Official Game Thread, AFC Championship, Patriots at Broncos

Charming....

where is that from? I'd have to guess von miller or a.smith said it.

on the daniels/ravens thing, funny harbawl is ok with that. i thought he was against deceptive formations. no? only when it's the other team? well alllllllrightee then.

On the play BB challenged of being a forward pass that was ruled a backward pass/fumble
that Freeney picked up and ran into the EZ, why was that not a TD?

Because the play was blown dead before he scored. It was ruled a forward pass on the field. Once it was overturned they had to go by who had the ball last when the whistle was blown.

~Dee~

“I tried to lay on him a few times,” said one Broncos rusher after the game. “I tried to rub my nuts on his face.”

The Broncos are officially Peyton's team.

I can't help but feel that playing in Denver sealed our fate. They stacked the deck by not allowing any east coast ticket buying, which is shitty for the fans and the Pats, but legal. I am coming to believe crowd noise played a huge factor in that game, as I watch the Denver d-line just Tee off. Maybe Stork has a tell or Brady calls for the snap at a certain time on the play clock. The d-line was moving at the snap, not as he snapped. I really believed that Ware was offside many times watching it live, by a good half step.

“I tried to lay on him a few times,” said one Broncos rusher after the game. “I tried to rub my nuts on his face.”

The Broncos are officially Peyton's team.

LOL. Yes they are.

Ugh, I hadn't seen that till now. I think I'm gonna be sick.

I hadn't seen a view that was that definitive, either. And, yes, had Brady thrown it to him then it wouldn't have even required a perfect throw to get it done. I've heard people suggest that one of the defenders looking at White could have peeled back to defend Gronk, but I'm going to call bullshit on that. When Gronk cuts all save Keo were moving in the opposite direction to where the pass would have gone.

The most amazing part of the whole thing was that Denver didn't attempt to disrupt his route. At all. Gronk fired off the line and was able to cut hard without any discernable push-off that may have drawn a flag. An unbelievable defensive error on their part that was negated by the pressure and hits that did not allow Brady the split second he needed to see that play the way he has seen hundreds of similar red zone reads. Gronk ran a tremendous route. Keo didn't have a chance to get back into it.

It's really quite stunning to think how close it all was. I mean.....thousands of hours and plays and it all came down to a single play to determine whether we'd go to OT.

Hindsight is 20-20 and nobody can be sure what would have happened had it worked out differently and we tied it, but I'm sure that is a play that will haunt Brady, because he knows what we all know. I saw a clip of Gronk walking off the field on Showtime last night and the look on his face was one of agony and probably disbelief at the way it went down.

It was there. We needed one more and it was right fvcking there. A relative gimme. Let it fuel the fire for next year and turn a negative into a positive.

Don't know about anyone else, but most of the Broncos seem to be pretty proud of themselves for beating the Patriots.

Lots of talking, posting on social media sites their funny jokes. They do realize that they have what was and is probably the best team in the NFL left to play, right? That's when you cut it loose boys, not 2 weeks before when you take out the reigning!

Sometimes, you gotta laugh so you don't cry...
Taiwanese animators' take on the AFCCG:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/15__293WG0Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I love those, thanks!

BTW in Gronk's postgame he definitely seemed irked (as irked as he can ever sound, lol) by the fact he cramped up. It sounds like he's going to try to figure out what the issue was.

Here's the nuts thing:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/01/25/tom-brady-denver-broncos-defense-nfl-playoffs

And Stewart was "offended" that the Pats chose to receive. Even Rodney would ROFL at that one.

http://thebiglead.com/2016/01/25/darian-stewart-broncos-patriots/

Darian Stewart said:
He admitted that the Patriots’ surprise decision to take the ball instead of deferring after winning the opening coin toss had given the Broncos extra motivational ammunition.

“Without a doubt,” Stewart said. “That was disrespectful. We knew that going in we felt disrespected. We knew what we had to get done, we wanted to play this game two days ago. We had the fire.

“Our reaction was just like ‘really? Ok.’ That’s the way we were. You can get riled up for these games.”

Here's the nuts thing:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/01/25/tom-brady-denver-broncos-defense-nfl-playoffs

And Stewart was "offended" that the Pats chose to receive. Even Rodney would ROFL at that one.

http://thebiglead.com/2016/01/25/darian-stewart-broncos-patriots/

I guess he was looking for any excuse to feel 'disrespected' in order to get more amped up. BB could have been thinking that if the Pats could score first, it might help take the crowd out of the game, which is a big factor playing there. That, in a sense, respects Denver's offense, because it's saying that if we give them the ball, they could score first.

Don't know about anyone else, but most of the Broncos seem to be pretty proud of themselves for beating the Patriots.

Lots of talking, posting on social media sites their funny jokes. They do realize that they have what was and is probably the best team in the NFL left to play, right? That's when you cut it loose boys, not 2 weeks before when you take out the reigning!

Pats hangover will come in the Super Bowl like it did two years ago. Can't blame them. Beating the Pats is everyone's SB no matter what time of year. But having the Panthers next for the title is brutal for them. Wonder if they will be prepared for the crowd noise this time. Not betting on it.

I wonder if he'll also be offended when Cam Newton pulls it out of Denver's ass and facializes them before cavorting around and taking mock selfies during the SB?

I hope not. Especially as Miller grabbed his dick right in a Pats player's face and was not flagged for taunting. LOL

I guess he was looking for any excuse to feel 'disrespected' in order to get more amped up. BB could have been thinking that if the Pats could score first, it might help take the crowd out of the game, which is a big factor playing there. That, in a sense, respects Denver's offense, because it's saying that if we give them the ball, they could score first.
I actually thought BB would do that with KC as well, just to make them play from behind, but they lost the toss. But I do agree that's why BB did that.

At the very end of the game where we missed the 2 point conversion, the ball was bounced up in the air and a Broncos guy caught it and started running it back. During that run, Amendola stripped it out of his hands and it hit the ground. Several Pats guys then jumped on it. How come it wasn't considered our ball? Why was this not ruled a fumble? There was still 0:12 seconds left.

At the very end of the game where we missed the 2 point conversion, the ball was bounced up in the air and a Broncos guy caught it and started running it back. During that run, Amendola stripped it out of his hands and it hit the ground. Several Pats guys then jumped on it. How come it wasn't considered our ball? Why was this not ruled a fumble? There was still 0:12 seconds left.
PATs and 2 point conversions are untimed, free plays. They're not part of the regular game play, they're extra. Whether they succeed or fail, when that play is over, the next thing to happen is the post-TD kickoff.

PATs and 2 point conversions are untimed, free plays. They're not part of the regular game play, they're extra. Whether they succeed or fail, when that play is over, the next thing to happen is the post-TD kickoff.

BS is not BS'ing this time. But one aspect of the play which could have happened is that the Pats could have tried to pick up the fumble and still score. But I assume instincts took over and everyone just decided to jump on it.

I can't help but feel that playing in Denver sealed our fate. They stacked the deck by not allowing any east coast ticket buying, which is shitty for the fans and the Pats, but legal. I am coming to believe crowd noise played a huge factor in that game, as I watch the Denver d-line just Tee off. Maybe Stork has a tell or Brady calls for the snap at a certain time on the play clock. The d-line was moving at the snap, not as he snapped. I really believed that Ware was offside many times watching it live, by a good half step.

They should have tried harder to win the last few games...but, seeing how bad the oline was last weekend, they would likely got thrashed in the superbowl. Let the dnever get donkey punched instead...

Back