Non Patriot fans only for this thread.

Hi.

I have a rental property up in LA.
Tenants gave notice after 15 years. THey vacated on the 7th.
Been up there fixing it back up since Jan 13.
Didn't watch a lick of football the whole time.

Sounds like I missed an exciting Super Bowl.
At that point I was installing a fucking ceiling fan. Tough to do by yourself. took me almost 4 hours. Kept dropping the screws. lol.
As I finally flipped the switch on, I received a text from my daughter

Patsies LOSE!!!

:)

Got back home 9:30 last night

What part of town?

Other than you and jaric there are no other opposing fans left.

Really?

HEY, PATRIOTS! FUCK YOU IN THE FACE!

There is never a guarantee you’ll get a Patriots Schadenfreude Day. There are years when they win a Super Bowl and you just gotta sit there with gritted teeth while Brian O’Brian from Dickchester hoots and hollers and flashes imaginary rings and celebrates yet another Pats Super Bowl win by blinding an immigrant.

But not this year. No, this time the Patriots ate shit to a team quarterbacked by Nick Foles and coached by a picnic dad, and so you better believe I am gonna summon every single petty, misguided instinct within me to bask in the glow of that defeat. You lost, Boston. I know my team also lost and always loses but your team lost YESTERDAY. Your grunting dictator of a coach got too cute by benching his starting cornerback and your android QB got the ball taken from his magical Wolverine hands at the end and now everyone is happy because FUCK YOU.

FUCK YOU they cry from Philadephia.

FUCK YOU they cry from Atlanta.

FUCK YOU they cry from Seattle, Buffalo, and Carolina, and maybe even St. Louis a little.

All over the world, the people gather as if for worship, except in this case they’re doing it to lift their middle fingers aloft and cry out FUCK YOU. Choirs of small children gather on stage risers in tasteful white robes to sing the words FUCK YOU in angelic tones. Passing cumulus masses in the sky arrange themselves into a warm FUCK YOU shape as a message from the heavens. A lone woman runs across an alpine mountainside to tell the hills the news that the Pats have lost, and therefore FUCK YOU FOREVER.

I have no faith that you whiny, entitled dipshits will take the worldwide celebration of your demise (for now) as a hint, but I hope you do. New England has some very fine schools, and yet none of them appear to offer any sort of course in How To Go The Fuck Away. You guys could use one. You guys could stand to go take a sabbatical in fucking Iceland for the next three decades. Go away. Fuck off. Leave the rest of the sporting world alone with your endless, bipolar neediness.

Tom Brady? Christ, go the fuck away. Go learn how to be a human being instead of weird-ass, circa-2008 A-Rod pharmabot you currently are.

Bill Belichick? Go the fuck away. Go to some rocky point and spend your remaining days as the dour lighthouse keeper you were born to be.

Marky Mark? Go the fuck away. Playing a cop does not make you an actual cop.

Bill Simmons? Go the fuck away. Go record some fucking emergency three-hour podcast wrap-up of Once Bitten starring Lauren Hutton, and then delete that file.

Ben Affleck? Go the fuck away. Go vape in the parking lot outside a Little League game or whatever the fuck it is you do now.

Robert Kraft? Go the fuck away, you horny old frog. Sell this team and spend the rest of your time holding airborne Bon Jovi karaoke orgies.

Go the fuck away, Pats fans. You’ll have to find a different year to celebrate your team’s dystopian zeal for making literally every human being replaceable, and to pretend the Pats’ greatness somehow makes up for your own myriad, hilarious personal shortcomings. Go fuck the away, DO YOUR JOB. Go the fuck away, NO DAYS OFF. #NotDone? No, you are done. Fuck off.

I would tell you all to eat shit but Philadelphia decided to literally do that instead. Whatever. YOU LOST. This is a good day. I’M GONNA PASS OUT FREE TURKEYS TO EVERYONE BECAUSE THE PATRIOTS HAD THEIR SHIT RUINED.

LOL, I love the hatred. The thought of millions of fans who've spent years seeing their hopes dashed, over and over. They are at the point where the Patrtiots losing is a greater joy than their team winning. You can't imagine how hilarious that is.

It's awesome.

