Official Post Here If You've Gotten Over It Thread!

Alco

Much Patriots
Reaction score
I'm actually in a good mood today, or night, whatever. Earlier I was sorta bummed.

Life is gonna go on apparently. :thumb:

I'm there, dude.

I'm reminded of a great line from a funny movie: "It's just a game, Focker!"

Getting over it is more like it. But the black hole is gone. I will still be a Pats fan. I will still post here. I am looking forward to getting busy in the draft forum and see where that leads. Kinda getting better and my mood is much lighter than earlier too. But I still wont read any post mortems or partake in the assclown fest that is raging now.

i'm not completely over it but I am doing better than I thought mainly because I like the Giants so it's not as bad as if we lost to the Cowboys or Packers. And I'm already looking ahead to next season wondering what Belichick has in store! Let's win a superbowl next year! Get us a powerful running back and defensive line and get another powerful receiver. Get us Chad Johnson. This will get the Pats even more fired up than Spygate!

Let's see, we've still got the best coach in Belichick...we've still got the best quarterback in Brady...we're still gonna have one of the best teams in our PATS, and we're still gonna kick some serious ass next season...YEP, it's official! I'm over it. GO PATS! :)

Count me in as being over the loss....So, now I can get back to my boring life.

I find myself unable to complain about 18 and 1. The Patriots, Sox and Celtics are giving us a good enough roll that it seems petty to complain. It isn't as if we haven't had our share of victory parades lately.

I am almost more content with a good season behind us and the reasonable assurance of another good season to come, that today is less tense and anxious than last week.

Here's to football!

I feel like I got punched in the stomach still, but I'm ready for the 08 season now. Even more people doubting and hating the Pats.

Getting calls from both kids just to make sure I'm doing OK does alot to put things in perspective.

bideau on 02-05-2008 at 08:05 AM said:
Getting calls from both kids just to make sure I'm doing OK does alot to put things in perspective.
yeah, both my kids kept asking me if everything was OK all day yesterday - they are only 4 and 6 years old

What happened the last time Belichick/Pats came soo close? We killed the free agent market...Mark my words, Troy Brown won't be comming back. If Bruschi wants to come back, he'll be getting paid vets minimum with maybe a 500K bonus. We won't resign Gay unless he takes less than 2mil. Seau would be resigned if he wants to return. He still plays very well. Asante would definitely comeback cos he is the only above avg CB we have and we can't replace him if we let him go. Why would Belichick want to make the secondary weaker? Izzo, Eugen Wilson, Stallworth and kelley Wash are not comming back. Moss is going to comeback for not as much as we think...maybe a 3yr deal. Belichick will bring in a new kicker to give Gostkowski a runn for his money although i believe Gost would end up staying. He needs competition to wake him the hell up. If somehow Asante doesn't return, then Asomugha and Trufant would be here. If he stays then Asomugha would be a Pat next year. Gaffney has to stay cos if anything happens to Moss next season then we need him and Chad Jackson since Stall is too expensive.

I look at this as a positive because now we can resign people like Wilfork longterm for less than we would have had to if we won the SB. We also gonna play way harder next yr and Sammy Morris would be back.

4 some reason, the Pats played much better when Seymour was not playing. I just think he isn't all that. If trading him gives us $$ then i don't mind lettin him go.

YES I AM MAD!!!!!!

And didn't Neal get hurt early in the SB?

All I can say is thanks to the Pats for a fantastic season ! Even though the SB was lost it doesn't take away from the great year as a whole.

JFK on 02-05-2008 at 08:17 AM said:
YES I AM MAD!!!!!!
wrong thread JFK, this is for us who have moved on

I have, actually in the real life we live, sports are for entertainment, I am as big a fan as anyone but when life is placed in the proper perspective this loss may hurt, may bother us but I am over it.

I'm not actively participating in the game, If I was playing the recovery time would be a bit more difficult to swallow but I am only a fan

My hangover is gone and so is the heaviness.

Flocks of choice free agents are already lining up at the stadium to beg for a chance to Moss themselves for pocket change.

Last time I checked we were still sitting in the 7 hole in the 1st round.

Instead of being the greatest team of all time, we weren't even the best team of 2007, but we are still extremely good and built for the long haul.

We have an outstanding brain trust who never rest and perfect their methods every year.

We still have Brady and that means a great chance to win any time we step on the field.

The future's so bright you gotta wear shades.

My dog still likes me (when I feed him). My wife will still have sex with me (if she's in the mood, maybe), and my son still likes me (as long as I fork over 200K for him to go to MIT).

I guess I'm over it (at least somewhat).

:shrug:

I am over it, well not really, probably won't want to really dwell on it for awhile. I find myself not listening to TV sports coverage or the radio talk stuff right now. My mom did call to make sure I was alright too.

I want to be over it and I know I will be. It just will take awhile.

My BIGGEST fear is if the team can get over it. I think they may need to make a few changes to create a new buzz of excitement or I fear a letdown in 2008.

mikiemo83 on 02-05-2008 at 08:08 AM said:
yeah, both my kids kept asking me if everything was OK all day yesterday - they are only 4 and 6 years old

I laughed when I read this, that is priceless. :thumb:

As I said before, I am over this loss, sports are really just an escape from life, shouldn't consume ones life. I am looking forward to next year. I hope we don't undefeated, I'll settle for 11-5 with a SB title.

What I think sucks is this years choke won't be undone until they win another title. I just hope the Patriots learn their lesson from the Rams, after they lost to the Pats, they haven't been close to getting back to the big game.

Congrats Giants fans, enjoy this moment and this off season, you guys are the champions, well done.

I've been over it since the initial shock of them losing which lasted.............ohhhhhhhh..........about 5 minutes after the game concluded.

Just a game, folks- Just a game.

Back