The Penguins are missing the best player in the NHL. While other teams worry about what complementary pieces they might get at the trade deadline, the Pens' biggest concern is when they're going to have the best player in the world added back to the roster.

Trust me, take the current Malkin and Neal line, and add a Crosby line, and put Staal back on the 3rd line, and we have 2 1st lines that are better than anything you can put on the ice, and a 3rd line that's probably about as good as your 2nd line. It's not going to be pretty. Teams are going to be getting massacred when Crosby comes back.

You're in the wrong neighborhood if you're looking for sympathy with regards to concussions.

Especially since we lost our by far #1 PP QB for the past 2 plus seasons from the hands of the POS on your team.

Now Horton has lingering troubles too.

Nope. No sympathy here. Get through it. We did.

The Penguins are missing the best player in the NHL. While other teams worry about what complementary pieces they might get at the trade deadline, the Pens' biggest concern is when they're going to have the best player in the world added back to the roster.

Trust me, take the current Malkin and Neal line, and add a Crosby line, and put Staal back on the 3rd line, and we have 2 1st lines that are better than anything you can put on the ice, and a 3rd line that's probably about as good as your 2nd line. It's not going to be pretty. Teams are going to be getting massacred when Crosby comes back.

Pens won't even make the conference finals. They're a slightly above average team at best, even with Crosby.

You're in the wrong neighborhood if you're looking for sympathy with regards to concussions.

Especially since we lost our by far #1 PP QB for the past 2 plus seasons from the hands of the POS on your team.

Now Horton has lingering troubles too.

Nope. No sympathy here. Get through it. We did.

Seriously. It's also hilarious that he thinks Crosby is gonna come back after 2 years of not playing and basically Mario the situation. Ain't gonna happen. Dude will be afraid to get hit, and once he gets hit, will piss his pants and think he's Batman again.

And it serves you fvckers right for harboring Cooke.

Seriously. It's also hilarious that he thinks Crosby is gonna come back after 2 years of not playing and basically Mario the situation. Ain't gonna happen. Dude will be afraid to get hit, and once he gets hit, will piss his pants and think he's Batman again.

And it serves you fvckers right for harboring Cooke.

Uh, what? Of course I expect Crosby to be a beast when he comes back. It's what he does. When he came back earlier this year for 8 games he put up 12 points like it was nothing.

And don't give me that crap about Cooke. 1. He has just 26 penalty minutes this year. .4 PIM per game. He's completely changed the way he plays. Cooke for Lady Byng.
2. Your team "harbors" Todd Bertuzzi. Guess you deserve to lose Zetterberg or Lidstrom for a while then, right?

Uh, what? Of course I expect Crosby to be a beast when he comes back. It's what he does. When he came back earlier this year for 8 games he put up 12 points like it was nothing.

And don't give me that crap about Cooke. 1. He has just 26 penalty minutes this year. .4 PIM per game. He's completely changed the way he plays. Cooke for Lady Byng.
2. Your team "harbors" Todd Bertuzzi. Guess you deserve to lose Zetterberg or Lidstrom for a while then, right?
sid will be a beast for 5 games until he is injured again

I never would have guessed the Rangers would be in 1st place in the East. Your top scorer is Marian "fear the spotlight" Gaborik. I don't think I've ever seen him do anything remotely clutch.

The fact of the matter is, Evgeni Malkin is virtually unstoppable, James Neal is more productive than anybody on the Rangers, and if/when Crosby comes back, nobody is going to beat the Pens. That's 2 unstoppable lines, and it moves Staal back to 3rd line center and reunites the best 3rd line in hockey. Boom.
all sour grapes......stop whining about injuries...Rangers were without their top defenseman for 35 games.....and their 2nd best defenseman for the past 25 games......still in 1st though..... Rangers are far more balanced with their scoring....have a goalie that is 5 times better than yours........quit blaming your place in the division on injuries and hate of other teams

Heard one of the more interesting callers today on 98.5.

You are Chiarelli.

Do you entertain trading Tuuka and possibly a significant roster player, a minor leaguer, and/or your 1st for a bonafide weapon?

There are few players I'd consider, but one just happens to be Anaheims Corey Perry. They are a longshot at best. Even if they make it I can't expect them to consider themselves a legitimate threat.

Tuuka solidifies their goaltending. A player, maybe Krejci, and our 1st?

I've been steadfast in not wanting to move Tuuka. But we need a little help. Perry would be alot of help. And I don't think Thomas's play is just gonna fall off the map. He only needs a guy to lighten the load of the regular season, at least for the next couple years.

Our cap situation is then still ideal to target Corey Schneider in the off-season with a solid offer. That's the kicker. If we feel there's a good chance of pilfering Schneider I'm all in on this.

I would probably trade Rask and a second to Chicago for either Kane or Toewes or to Columbus for Nash. Outside of that I got nothing.

I would probably trade Rask and a second to Chicago for either Kane or Toewes or to Columbus for Nash. Outside of that I got nothing.

In a second!

Except for Nash. Just not getting a great vibe on the guy. Prefer someone a little more creative with regards to creating his own offense.

In a second!

Except for Nash. Just not getting a great vibe on the guy. Prefer someone a little more creative with regards to creating his own offense.