I'm not even that upset about the loss. That's what happens when a team gets on a run like this one. The fact that any other fan might be lucky to get a SB win or two in a lifetime, or even make the playoffs every few years....versus what NE fans have enjoyed. I have no complaints, and truthfully it was an insane game just like it always is when the Pats are there. Can't win em all.

You ever notice that Patriots could give a shit when other teams win or lose? This is all Buffalo has. Hey we suck and the team has been a failure, but Ha ha the patriots didn't win their 6th superbowl in 17 years....take that Patriots!

Pretty sure that wasn't a Bills fan that wrote that

You ever notice that Patriots could give a shit when other teams win or lose? This is all Buffalo has. Hey we suck and the team has been a failure, but Ha ha the patriots didn't win their 6th superbowl in 17 years....take that Patriots!

Even funnier is that I beat HipKat to the punch, and posted that article a few days ago because I found it to be hilarious.

LOL, I love the hatred. The thought of millions of fans who've spent years seeing their hopes dashed, over and over. They are at the point where the Patrtiots losing is a greater joy than their team winning. You can't imagine how hilarious that is.

It's awesome.

I'm not even that upset about the loss. That's what happens when a team gets on a run like this one. The fact that any other fan might be lucky to get a SB win or two in a lifetime, or even make the playoffs every few years....versus what NE fans have enjoyed. I have no complaints, and truthfully it was an insane game just like it always is when the Pats are there. Can't win em all.

I actually thought the article was pretty funny, too.

https://www.democratandchronicle.co...owl-new-england-patriots-tom-brady/301694002/

Even in Bills Country there should be some respect for the New England (Bleeping) Patriots
Jeff DiVeronica, @RocDevo Published 5:44 a.m. ET Feb. 3, 2018 | Updated 8:18 a.m. ET Feb. 3, 2018

We were at a bar on Christmas Eve watching the Bills give the Patriots all they could handle in the first half when I turned to my sister-in-law, a big Pats fan, and said, “So at what point do you get worried that your team’s in trouble?”

“I don’t,” Melissa said.

No hesitation. No thinking, as quick as the snap of a football. Typical Patriots fan bravado, right?

This happened during the lengthy review of the Kelvin Benjamin touchdown catch, the one that was wrongly overturned. Even Melissa and her boyfriend – the real reason we were out that afternoon and not watching in my living room (plus, he loves wings) – agreed on that; Buffalo got robbed. The Bills settled for a field goal and it was tied at 13 at halftime.

I went back at Melissa: “Seriously, you don’t ever get worried?”

“I don’t,” she said.

“Come on!” I shot back.

“No, Jeffrey. Not until there are zeroes on the clock.”

Can you blame her? Can you blame any Patriots fan? I know for some the whiff of arrogance is downright disgusting. For many Bills fans, it’s “the Beast!” (gratuitous Seinfeld reference), an overpowering stench that makes you sick. But Melissa was there last year in Houston. She saw the greatest big-game comeback in sports history unfold in front of her own eyes, screaming all the way to Patriots 34, Falcons 28 in overtime.

She and Carl (the chicken wing boyfriend) were in Arizona in 2016 to watch Malcom Butler’s goal-line interception secure a 28-24 Super Bowl win over the Seahawks. And, of course, they were there two weeks ago in their familiar end zone seats in Foxborough to see Tom Brady pull his latest rabbit out of a hat, a 24-20 comeback win over the Jacksonville Jaguars for the AFC Championship.

Brady has done that 42 times. Forty-two fourth-quarter comebacks! Unbelievable, right?

Not if you’re a Pats fan.

I know we live in Bills Country, where they’re the New England (Bleeping) Patriots, but don’t you have, on some level, respect for the greatness of Brady, coach Bill Belichick and the Patriots?

Brady has won five Super Bowls, already the most by a quarterback ever … or ev-AH – in a Boston accent. Brady’s Patriots have won 14 division titles and eight AFC crowns in his 18 seasons. He’s 5-2 in Super Bowls. If not for an incredible David Tyree catch and beautiful Eli Manning throw (to Mario Manningham), Brady is 7-0 in the big game.

My sister-in-law grew up a Bills fan in the Rochester area before moving to Massachusetts. She and Carl are sitting this one out. They’re not in Minneapolis for Sunday’s Super Bowl against the Eagles. A trip to a colder climate was a big factor in that decision. They’d have spent the money. They’ve done it before.

