Adam strikes me as someone who missed their era.

He very easily coulda been a frontman for Cinderella, or some other '80's hair metal band when he goes for that high scream/screech as he so ften does in each of his renditions.
yes that is it, thank you

he will cause the return of the hair band

Adam strikes me as someone who missed their era.

He very easily coulda been a frontman for Cinderella, or some other '80's hair metal band when he goes for that high scream/screech as he so ften does in each of his renditions.

He'd be equally relevant doing his falsetto in place of Frankie Vali, Roy Orbison and Del Shannon in the 50's or as Plant in Zep in the late 60's, Mercury and Taylor in Queen in the 70's or Jeff Lynne of ELO in the 70's, or the Ah-ha guy from the 80's or you could easily stick him in with the guys from the Temptations, the Four Seasons or Earth, Wind and Fire in the Motown days.

He'd be equally relevant doing his falsetto in place of Frankie Vali, Roy Orbison and Del Shannon in the 50's or as Plant in Zep in the late 60's, Mercury and Taylor in Queen in the 70's or Jeff Lynne of ELO in the 70's, or the Ah-ha guy from the 80's or you could easily stick him in with the guys from the Temptations, the Four Seasons or Earth, Wind and Fire in the Motown days.

Ah, he's an Idol contestant.

Let's keep things in perspective.

You've mentioned some of the ALL-TIME GREATS!

Ah, he's an Idol contestant.

Let's keep things in perspective.

You've mentioned some of the ALL-TIME GREATS!
I mentioned them only to point out that the Adam dude's falsetto would be pertinent not just as a "hair band singer in the 80's" as was mentioned previously, but also in any of the aforementioned groups from the 50's and up. He could sing any of this stuff and be in proper company.

I mentioned them only to point out that the Adam dude's falsetto would be pertinent not just as a "hair band singer in the 80's" as was mentioned previously, but also in any of the aforementioned groups from the 50's and up. He could sing any of this stuff and be in proper company.

We'll find out.

They usually put them thru quite a variety of genres/artists, so we'll see if your faith in him holds true.

Real talent can sing most genres so we will see who can handle the different styles the best. No predications from me yet. And remember Jennifer Hudson? She got kicked off early and look at her now! A Golden Globe and an Oscar! <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dxfpCHUZIHY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dxfpCHUZIHY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Egads. I wish this contest was Gladiator-style, and we got to see the dude with the asymmetrical hair executed live on national television for what he did to the Johnny Cash song.

Crimes against humanity. :banghead:

OK before tonight I loved adam..now i hate him with an unbearable passion, WTF WAS THAT? He destroyed that song.

He completely butchered that song. Even Randy Travis did not like it in the Video clip.

That was beyond awful what Adam did and there are no words for those looks he gives the cameras or so many other things about him. CREEPY.

But there was some really good singing tonight..Anoop surprised me and even though Danny did look silly in the jacket and not hit every note as usual he was good. Kris and Matt too! Alison is amazing but Paula is right she needs to show a more melodic side.

As sweet as the blind dude is his voice isn't that good though I would like to hear some of his originals.

Lil Rounds is terrible and the other chicas forgetable even accounting for the flu. SHe sure looked amazing though fo rhaving the flu!

Doesn't someone usually do one of the "mentors" songs? No one chose Randy. Or is that not common?

Overall is was a forgettable night. Country week usually is.

Blind guy needs to go. He's just not that good.

Yes, Adam picked a terrible rendition of that song. But he's not going anywhere. Even if he's the lowest vote getter, the judges would use their save on him. I still look forward to hearing him sing. What can I say, I'm one of the oddballs that actually enjoys listening to a great voice :shrug:

Sarver should go for picking an idioitic song. Simon was channeling my thoughts, I had no idea what he was singing. My guess is that the last girl, the one with the pink highlights, will be the one to go. If you're performing near the end, you don't want to mess it up. "Jolene" has been done to death and there was nothing good about it.

I'm sure that some that somewhere out there in alternative land there was somebody that hated what Johnny Cash did to NIN's "Hurt" and "Personal Jesus" by (?), both of which bore little resemblance to the originals, but which I thought were great interpretations.

Fresh on the heels of trying to pimp Jay Cutler as a good QB, I'm a little reluctant to say that Adam's version of "Ring of Fire" was good, but I thought it was interesting, risky and very edgy. It was a ballsy move to even try it.

Overall, just a terrible night on Idol where butchery and bad song choices seemed to be the order of the night and Paula and Simon had a big argument and then made up when Paula seemed to be licking the hair on his forearms for some reason.

Last night was a train wreck.

I'm sure that some that somewhere out there in alternative land there was somebody that hated what Johnny Cash did to NIN's "Hurt" and "Personal Jesus" by (?), both of which bore little resemblance to the originals, but which I thought were great interpretations.

Fresh on the heels of trying to pimp Jay Cutler as a good QB, I'm a little reluctant to say that Adam's version of "Ring of Fire" was good, but I thought it was interesting, risky and very edgy. It was a ballsy move to even try it.

Overall, just a terrible night on Idol where butchery and bad song choices seemed to be the order of the night and Paula and Simon had a big argument and then made up when Paula seemed to be licking the hair on his forearms for some reason.

Last night was a train wreck.
Hawg, I have to completely and totally disagree with you. Johnny brought depth and raw emotion to NIN's "Hurt." What Adam did was pose like the cliche that he is, completely disembowel a classic song, and appear arrogant, self-indulgent, and obnoxious. And he needs to quit with the Elvis look because he isn't Elvis and couldn't rise to Elvis' ankle. I can't even watch him.

I liked Alexis and thought she chose a great song, as Jolene is one of my favorites. The judges are coming down hard on her, and I can't figure out why because I think she has one of the better voices.

Not one of my favorite years.

Yes, last night was a train wreck. The only one who even came close was Anoop and until last night, I wasn't that crazy about him. To me, not one came anywhere close to singing Country Music. But then, as stated earlier, Country week is never very good. A lot of the contestants have GREAT voices but Country music is not their genre. What is next week? ( Note: Not my favorite year either, PFL.)

Back