Oh by the way - Deflategate2?

Patriots71

datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
Reaction score
Website
t.me
User Actions
Follow

FOX Sports: NFLVerified account
‏@NFLonFOX
Deflategate 2? @jayglazer explains that the #Giants alerted the NFL on #Steelers deflated footballs last week.

So NFL is saying it didnt happened, like 5 minutes after the report, and Glazer is saying the giants confirmed. Someone is lying, wanna guess?

So I assume Wells is on alert? Or no.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ague-to-two-underinflated-steelers-footballs/

Glazer: Giants alerted league to two underinflated Steelers footballs
Posted by Mike Florio on December 11, 2016, 12:53 PM EST
PITTSBURGH, PA - DECEMBER 04: Eli Apple #24 of the New York Giants recovers a fumble by Le'Veon Bell #26 of the Pittsburgh Steelers in the third quarter during the game at Heinz Field on December 4, 2016 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. (Photo by Jamie Sabau/Getty Images)
Getty Images
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the wintry elements with footballs inflated precisely at 12.5 pounds per square inch . . . .

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that the Giants have alerted the league office to the fact that a pair of footballs obtained by their defense during last Sunday’s game at Pittsburgh had less than the minimum air pressure. The Giants have not yet heard back from the NFL.

The Giants likely won’t. As Glazer explained it, there likely won’t be an investigation or protracted disciplinary process.

As the Patriots would say, of course there won’t be, because the league office currently has no reason to prosecute and/or persecute the Pittsburgh Steelers over the trumped-up notion that there was deliberate deflation of footballs.

If the footballs contained 12.5 PSI at kickoff, of course they had less than that later in the game, after the bladders within the pigskin were in the December atmosphere for any period of time.

The bigger question is how far below 12.5 PSI the balls were. The biggest question is whether the league office would act simply on anecdotal evidence without a broader opportunity to test all footballs at the time. Given that the NFL currently has a super-secret PSI spot-check program aimed at ensuring that no one is cheating, common sense and fairness suggests that a team-implemented effort to catch an opponent will get no traction.

Meanwhile, the mere existence of the issue raises questions about the current relationship between the Giants and the Steelers. Long connected at the ownership level, by virtue of a strong relationship between team founders Tim Mara and Art Rooney Sr. and the marriage of Mara’s grandson, Chris, to Rooney’s granddaughter, Kathleen (who owns 10 Super Bowl rings), it’s odd to see the Maras and Rooneys at odds, in any way.

That said, there’s a sense in league circles that John Mara and Art Rooney II aren’t as close as other respective family members are and have been. Whatever the level of kinship between the duo, the Giants have applied a heaping helping of stress to it.

Big deal, stress. Nothing will be done because both the precious Giants and Steelers are insulated against witch hunts.

In another generation, people will look back and say, "The GOAT was suspended four games for <i>what</i>? With NO evidence? They were dumb at the turn of the century, weren't they?"

Though I do like one team snitching on the other and getting no action. Snitches with malicious intent <i>should</i> end up looking like the little weasels they are (Ravens and Colts).

Big deal, stress. Nothing will be done because both the precious Giants and Steelers are insulated against witch hunts.

In another generation, people will look back and say, "The GOAT was suspended four games for <i>what</i>? With NO evidence? They were dumb at the turn of the century, weren't they?"

Though I do like one team snitching on the other and getting no action. Snitches with malicious intent <i>should</i> end up looking like the little weasels they are (Ravens and Colts).

No kidding. The Rooney/Mara legacy exemption.

Hey, Rooney Mara. I like that.

Cheers

Merging threads and edit thread title to be a bit more descriptive.

I don't care if anything actually happens to the Steelers.

I just want the NFL to be shown as the hypocritical jackasses that they are. In other words, this had better be all over my TV.

Hmm, another case of deflated balls in a cold weather game. Is it at all possible that the ideal gas law does in fact exist, which has been scientifically proven?

I don't care if anything actually happens to the Steelers.

I just want the NFL to be shown as the hypocritical jackasses that they are. In other words, this had better be all over my TV.
Prediction: the only way it will be all over your tv is if you print out articles about it and tape them on it.

Zero Integrity clowns like Bill Nye, Neil DeGrasse Tyson (this bozo was wrong twice), Jim Kelly, and Joe Montana have yet to apologize to the Patriots and Brady for their part in the witch hunt. Who cares about integrity anyway?

Montana and Sticky Rice ruined their legacy while admitting to a vast cheating ring in place with DeBartolo and Co. in an effort to pretend that Brady had to be a cheater since Jerry and Joe had no integrity.

Now we have the Jets Spygate 2010 and the Steelers Deflategate 2016. I am sure the Steelers will be treated like the repeat offenders that they are (see the coach steeping on the field to redirect a returner during a national game) /sarcasm font/

Zero Integrity clowns like Bill Nye, Neil DeGrasse Tyson (this bozo was wrong twice), Jim Kelly, and Joe Montana have yet to apologize to the Patriots and Brady for their part in the witch hunt. Who cares about integrity anyway?

Montana and Sticky Rice ruined their legacy while admitting to a vast cheating ring in place with DeBartolo and Co. in an effort to pretend that Brady had to be a cheater since Jerry and Joe had no integrity.

Now we have the Jets Spygate 2010 and the Steelers Deflategate 2016. I am sure the Steelers will be treated like the repeat offenders that they are (see the coach steeping on the field to redirect a returner during a national game) /sarcasm font/

You left off Joey Porter coming on to the field last year.

Mike Florio just mentioned the Giants snitching on the Steelers on NBC's pregame show and said. "I don't expect anything to come of it." The whole topic was quickly dropped.

WHY won't anything come of it, hmm, Mike? Could it be that the NFL doesn't care about deflated balls? The heck you say!

I want Ted Wells on this ASAP! And Rottenburger suspended for the playoffs! C'mon, INTEGRITY!!!

Back