Open Letter to Harrison37

RoadGrader

Pervertas Emeritus
Reaction score
Dear Harrison37,

You don't know me but I became aware of you on PatsFans.com a few years ago when I became a member there (Broomer).

I remember that you were posting from your being stationed in Iraq and that you would be absent from the forum for many days/weeks at a time because of your assignment.

I remember that when you were able to log on and post you were so happy to be able exchange info, get game DVDs and comments about the Patriots for even the brief times you were allowed.

I also remember that when you became absent again many members posted their concern for your safety many times.

I was therefore angered and saddened to learn of late that your service -- your sacrifice -- was publicly castigated on that site by that maggot posing as a man who is blinded by politics and lacking in common courtesy and social decency to visit his political hatred for others on you instead.

That you have chosen to join this forum is welcomed and understandable under the circumstances but I would note that you still have many friends there that would miss if you chose not to post there again.

As for us here, now knowing that you are due to return to Iraq soon, please keep in touch to talk Patriots or whatever you wish as you see fit if doing so will allow you to Be Home even when you are so far away.

Stay safe and thank you for your service.

All my best,

RG

I'll join you in that welcome to Harrison 37. And as one vet of a combat zone to another, thank you for your service.:thumb:

I won't comment further about the creep who insults our troops.

:4321:

The Big Lebowski on 01-02-2007 at 10:52 AM said:
And if, by chance, Harrison37 misses any games in 2007, this is one planeteer that would willingly burn and mail you DVD's of those games.
Damn but I love technology! I just wish it didn't reject me so often. :(

H37, after you get underway we'll have to implore UT to sticky a thread where you can periodically post a wish list of things for you and your troopers - phone cards, teddy bears, magazines with modestly dressed maidens, etc. I know nephew #1 wasn't begging for wet wipes on his second go round, the evil skinny rat still wanted slim jims by the case load though.

Please post a link so I can see who this maggot is. Thanks.

Box_O_Rocks on 01-02-2007 at 10:06 AM said:
Damn but I love technology! I just wish it didn't reject me so often. :(

H37, after you get underway we'll have to implore UT to sticky a thread where you can periodically post a wish list of things for you and your troopers - phone cards, teddy bears, magazines with modestly dressed maidens, etc. I know nephew #1 wasn't begging for wet wipes on his second go round, the evil skinny rat still wanted slim jims by the case load though.

That's a great idea!

Annihilus is another that can make you dvd's etc., but a thread requesting other stuff would be welcome too if you run across some crap that you either run out of or find yourself needing.

Just let us know!

Harrison37,

I just wanted to say thanks for your service to our country.

:toast:

Ditto to what everyone else said up there. (except the burning any game as I'm back in the South and don't get them all now :))

This thread reminds me that we haven't heard from another Planeteer, Buckwild, who also has multiple deployments on his resume. Last time he posted was September. Hopefully all is well.

I also like the thread idea for home comfort requests. It would be interesting to see what items we take for granted that are treasured by servicemen/women. As part of the thread, a way to get those items to those who request then would be appreciated.

Box_O_Rocks on 01-02-2007 at 11:12 AM said:
Allow me to introduce you to the maggot in question: :NEM:

Now that you know I'll bet you aren't surprised!

I'm pretty liberal, and I don't think we should be over there any more, and I think Bush should be impeached, yada yada yada. But you do NOT diss a soldier, trying to do his job, putting his life on the line so YOU can sit on your comfortable fat ass and enjoy the freedom to worship who you want, live how you want, even say what you want--perversely, the very freedom that gives scumbags the ability to post on the Internet.

Hey, NEMnuts... If the Pats make the playoffs, I have a great seat for you to watch the Super Bowl from:

Wow, RG- I don't know what to say...thanks a lot. I really appreciate this. Thanks to all of you. I really mean that...and I wasn't hoping for attention or anything.

