identical to that day. A beautiful Tuesday.I think everyone knows exactly where they were and what they were doing when the news first broke.

It sure is, I was thinking that on the way to work.

Prayers to all that lost love ones. They shall never be forgotten.
And thanks to the men and women who put their lives on they line everyday to protect us.

~Dee~

Prayers to all that lost love ones. They shall never be forgotten.
And thanks to the men and women who put their lives on they line everyday to protect us.

~Dee~

Amen

BostonTim

has anyone been to the 9/11 memorial? It looks amazing and I plan on going in the near future.

I remember I was doing the snooze thing debating if I was going to go to class that day or not. My brother knocked on the door and told me to turn on the news I did just as the 2nd plane flew in. Horrible way to wake up. Unfortunately I didn't have to worry about class anymore.

Thoughts to all those that lost loved ones on that awful day. Big thank you to the troops for keeping us safe with no hesitation

has anyone been to the 9/11 memorial? It looks amazing and I plan on going in the near future.

Not yet. I was in the area a few weeks ago, but didn't have enough time (had to catch an Amtrak back to Providence). I did take pics of the new tower. It's beautiful. My son has a great view of the new tower from the roof of his apartment. At night, it looks spectacular all lit up.

I was in a basement in Putney VT of all places. I was building an asbestos containment,and listening to the radio with my Supervisor in total shock... When the Pentagon was hit I thought WWIII was going to break out. All I wanted to do at that moment was go home and be with my kids.. When lunch time came around I went to the local convenient store to get a bite. Everybody, including customers were huddling around the TV and that's when I saw the towers falls for the first time. It hit me like a ton of bricks... Overwhelming sadness came over me knowing full well a lot of innocent Americans were murdered and then extreme anger. I will never forget...

My brother (Jetstream) got married on Nov. 4th 2001 and my wife & I flew into NY a couple days before the wedding. The whole trip was kinda sureal, from the sight of armed soldiers with M16s patrolling LaGuardia Airport to seeing the memorials and posters of missing people on the streets of the city to standing at the top of the Empire State Building and seeing smoke still rising from the site of the Towers. We as a country can never forget what happened that day.

I'm certain that not a one of us will ever forget the shock, the horror, and the fear that we all felt.

I'm certain that every single one of us sat and shed tears on that day and those that followed for those lost and those that became heroes.

I'm certain that we all knew that our country changed forever on that day.

I'm certain that not a single one of us ever took anything for granted again after that day.

September 11th, 2001....we will never forget.

LT Col Karen Wagner. Pentagon.

She was a high school friend and competitor. We named our second high school for her. I was on the staff that opened that school August 2005.

RIP Karen. Thanks for that hamstring pull. If not for that, I wouldn't have gone to ballet for rehab. I wouldn't have danced all those years. Love you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Another Tuesday, September 11 today.

Where were you when the world stopped turning?

For me, my story isn't remarkable in any way, but in that I feel like that was what made September 11th such a tragedy. Normal, everyday people living their normal everyday lives had them ended in a blaze of hatred that had little to nothing to do with them personally.

I awoke September 11th 2001 early as I had for the past few weeks to drive my brother in law to work. Upon my return home I went back to bed as was my usual routine at the time and awoke sometime in the early afternoon, probably about 1pm here. (noon eastern) I turned on the TV and as luck would have it being the news junkie that I am I had left the channel on CNN from the night before, though for the life of me I'll never remember what I had been watching the night of September 10th.

Before the tube had even warmed up and displayed a picture I heard the words "World Trade Center collapsed." and in my half asleep state I was like "Um....huh?" when the picture came on I started to hear about what had happened. I'll admit at first in my half asleep and confused state I was scared, all I knew is that someone had "attacked" the United States, and two of the biggest buildings in the country had been destroyed, and I mean when you think of someone attacking the most powerful nation on the face of the Earth you obviously are concerned. Once the events of the day were recapped and I began to understand exactly what had happened my emotions changed from fear to shock and sorrow.

Like I mentioned before I am a news junkie and this is by far the biggest news story of my life, so I got very little sleep over the next few days, my eyes glued to CNN and Aaron Brown. Like most of us I was encouraged by the stories in the early days of perhaps there being pockets of air where people could have survived, but being disappointed that pretty much everyone in the towers had died. The scale of the disaster was beyond anything I had ever experienced before, because as you'll recall at the time the number of dead was estimated to be as high as 50,000. Mercifully it was of course much lower than that, but even one life lost was one too many.

I had posted before about my daughter going to grad school at NYU and working at a building close to the WTC andliving in lower Manhattan. It was a hellish day as we could not contact her until mid afternoon.

If you want to hear something chilling. In 1970, I believe, Tommy James wrote and recorded a song called "Ball of Fire". I remember liking the song and even after 911 not making the connection although I had it on my MP3 player.

Then last year I played the song and got goose bumps and said "no, it can't be". It is said that he wrote it while taking LSD.

I'll never forget it. Surreal. My wife woke up screaming that morning. And sweating. Took her a minute to gain her senses and then thru tears proceeded to tell me she watched kids in a daycare perish as the ceiling came crashing down on them. She was literally shaking. I hugged her and told her everything was ok. 10 minutes later we turn on the TV... I still cry reliving that morning.

Today is nearly identical to that day. A beautiful Tuesday.

I think everyone knows exactly where they were and what they were doing when the news first broke.

I noticed that when I felt a little bit off. Not quite sick, no definite symptoms, just not feeling particularly well. And then I realized that's exactly how I felt 11 years ago when I exaggerated it to skip school, and ended up watching everything unfold on TV.

I'll never forget the confusion when I first turned on the TV, half asleep, and heard something about an attack on the World Trade Center, and thinking they were talking about the 1993 bombing, thinking it must have been an anniversary of it or something. Then shock when it became clear that this was a new attack, happening live, and seeing the footage of the planes hitting the buildings.

I was watching tv and saw the smoke coming from the first tower when the second plane hit. I was Northwest of Austin and 90 minutes from home. I got on the road in a hurry, freaking out during the drive. The Pentagon was hit during that drive.

I knew Karen was there, but her office was under reconstruction. She was in a temporary place while the work was underway, but she went to her space to grab some items and files she needed. That's when the plane hit. It wasn't until later that we knew for sure she was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

We will never forget.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back