Omg flood!!!

Brady's Bunch

Let me get right on that with thinking
Reaction score
RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I didnt think I was goign to make it home from work today. The flooding is ridiculous.

yeah I'm sure the same people that flooded out last time are again it sucks for them big time

Lets be thankful all this rain is happening now.....and pray it doesn't happen during the summer like last year.

In Cumberland, RI where I live we've had one road "collapse" from the flooding which happened to be in front of one of the schools, and a friend of mine who lives in subsidized housing of elderly and people with disabilities called me a few minutes ago and said the building is close to being flooded out, one of the fire exits is already blocked and they are throwing everyone out. He can crash here but I bet a lot of the old people don't have a good place to go.

Lots of other flooding in RI and I'm sure all over MA as well.

Would someone please explain something to me? So now I hear the President has declared Massachusetts a disaster area, enabling funds to be disbursed. How does this help me? I've already racked up five grand in cleanup bills, with more on the way, and then I'll have to have another company come in and figure out how to fix wherever it's coming in from, either excavating to fix cracks in foundation walls or putting in a French drain or whatever, sure to cost a minimum of another ten grand.

So tell me how the emergency funds are going to help me? Because right now, I'm the only one I care about.

Would someone please explain something to me? So now I hear the President has declared Massachusetts a disaster area, enabling funds to be disbursed. How does this help me? I've already racked up five grand in cleanup bills, with more on the way, and then I'll have to have another company come in and figure out how to fix wherever it's coming in from, either excavating to fix cracks in foundation walls or putting in a French drain or whatever, sure to cost a minimum of another ten grand.

So tell me how the emergency funds are going to help me? Because right now, I'm the only one I care about.

Swampscott —

The head of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency today announced that federal disaster aid has been made available for the commonwealth of Massachusetts to supplement state and local recovery efforts in the area struck by severe storms and flooding beginning on March 12, 2010, and continuing.

The president's action makes federal funding available to affected individuals in Bristol, Essex, Middlesex, Norfolk, Plymouth, Suffolk and Worcester counties.

Assistance can include grants for temporary housing and home repairs, low-cost loans to cover uninsured property losses, and other programs to help individuals and business owners recover from the effects of the disaster.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/swampsco...dent-declares-major-disaster-in-Massachusetts

Swampscott —

The head of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency today announced that federal disaster aid has been made available for the commonwealth of Massachusetts to supplement state and local recovery efforts in the area struck by severe storms and flooding beginning on March 12, 2010, and continuing.

The president's action makes federal funding available to affected individuals in Bristol, Essex, Middlesex, Norfolk, Plymouth, Suffolk and Worcester counties.

Assistance can include grants for temporary housing and home repairs, low-cost loans to cover uninsured property losses, and other programs to help individuals and business owners recover from the effects of the disaster.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/swampsco...dent-declares-major-disaster-in-Massachusetts

Thank you very much. I appreciate the lead.

Thank you very much. I appreciate the lead.

My pleasure if it were me I would get the MEMA number and call them and get the skinny on what you can or can't get. Online is cumbersome

We just got an email from the building people saying that they might be sending us home. The water on the street that leads to my building is already at 7 inches. Luckily I parked in the other higher parking lot. The pond levels are getting really close to the top though and that is their concern. I am kinda waiting to see if the 2 big ponds are gonna merge. That would be interesting.

We just got an email from the building people saying that they might be sending us home. The water on the street that leads to my building is already at 7 inches. Luckily I parked in the other higher parking lot. The pond levels are getting really close to the top though and that is their concern. I am kinda waiting to see if the 2 big ponds are gonna merge. That would be interesting.

I'll meet you at the bar. :)

will the Whale Float up from the bottom of the pond????

woah which ponds merge the 401 and the other with the tree in it?

rte 24 in Fall river closed, wifiemo will be at her court hearing in about 15 minutes to fight a ticket...if the cop is called to duty and doesn't show, does she win?

woah which ponds merge the 401 and the other with the tree in it?

No 401 is pretty high but the 301 and 501 ones were close to the top last time. This morning was close again. I am sure it would never get that high but it's interesting to drive with the water that high next to you. The area where the mailboxes are has flooded over. 301's parking lot, 2 different spots have made their own ponds LOL I am pretty sure the back road at this point has over flowed. Last night going home it was right to the street. That was another pond that just formed from the rain.

wow this is getting ridiculous can't wait for Thursday and Friday

rte 24 in Fall river closed, wifiemo will be at her court hearing in about 15 minutes to fight a ticket...if the cop is called to duty and doesn't show, does she win?

'Round these parts the answer is yes unless it's something too obvious for words. Like lack of insurance etc.

Back