Jeremy Roenick said that the NHL needs to refine that GI rule and he also said that the Bruins were robbed as well. After Paguex covered up that puck inside the net I was livid, how could the NHL get 2 obvious calls so wrong? I hate to be a conspiracy type but last nights game makes one think that maybe...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bettman learned to fix games from his days in the NBA. It is not a new thing.

Rule relevant to last night.

Double fvcking.

Rebounds and Loose Pucks - In a rebound situation, or where a goalkeeper and attacking player(s) are simultaneously attempting to play a loose puck, whether inside or outside the crease, incidental contact with the goalkeeper will be permitted, and any goal that is scored as a result thereof will be allowed.
In the event that a goalkeeper has been pushed into the net together with the puck by an attacking player after making a stop, the goal will be disallowed. If applicable, appropriate penalties will be assessed.
In the event that the puck is under a player in or around the crease area (deliberately or otherwise), a goal cannot be scored by pushing this player together with the puck into the goal. If applicable, the appropriate penalties will be assessed, including a penalty shot if deemed to be covered in the crease deliberately (see Rule 63).

So despite getting the greatest coach evah, the Canadiens are sent packing- despite being the favorite...

Penalties killed this playoff run, how do you have 4 delay of game penalties in the first period? More shady officiating ends the Bruins run. Lots of positives as well, McAvoy, Kuraley, Acciari, there's some excellent young talent in the B's future. Chara played well for a 40 year old defenseman but it's getting close to that time for him.

Losing 4 of your top 5 D for extended time would kill any team.

A gutty run. Tough to fight thru that boring plan. A true scoring threat or 3 is needed for that 2nd line.

Hope some self reflection takes place and some new faces are somehow added.

We got too complacent after the Cup win and then another Finals run. Churn is needed.

Penalties killed this playoff run, how do you have 4 delay of game penalties in the first period? More shady officiating ends the Bruins run. Lots of positives as well, McAvoy, Kuraley, Acciari, there's some excellent young talent in the B's future. Chara played well for a 40 year old defenseman but it's getting close to that time for him.

Thought he had a lot of giveaways in the Bruins zone. He also overskates the puck at times.

Hopefully, he works through it.

Thought he had a lot of giveaways in the Bruins zone. He also overskates the puck at times.

Hopefully, he works through it.

If you think he's the problem you don't have a good grasp of what you're watching.

The kid has the makings of the next stud D in the league. Thrown into playoff action after a full college run. He was excellent.

If you think he's the problem you don't have a good grasp of what you're watching.

The kid has the makings of the next stud D in the league. Thrown into playoff action after a full college run. He was excellent.

I don't think he's the problem. And, yes, I realize that he was thrown to the wolves but he just seemed overwhelmed. That might just be his inexperience.

I found myself yelling at him more than anyone during the last couple games.

Chicago swept out
Montreal on the verge of elimination.

I'm OK with that.

Now if someone can take out Pittsburgh, I'll be somewhat content.

Caps are going to get another shot at it. Hoping the way they pulled on their big boys pants and stepped up the way they did last night meant something. Feeling like this series could be your defacto championship series. Think whoever survives this one is probably going to be holding up the Cup in a couple months.

Macavoy is a trainwreck in his own end. He'll improve, though. Gotta move Rask this offseason. He's not going to win here and both sides need a change of scenery.

Caps are going to get another shot at it. Hoping the way they pulled on their big boys pants and stepped up the way they did last night meant something. Feeling like this series could be your defacto championship series. Think whoever survives this one is probably going to be holding up the Cup in a couple months.

I think Anaheim might have something to say about that.

Macavoy is a trainwreck in his own end. He'll improve, though. Gotta move Rask this offseason. He's not going to win here and both sides need a change of scenery.

That's just insane.

But coming from the guy who thought Cross played well, despite crawling around on the ice without a stick like he was looking for a lost contact lens.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

should have traded both Rask and <strike>Suppan</strike> Subban and kept both Martin Jones and Thomas Greiss

Keeping Jones and flipping Rask was the correct play.

Good on Cassidy.

Locker day in hockey just sheds such an enormous light on the club status.

Can't help but throw up in my mouth a bit comparing MLB to NHL.

Bergey played the whole season with a sports hernia. Explains a lot. He was one of Team Canada's most dominant players with Marshy and Syd. Then the season came and those 2 exploded for great seasons and Bergeys was sub-average. Now we know why. Can't imagine that in a game of routine 20mph+ collisions.

That's just insane.

But coming from the guy who thought Cross played well, despite crawling around on the ice without a stick like he was looking for a lost contact lens.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Keeping Jones and flipping Rask was the correct play.

Cross did play well that game. He got lost on the final play, but he was a +1 and was hardly the problem with that loss. I'm guessing you don't watch a lot of hockey because you certainly don't understand what you are watching. (typical Bruins fan). Rask was the backbone who led his team to two historic chokes to miss the playoffs (including sitting out the final game of the season that determined their season). He blew a 3-1 third period lead and lost all 3 of his home games this year. He was dreadfully out of position on that OT winner in game 6.

He is a guy who will get you to the playoffs but will never be one who can get hot and win a championship. If you think keeping Rask (and his salary) and trading Jones was the right call you have brain damage.

Cross was terrible.

And thus the first one relegated to Fl 9 when ANY healthy body was available.

But it's clearly too difficult for you to see through your Crimson & Gold lenses.

Back