I keep telling them to soak it all in. This will end someday, I say. The 40-year-old wonder boy can’t play QB forever and Belichick can’t coach the Patriots forever. No matter what the team says, I think there is some truth to that story that broke a few weeks ago about the rift between Brady, Belichick and/or owner Robert Kraft. Where there is smoke …

But the Patriots always find a way. They somehow always summon that Us Against the World mentality, don’t they? (thank you, Deflategate). Can the Eagles do what the Falcons couldn’t last year? If Matt Ryan couldn’t, can Nick Foles? I don’t think so.

But I do understand the hate for the Patriots, especially here in western New York. I really do. Dynasties do that. Yankees fans get it. The Patriots are cheaters, right? We’ve heard that a few times. But you don’t cheat your way to eight Super Bowls overall and three rings in the past six years. You don’t cheat your way back 42 times in the fourth quarter and from down 28-3 in a Super Bowl.

“Respect the Process.” We heard that all fall from the new Buffalo Bills brass and it was hard to argue with the results. So why can’t you summon any respect for the Patriots? Jealous? Envious? Weren’t the Bills once the Patriots, to a lesser degree in duration, doing the same thing during their run to four straight Super Bowls? From the 1988-93, the Bills made it to five AFC title games in six years.

In the same span, the Patriots were 28-68 and had a losing record five times, including seasons of 1-15 and 2-14. The big difference, of course, was the Bills never won the big game.

“The Patriots aren't a football operation. They are a business operation,” Fox Sports analyst Colin Cowherd said last month in a brilliant rant on the brilliance of Brady, Belichick and Co.

That’s why they’ve been able to sustain this.

They’re not perfect. They mix in a clunker or two every season, Cowherd said, but “then they immediately fix it. Because that's what the academics do in life. They evolve and adapt, and they have rules and regulations. And here's what New England does that makes them different from everybody else in the NFL … They seemingly never fumble. Everybody else in the league does, a lot.

“They have very few penalties. Everybody else in the league has a lot. They rarely have negative plays. It's never third and 28. They don't have clock management issues, like seemingly everybody else. And in the real big moments, you always trust emotionally, they're manipulating the other team.”

They’re just better. It sure helps to have the greatest NFL quarterback and coach of all time. But as an organization they make cold, calculated player moves. Average players elsewhere become playmakers in New England. The Patriots almost always maximize their talent.

And you better believe trading Jimmy Garoppolo this season falls into the “almost” category. My sister-in-law is still a Yankees fan. Amazingly, the Red Sox winning as much as they have hasn't swayed her. It also may have been her love of Derek Jeter.

She claims she still roots for the Bills when they're not playing the Patriots. "Luckily, the games between the two teams haven’t much mattered the last 12 years since I moved o Boston," she says.

Oh, it will change. Trust me, Melissa.

I grew up a Cowboys fan in central New York, but lost that when Jerry Jones showed Tom Landry the door the way he did. Cold and calculated might work for players, but not legendary coaches. These days I root for the Bills because it seems everyone around here is happier when they’re winning.

I’m rooting for the Patriots on Sunday because my in-laws have brainwashed my 4-year-old daughter. She knows the name of only one football player on the planet. She has been given gifts that include a Patriots book, a stuffed animal called “Brady Bear,” and jersey (the “87” worn by Rob Gronkowski). She also on command raises her hand and chants “Bra-dy! Bra-dy! Bra-dy!” anytime she hears his name.

Mostly, I’m rooting for my in-laws. Sports give us memories. I hope they get one more Super Sunday of happiness, one more unforgettable feeling before the clock strikes :00 on the Patriots dynasty.

JDIVERON@Gannett.com

I had noticed, prior to the Super Bowl that we were in the midst of a troll free playoff run.

Not Titans trolls, no Jags trolls (No1Jag is a resident) and no Eagles trolls.

The funny thing is there were no other trolls either.

Coming in after the loss is smart I guess, but kinda lame.

Come on, not even a little?

SIX still greater than five. :dbanana:

And to boot, you've lost as many as you've won. Mediocre at best. :coffee:

The Seahawks superbowl was the worst superbowl that I've ever seen. You dipstix paid off a lot of refs for that one.

:dbanana::dbanana::dbanana:Roids roids roids roids roids:dbanana::dbanana::dbanana:

Steelers 70's SB victories... hang your hat on those roid tainted wins

Back