I'm past what happened on PatsFans.com, but what NEM said to me was hurtful at the time...sometimes you just wish people would get past the condescending and nasty remarks if they have an issue with the war and simply be a good person and take the high road, regardless of how they feel about the President. Anyway- I now realize that NEM has serious problems that go beyond basic human decency. One person over there (not NEM) even had the gall to tell me that he knew more about the Iraq situation than I did- sitting home in sunny California and getting to watch the Pats- and that Iraq was "improving" in its treatment of people had Saddam been left alone. It boggled my mind how some folks let their ideologies overcome common decency and respect.

I'm done with him. I left the political forum there forever, but still post on occasion in the main board.

But it means a lot that you took the time to write that and I've gotten a lot of support from a lot of folks on that forum over the years, particularly Stan J. and Marty F. and Pats DVD who all went above and beyond- sending me care packages and Pats videos, clippings, magazines, etc.

I've found that Patriot Nation is a wonderful group of people...sometimes I take it personally when a pompous windbag like NEM takes it upon himself to represent "us" in such reprehensible fashion. But- there's nothing I can do about that.

Thanks for the support- from the bottom of my heart. This place is great- if not for NEM's BS and rantings against it, I would have not known it was here. So I guess I'm thankful for him being him for once...ROFL

Kirk

Harrison37 on 01-02-2007 at 11:42 AM said:
Wow, RG- I don't know what to say...thanks a lot. I really appreciate this.
well Harrison37, strange as it may seem (to some) I had a bit too much drink over the past <strike>20+ years or so</strike> 48 hrs and swore I saw a post from you on PF over the past few days that made mention of your having been subjected to scummery (for your service).

I could not locate that post any longer this AM (it could be a remaining data base prob there) and decided to make known your circumstances in case members here miss your mention in Warren94's thread.

I felt it was the least I could do after I sobered up. :party:

RoadGrader on 01-02-2007 at 12:03 PM said:
I could not locate that post any longer this AM (it could be a remaining data base prob there) and decided to make known your circumstances in case members here miss your mention in Warren94's thread.

Maybe NEM's a hacker, too, LOL.

JD10367 on 01-02-2007 at 11:04 AM said:
Maybe NEM's a hacker, too, LOL.

That, or Ian realized something like that might lead to total meltdown and....ummm...... clarified it.

I'm sorry to even hear about this BS.

NEM needs to spend a few days at the Hanoi Hilton. There is no intelligent discussion with someone who refuses to even consider understanding other people's points. Understanding them doesn't mean you agree with them, but he can't get past that psychological impasse.

RoadGrader on 01-02-2007 at 12:03 PM said:
well Harrison37, strange as it may seem (to some) I had a bit too much drink over the past <strike>20+ years or so</strike> 48 hrs and swore I saw a post from you on PF over the past few days that made mention of your having been subjected to scummery (for your service).

I felt it was the least I could do after I sobered up. :party:

It was on the "Who or Why Has NEM been locked out" thread, where F.B.N. was demanding to know why NEM (who had of course IM'd him) wasn't being allowed to access the PF.com football forum. That thread was deleted sometime yesterday morning and is gone.

Anyway- I couldn't hold my peace any longer with the sob story that was being created on NEM's behalf about how blameless and innocent he was and being viciously attacked and whatnot.

I found it interesting that nobody seemed too bothered about his nasty diatribe against me because I wasn't criticizing the war. It was over the top IMO- wasn't looking to win him over to my POV, but just wanted a little respect and to get the facts out on what we were doing. Instead, I was essentially accused of "spinning" the facts because I was a brainwashed tool of the Republican Party.

Oh, well. It's done.

Based on the influx of high quality posters from Patsfans over the last few weeks I'd say more and more folks are voting with their feet on the old NEMorendum.

Well H37 welcome aboard, and thanks for doing the job that not everyone is willing or able to do.

Harrison37....Thank You and all the other Troops for what you do for us everyday........Without you, our way of life would be impossible.

Back