Official Game Thread - Divisional Playoffs - KC Chiefs at NE Patriots.

Agreed. Like I said, Reid put his money on the wrong strategy.

I just think that's different than saying he sucks at clock management. It's not like he had a plan and just mismanaged the clock and wasn't left with enough time to execute it. Based on what he wanted to do, his management of the clock was fine and in line with his plan. Had they recovered the kick, there was enough time and timeouts to score with a short field. We know his plan wasn't great, but I think the "lol Andy Reid can't manage a clock" isn't the same argument as what happened: "lol Andy Reid gambled on 18% probability."

Reid's been an NFL HC for what, 15 years, in the league for like 25?

That wasn't "unconventional coaching" and "taking a gamble". That was terrible clock mismanagement, game mismanagement, inability to communicate the simplest things to your QB in a timely manner.

In short, this "plan" is nothing more than a misdirect to try to get people off of the scent of what actually happened, mostly for Chiefs fans benefit.

I don't think they're dumb enough to buy it, but we'll see.

From ESPN: Doug Pederson says he called plays during second half of Chiefs loss in New England. Drive was slow because Chiefs "didn't want to give ball back to Tom Brady."

I don't understand that at all. They were down 14. They needed two scores. They were going to have to give the ball back to Tom or on-side kick. Either way you need time for the second drive. But if this is really true what an unbelievable advantage for the Pats to have an OC that scared of your QB that he basically tanked the end of the game out of fear.

Reid's been an NFL HC for what, 15 years, in the league for like 25?

That wasn't "unconventional coaching" and "taking a gamble". That was terrible clock mismanagement, game mismanagement, inability to communicate the simplest things to your QB in a timely manner.
In short, this "plan" is nothing more than a misdirect to try to get people off of the scent of what actually happened, mostly for Chiefs fans benefit.

I don't think they're dumb enough to buy it, but we'll see.

all things Andy Reid is well known for. After a while, it becomes about the coach, not the players.

Reid can say what he wants but Louis Riddick, who worked for the Eagles when Reid was there said on Mike & Mike tho other day that there were always clock management concerns with his regime,and later commented that he had "been on headsets with coaches when they were running hurry up offenses and a lot of coaches can't deal with the chaos" (paraphrase).

My paraphrases make it sound like he was throwing Reid under the bus a lot, but it really wasn't that way, it came off as his trying NOT to throw Reid under the bus but if you read between the lines, he was admitting it was a big issue in general in Philly.

As long as Reid was the one telling him to blow chunks.

:Eason:
Blowing chunks
At work, three friends get into an argument over who got more wasted the night before.

"I got so drunk last night, when I got home I blew chunks," said the first man.

"I got so drunk last night, I had to sleep outside because I couldn't make it inside my house," said the second man.

But the third man was certain he got more wasted than his friends. "I got so drunk, I set my entire house on fire!" he argued.

"I don't think you guys understand," said the first man. "My dog's name is chunks."

So McNabb is off the hook. :coffee:

The :Eason: was just an added bonus, that probably didn't make much difference in the end.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Reid can say what he wants but Louis Riddick, who worked for the Eagles when Reid was there said on Mike & Mike tho other day that there were always clock management concerns with his regime,and later commented that he had "been on headsets with coaches when they were running hurry up offenses and a lot of coaches can't deal with the chaos" (paraphrase).

My paraphrases make it sound like he was throwing Reid under the bus a lot, but it really wasn't that way, it came off as his trying NOT to throw Reid under the bus but if you read between the lines, he was admitting it was a big issue in general in Philly.

I get how it can be hectic, and a lot of voices in your head at the same time.

Andy Reid has been a head coach in the NFL without interruption for 16 seasons. Eventually, he should have figured shit out. He shouldn't need moar timez. :coffee:

Blowing chunks
At work, three friends get into an argument over who got more wasted the night before.

"I got so drunk last night, when I got home I blew chunks," said the first man.

"I got so drunk last night, I had to sleep outside because I couldn't make it inside my house," said the second man.

But the third man was certain he got more wasted than his friends. "I got so drunk, I set my entire house on fire!" he argued.

"I don't think you guys understand," said the first man. "My dog's name is chunks."

Jackie "Joke Man" Martling? :shrug:

I get how it can be hectic, and a lot of voices in your head at the same time.

Andy Reid has been a head coach in the NFL without interruption for 16 seasons. Eventually, he should have figured shit out. He shouldn't need moar timez. :coffee:

Yep.
Or at the very least, he should realize it's not a strength of his and have a trusted assistant help out.

Back