Official college Football thread

He is, but he's one of those guys that will run occasionally early in their career, and then not do it any more, and even in year 10 or 11, when they've racked up back to back 72 yards rushing seasons; will be told on MNF that they're a threat with their legs too.

You're not wrong, he does have some good speed for his size, for sure, - but he's not Steve Young.

This is the next guy, the pocket passer guy, the guy who will be the best QB in the NFL (assuming there's no injuries, or Andrew Luck-style front office).

I rarely watch college football...and when I saw him play...it was as plain as day that this dew is fucking amazing. He would be one of the best qbs in the NFL right now. No questions asked. 100% legit right now!

Auburn-Alabama was a helluva game. Instant classic Iron Bowl that had everything - returns for TDs, pick 6s (1 was a butt-ception in the end zone for a 100 yard Auburn pick 6 TD), missed FGs, Saban going ballistic on the sidelines several times...this was a wild and crazy back and forth game. Malzahn pulled a Belichick outsmarting Saban at the end of the game on 4th down needing a first down to ice the game. Malzahn sent the punter out but at the last minute he lined up as an X WR and the QB lined up behind the center. Saban was confused and sent in a replacement but...12 men on the field gave Auburn the 1st down. Freshman QB for Auburn...Auburn deserved this win.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/86guN5IWO70" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Who do you think are the best qb's in next years draft?

Joe Burrow
Tuna- not too worried about his injury. He will drop some but will be able to go to a better organization.

I like Jordan Love from Utah St. Little raw but a ton of talent.

Justin Herbert.

Lot of talk about Jacob Eason from Washington but I think he would benefit by staying in school.

Joe Burrow
Tuna- not too worried about his injury. He will drop some but will be able to go to a better organization.

I like Jordan Love from Utah St. Little raw but a ton of talent.

Justin Herbert.

Lot of talk about Jacob Eason from Washington but I think he would benefit by staying in school.

Burrow and Eason transferred?

Burrow and Eason transferred?

Yep. Burrow was at Ohio State behind J.T Barrett & Dwayne Haskins.
Eason was at Georgia but got beat out by Jake Fromm. Same as current Buckeye qb Justin Fields.

I forgot to mention Jake Fromm as another qb that will get drafted probably late 1st early 2nd. Maybe higher, who knows? Lot of time between now & the draft.

Yep. Burrow was at Ohio State behind J.T Barrett & Dwayne Haskins.
Eason was at Georgia but got beat out by Jake Fromm. Same as current Buckeye qb Justin Fields.

I forgot to mention Jake Fromm as another qb that will get drafted probably late 1st early 2nd. Maybe higher, who knows? Lot of time between now & the draft.

I remember Fromm was good a few years ago...didn't he drop a little bit though?

The daughter-in-law of LSU's offensive coordinator died in a plane crash on her way to the LSU/Oklahoma playoff game. He was just shown on the pregame show and it's pretty clear he's struggling to keep it together.

Sometimes real life collides with sports and puts things in perspective.

Ridiculous that they threw Shaun Wade out of the game for targeting. That changed the whole game.

Back