On to Washington!

bishbash

Tall Earthquake Finders roam the desert
Reaction score
Scary Cousins!:eek:
MoJo!!! (Alfred Morris & Matt Jones):eek:
Name-calling Nickname!:eek:
They're #6! They're #6! (in defense yards/game and in offense making 3rd downs):eek:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/11/bil...ousins-quotes-patriots-redskins-sunday-spread

We all know Washington Redskins coach Jay Gruden loves Kirk Cousins — that’s why he hung Robert Griffin III out to dry and installed him at scout-team safety in favor of the former Michigan State star. But Cousins has another fan in the NFL coaching ranks, one who’s notoriously difficult to please and offers little praise to even his own stars: Bill Belichick.
Here’s what ol’ Billy l had to say about Cousins ahead of Sunday’s Redskins-Patriots game (via The Boston Globe):
“He does a lot of things well, seems like a really smart guy. He runs the offense well. They had some check plays and things like that, he does a good job there. He’s pretty athletic. Even though he hasn’t run a lot, but he moves around quite a bit. They run bootlegs, moving pocket plays, things like that, so he definitely has the quickness to create a little bit of extra time to throw.”

Wow. That’s tremendous praise from the greatest football mind of our generation. He says Cousins is smart, effective, athletic and quick. That’s a lot of positive adjectives about Kirk Cousins. My mom doesn’t even love Kirk Cousins that much.

I mean, that’s a quote you could practically substitute into Belichick’s public thoughts on Brady. Though he’s frequently effusive with his praise on the Pats’ future Hall of Famer, sometimes his comments are more mundane than his apparent respect for Cousins. Here’s Belichick on Brady in 2013:​
“He does a good job reading the coverages and throws the ball very accurately and gives the receivers a chance to make the play and we made enough of them. That’s what he does. That’s what he gets paid for. That’s why he’s so good. He does a good job of throwing the ball accurately and making good decisions and he made several of them on that drive.”

And now on Cousins on Monday:​
“He does a good job at finding and using all his receivers. Running backs, tight ends, and multiple wideouts — they play a lot of people in the passing game. He definitely spreads it around. He’s done a good job at controlling the clock and making key passes to keep drives going.”

I can only assume this love-fest between Belichick and Cousins means one thing: Belichick assumes his Pats will pick Cousins four times en route to a 56-3 victory.

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/redsk...ots-motivation-tom-brady?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

The defending champion Patriots are favored by 14 points over the Redskins on Sunday.

Tom Brady and Co. are 7-0 this season and have lost only twice in their last 22 games. And, oh yeah, the defense ranks among the top-10 in points allowed.

Redskins Coach Jay Gruden is well aware of all that—and he’s hoping his players are taking the predictions of a lopsided loss personally.
“On paper, it looks like [a mismatch], but that’s motivation for us, obviously,” Gruden said after Monday’s practice. “Really, anytime you have a chance to play a football game on Sunday in Foxborough, you’ve got to be ready to play, mentally and physically obviously. Their record with Tom Brady starting at Foxborough is 76-15 or something outrageous like that.”

Brady’s record at home is actually a little better than that. In fact, it’s 94-15, according to ProFooballReference.com. Either way, Brady, Bill Belichick and the Pats present the Redskins’ biggest challenge to date. And it’s not really close.

“We know what’s at stake,” Gruden said.

A lot is at stake, indeed. Although the Redskins had their bye on Sunday, they still managed to make up ground in the NFC East when the Giants lost to the Saints. Heading into Foxborough, they’re just a half-game out of first place in the decidedly mediocre division.

The Patriots, on the other hand, also will be coming off an extended break. They crushed the Dolphins, 36-7, on Thursday Night Football last week. In that game, Brady tossed four touchdowns and now sits tied with Arizona’s Carson Palmer for the league lead (20). Brady has also thrown just one interception, the fewest among full-time starters, as the Patriots' offense has soared to the top of the NFL in points per game (35.6).

“We know how good they are, how well-coached they are, how well-prepared they are,” Gruden said. “We just have to be as prepared as they are and play harder and make some things happen [and] protect the football.”

“They put on their pants just like we do,” he added. “We’re going to go out there and compete our butts off and play.”

After Monday’s brief workout, the Redskins’ players will take Tuesday off before returning Wednesday to begin installing the game plan for New England.

“It has got to be our best week of preparation, no question,” Gruden said. “Hands down it has got to be our best week of preparation, physically and mentally.”

BB takes away what the opposition does well.

What's he take away?

This is a good question. I watch the 'Skins every week and can't figure this out. Reed and Garcon are really good in the short-intermediate passing game. They do have the ability to run the ball as well. My thing with the Redskins is that they seem to go through stretches where they really don't seem to know what they want to do on offense and gravitate back and forth. There is a LOT of talent on this team, enough that I think a coach like BB could probably win 11-12 games with these guys. When Cousins plays with confidence and is driving the ball he can look impressive. He reminds me a lot of Derek Carr. To use the term Muse uses about Carolina, the Redskins are my little boys.

...all of that being said I will be truly shocked if the pats win this game by fewer than 4 TDs...

Did young Gruden really roll out ol' "They put their pants on... " chestnut? ROFL ROFL ROFL

Cheers, BostonTim

Very quiet troll free week. My Best friend a redskins fan. He says gruden sucks he don't know why RG3 not playing .

I guess the Redskins fans aren't assholes. Maybe they have too much woes to come in here and trash talk. I wanted at least one

Very quiet troll free week. My Best friend a redskins fan. He says gruden sucks he don't know why RG3 not playing .

I watch the 'Skins every week. I agree whole heartedly about Gruden, but as far as why RGIII isn't playing...Cousins > RGIII.

I guess the Redskins fans aren't assholes. Maybe they have too much woes to come in here and trash talk. I wanted at least one

That's not how they roll. One the classiest and most knowledgeable fan bases in the league. The difference between them and Ravens fans is night and day.

Back