I like Nash a lot...... But don't like the rumors of the rangers trading either dubinsky or stepan plus a first rounder..... I'd give stepan and a third. Dubinsky is a leader and grinder........ Nash is big and can get 25 goalls and would be nice next to gaborik as opposed to stepan because of his size

all sour grapes......stop whining about injuries...Rangers were without their top defenseman for 35 games.....and their 2nd best defenseman for the past 25 games......still in 1st though..... Rangers are far more balanced with their scoring....have a goalie that is 5 times better than yours........quit blaming your place in the division on injuries and hate of other teams

lol Because your top 2 defensemen are comparable to the best player in hockey and 3rd line center being out for significant time. The Pens for much of this year were like a bar stool missing 2 out of 4 legs. (Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Fleury being the legs, as they're the core of the team) Well, I guess it is comparable when you don't have anybody that can score.

Also, Stunnedqvist 5 times better than Fleury? ROFL Fleury vs Lundqvist is always a great matchup. I'll admit Henrik has the edge, mostly because he has to since the Rangers don't have much else to work with. Although, last game between us who gave up more goals? Well, again, I guess Fleury's shutout isn't that big of an accomplishment against guys like Tommy Boy Callahan and Mr. Invisible (Gaborik)

lol Because your top 2 defensemen are comparable to the best player in hockey and 3rd line center being out for significant time. The Pens for much of this year were like a bar stool missing 2 out of 4 legs. (Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Fleury being the legs, as they're the core of the team) Well, I guess it is comparable when you don't have anybody that can score.

Also, Stunnedqvist 5 times better than Fleury? ROFL Fleury vs Lundqvist is always a great matchup. I'll admit Henrik has the edge, mostly because he has to since the Rangers don't have much else to work with. Although, last game between us who gave up more goals? Well, again, I guess Fleury's shutout isn't that big of an accomplishment against guys like Tommy Boy Callahan and Mr. Invisible (Gaborik)
hahahaha...wwwhhhaaaaaaaa !!!! Sid is NOT the best player in hockey....and i never compared sid to the rangers injuries. I made the point that every team has significant injuries....to date, the rangers have been able to overcome theirs. You keep bragging about your teams great scoring......whoop de dooo....so your scoring has gotten you to 2nd in your division.......look at the stats comparing fleury and lundquist......it's not even close. The Rangers have nothing to work with ? Do you watch any Ranger games? It's not all about scoring....they are a top 2 defense in the league because of Henrik and their defensemen. Yippoee......fleury got a shut out !!!!! I think Henrik has "one or two.........or 7 of them"

Heard one of the more interesting callers today on 98.5.

You are Chiarelli.

Do you entertain trading Tuuka and possibly a significant roster player, a minor leaguer, and/or your 1st for a bonafide weapon?

I've been steadfast in not wanting to move Tuuka. But we need a little help. Perry would be alot of help. And I don't think Thomas's play is just gonna fall off the map. He only needs a guy to lighten the load of the regular season, at least for the next couple years.

Once upon a time, the Sharks decided to keep Evgeni Nabokov and trade away their young Finnish backup ... an eventual Vezina winner named Miikka Kiprusoff.

Okay, Thomas >>>>> Nabokov, so it's obviously not an apples-to-apples comparison.

But still, I would not want to see the Bruins make a mistake that even looks like it's in the same direction, regardless of magnitude.

Once upon a time, the Sharks decided to keep Evgeni Nabokov and trade away their young Finnish backup ... an eventual Vezina winner named Miikka Kiprusoff.

Okay, Thomas >>>>> Nabokov, so it's obviously not an apples-to-apples comparison.

But still, I would not want to see the Bruins make a mistake that even looks like it's in the same direction, regardless of magnitude.

3 points in response:

1. Thomas doesn't have the wear and tear on him at his age as other goalies have. He was not saddled with extensive playing time early in his career. I think he has a solid 3-4 years left anyways.

2. Tuuka has never really shown me he can be "the guy". Sure, he's projected. And I'm quite sure he'd be solid enough to win with. But it's not a proven. We have a tendency in this area of over-valuing our own players. And sadly, as it's not all on him, the lingering memory I have of him in "crunch" time was the 3-0 Phillie collapse. Goalies with the nuts just have to step up and own 1 of 4 chances to move on in the playoffs.:shrug:

3. Win now. I'm not so much concerned with just being really competetive. We've got a solid talented roster. One more offensive flair type guy would make us really formidable in the playoffs, and is a true need with the loss of Horton. Think of all the timely goals he netted in last years playoffs. And Ryder's as well. Who's it gonna be to step up now this year? Another true weapon is needed to replace/fill those shoes.

Don't be Pats-like with continued long term very high quality but possibly leaving a Championship or 3 on the table due to a lack of grabbing an impact guy. We've got the resources to land said player with a very valuable albeit spare resource right now - he's not gonna play at all in the playoffs again quite likely- plus a 1st rounder and roster players either on the parent team or in Providence. A deal could be done.

It's nice to see this thread coming to life again.

Turris should have atlest gotten a game and fine for that hit. The good news is he's in town tomorrow night.

I'm not against trading Tukka, but to get a top line winger it will be Tukka, Dougie Hamilton and a first round pick. I'm not giving up Dougie Hamilton. Anyone follwing his progress knows he's going to be a stud.

I like Cory Schenider, but it's no done deal he's a Bruin if we trade Tukka. I haven't looked at the bruins goalie prosepects lately, but history tells me it's probably not much.

I go after a depth guy for the 3rd round. Pevelrley will be back. Horton? not counting on it. I think another defensmen would be good also.

This team wins rolling 4 solid lines, not top end talent from getting #1 picks after tanking seasons.

Back