Official college Football thread

These two teams have become to NCAAF what the Celtics and Lakers of the 80s were to the NBA.

Then again, I don't remember Celtics-Lakers ever being this one-sided.

Celtics are 11-3 all time vs the Lakers in the finals. Seems pretty one-sided to me.

It was great to watch the bully get his ass kicked.

What stuck out to me was the NFL-level talent on both sides. Possibly the greatest display of pure elite talent ever in the college game.

How many of those guys will be playing and playing well on Sundays?

Gotta be at least 20, probably more and a lot of them will be available this April.

Trevor Lawrence is so good that I could see multiple teams tanking it bigtime to get a shot at him. Justyn Ross looked like Randy Moss II. Quinnen Williams (Bama NT) is the next Fletcher Cox.

It was also great to see Nick Saban fucking up on that fake kick and getting solidly outcoached by Dabo.

BC played Clemson waaay better than Alabama did being down 6 points at halftime to lose 27-7 after our starting QB went out early.

The first 5 minutes of that game was nucking futs. I went to bed at half time firmly believing that Bama would at least make it a game at some point.

My heart bleeds.:coffee:

Saban got outcoached for sure, but how much is he to blame for Tua throwing the ball to the wrong laundry, twice?

Here is the first pick, by Terrell:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kkN2OUmMgA4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I could only find video of Mullen's pick on ESPN's twitter account.

In both cases, there was a little pressure on Tua, but gun to my dog's head, I'd say that both picks were (mostly) unforced errors. I find it tough to blame either on Saban's coaching, or anyone not named Tua.

The kid had a bad game on a big stage. It happens.

AP Poll, via ESPN, has the following:

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Ohio State
4. Oklahoma
5. Notre Dame
6. LSU
T7. Georgia
T7. Florida
9. Texas
10. Washington State
11. UCF

Michigan fans must be THRILLED.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jim Hokebaugh. What a revolution?!

We're all still pretty thrilled. Not because of football, but basketball. Our team is tearing it up and we have the best coach you could ever ask for.

AP Poll, via ESPN, has the following:

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Ohio State
4. Oklahoma
5. Notre Dame
6. LSU
T7. Georgia
T7. Florida
9. Texas
10. Washington State
11. UCF

Clemson may be one of the best, if not the best, college football teams of all time.

Jim Hokebaugh. What a revolution?!

We're all still pretty thrilled. Not because of football, but basketball. Our team is tearing it up and we have the best coach you could ever ask for.

Well Jimbo just hired Josh Gattis away from Bama to be your OC so that should help. I think Pep is the problem. Dump him.

Jalen Hurts is transferring to Oklahoma.

Can you say back-to-back-to-back Heisman Trophies.

:dbanana:

Vince Young is a Texas Longhorns legend, but that isn’t enough to stay employed with the school.

The university fired Young from his job as a development officer “for not demonstrating significant and sustained improvement in the performance of [his] job responsibilities and failing to maintain standards of conduct suitable and acceptable to the university,” according to a letter obtained by the Associated Press.

According to the report, Young was often absent from work and had been given warnings for more than a year. Young was arrested for drunk driving last month.

After leading Texas to the national championship, Young was the third overall pick in the 2006 NFL draft. Although he was named the league’s offensive rookie of the year in his first season, he never developed into the kind of quarterback he was projected to be, and he has had multiple legal and personal problems in retirement.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/09/texas-fires-vince-young/

Vince Young is a Texas Longhorns legend, but that isn’t enough to stay employed with the school.

The university fired Young from his job as a development officer “for not demonstrating significant and sustained improvement in the performance of [his] job responsibilities and failing to maintain standards of conduct suitable and acceptable to the university,” according to a letter obtained by the Associated Press.

According to the report, Young was often absent from work and had been given warnings for more than a year. Young was arrested for drunk driving last month.

After leading Texas to the national championship, Young was the third overall pick in the 2006 NFL draft. Although he was named the league’s offensive rookie of the year in his first season, he never developed into the kind of quarterback he was projected to be, and he has had multiple legal and personal problems in retirement.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/09/texas-fires-vince-young/

Can't say they didn't give him time to right himself.

Back