OT: BF80's I don't know if Beer is the Problem, but it isn't Helping Thread

Brownfan80

Dad of 7, still love the Pats!
Reaction score
Good mornin' Planet.

Just checking back in.

I have made some strides here in the past few days and wanted to let you guys know what was up.

I joined AA.

I don't know if the drinking is the source or the symptom, but either way it isn't helping, so I am actually giving this a shot to investigate what is going on with me. I figure it'll help whether the problem is the alcohol, or some other deeper rooted problem.

I still haven't decided fully if I am heading back home, I'm waiting to see how I feel and what I think once I get some help for some of my issues.

I am trucking away here at work today and feeling more positive than I have in a long time.

My situation hasn't changed, but maybe I have started to change myself. I don't know, but either way today feels pretty good, and that's progress.

Happy Monday, bitches.

:toast:

Beer, guns, cars, knives, bats are never the problem

Beer, guns, cars, knives, bats are never the problem

For you. ;)

Each person is different. My brother and sister both lived in the same situation, but neither of them drink 20 beers in a sitting nearly everytime they drink.

I do.

Is it because of my other issues, or because I am 'allergic to alcohol' as they say in AA?

I don't know yet. But one day I will, and this process will help me find that answer.

Sounds like you're heading in the right direction, good luck..

Best of luck buddy, you are making that important step, good for you

:clap:

Good for you!

I wish you all the best, and you know the Planet is here for you.

Stay inspired!

Is it because of my other issues, or because I am 'allergic to alcohol' as they say in AA?

I don't know yet. But one day I will, and this process will help me find that answer.
well look at it as an investment into your well being...even if you find that Alcohol isn't the issue it will allow you to look within and see why the decisions you make are such. only this time you mind will not be clouded.

best of luck and maybe you should throw yourself into some new Music. This in only a suggestion but may be the easiest way you have to express yourself and reflect within by writing it out.

I don't know if beer is the problem either, but I'm quite sure that it is making it harder to see what the problem might actually be.

Bon Chance!

Good luck with it, BF.

Jeez. 20 beers? I'm pretty sure that constitutes a problem... if not alcoholism, it certainly ain't healthy for ya!

I'm so happy I pretty much quit drinking at 21. It's SO lowered my abilities. Oh, the cheapness for a thrill now; half a glass of cheap draft Michelob at Pizzeria Uno's, and I'm buzzing. :thumb:

Good to see you're making strides. Usually that first one is the toughest, the rest get a bit easier each time.

I don't know if you checked back in on that script question thread, but I did find a good sig for you if wanted to use it. Looks like this:

<embed src="http://www.seekcodes.com/Flash/countup/Sober.swf" menu="false" flashvars="d=25&m=02&y=2009" quality="best" scale="noscale" bgcolor="#ffffff" wmode="transparent" width="210" height="180" name="SeekCodes.com" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Here's the code (based on the 3/25 date, you can change the variable in there if needed):

PHP:
<embed src="http://www.seekcodes.com/Flash/countup/Sober.swf" menu="false" flashvars="d=25&m=2&y=2009" quality="best" scale="noscale" bgcolor="#ffffff" wmode="transparent" width="210" height="180" name="SeekCodes.com" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Btw. His coding had January = 0, so March is month 2.

I've had one brother literally come back from the brink of death after 30+ years of hard drinking. He has been clean for over 5 years now and is doing great. You're definitely not alone.

Whether the alcohol is the cause or symptom, one things for certain is that nothing will get solved until alcohol is out of the equation. As JD posted, 20 beers in one sitting is far from the norm and is at minimum a problem.

Best of luck BF80. Make sure to lean on the people you meet at those meetings. You're all in it together.

Good luck, my friend. (looking for a good smiley here, but the two faces clinking glasses seems inappropriate somehow :) )

Having come from a long line of alcoholics, including nearly every single relative on my father's side (including my old man), I have seen both the destructive side and how difficult it is to free yourself from its grip. I spent a few teenage years in Alanon myself.

I'll send you a pm with some thoughts on this matter. Certainly let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Way to take a step in the right direction for yourself! Not only is it help with the booze, but it's also therapy. Sometimes we all need someone to talk to that has been through the rough patch you are having yourself.

Best wishes, brohan wuv

Good luck man. You'll be a better person for doing this.

And some words of advice. Make sure that when you go to meetings, you don't get confused and go to AAA on mistake.

Because they WILL look at you strangely when you start to give them your testimonial.

Good luck man. You'll be a better person for doing this.

And some words of advice. Make sure that when you go to meetings, you don't get confused and go to AAA on mistake.

Because they WILL look at you strangely when you start to give them your testimonial.

But dude, free maps!!!

Back