OT: Gas Drop

"Down to" $2.79 in NorCal from a high of ~ $4.59 for regular unleaded. We are always the highest in the country, or contiguous 48 anyway. Anybody up in Palin country, or, remember her?

Paid $1.99 last night in Richardson, Texas.

gas price party is over

Today I filled up for $1.98 a gallon. My day has been made. Are the prices that low where you're at?

sorry to be a downer, but don't get used to it. Gas going back up, thanks to our wonderful government.

trust me, i don't want this, as i drive an Escalade - but unfortunately this is what is going to happen - enjoy it why you can.

$2.35 in my neck of CT. $2.65 in other parts of the state I frequent.

I'm right there with you...

On topic, it was $2.29 yesterday when I drove by the station I frequent, didn't make it by there today so I'm not sure if it's dropped, but it tends to drop a cent or 2 every day it seems

Down here in RI it's around $2.17-2.19 at the cheaper places.

Feels good to put 3/4s of a tank in my car and "only" pay $16.

Soon we'll have our gas-sipping go-kart (smart car) which should get around 32-36 city and 40+ highway... so we'll be ready for when gas goes back up. :)

today I paid 2.99 a gallon for diesel.....lifes good..:toast:

Down here in RI it's around $2.17-2.19 at the cheaper places.

Feels good to put 3/4s of a tank in my car and "only" pay $16.

Soon we'll have our gas-sipping go-kart (smart car) which should get around 32-36 city and 40+ highway... so we'll be ready for when gas goes back up. :)
I bought a Yaris in Jan and I am absolutely ecstatic. It has a 11.1 gal tank and when the prices were at there peak i was paying $44 a tank full,but at least that lasted me the week at 35 to 40 mpg. The other day I payed $26 to fill it and hoping it stays this way for a while. Most people who own cars can afford the high gas prices,but it still friggen sucked,but what worried me the most is the retired and elderly who are facing ridiculous heating prices. Ive never been a fan of corporations controlling our resources. there is just not enough competition and these greedy S.O.B's work in conjunction to screw the average american consumer.blowup

and your deisel gets so much better MPG than my gas truck so teh prices of fuel is comparable - mines just a little bit quieter
Diesel cost less to make. I sense a corruption issue. Real shocker huh.

Yesterday morning I paid $2.16 at Exit 29 on I-64.

Yesterday afternoon I paid $1.93 at Exit 95 on I-65.

We all need to make a concerted effort to drive less and buy vehicles that have better MPG. This will keep driving demand down and so will the prices. We should be paying $1.50 gal and anything over $1.90 is greed IMO. We need our heating oil back to .99 a gal and this in time will allow consumers to start buying more products in our malls,stores and so forth. This will help boost jobs and the economy.

The main reason our economy is in the dumper is Energy cost once we get those back down to where there should be the economy will rebound. Until that happens expect loss of jobs and continued house deprecations and so forth.

We all need to make a concerted effort to drive less and buy vehicles that have better MPG. This will keep driving demand down and so will the prices. We should be paying $1.50 gal and anything over $1.90 is greed IMO. We need our heating oil back to .99 a gal and this in time will allow consumers to start buying more products in our malls,stores and so forth. This will help boost jobs and the economy.

We''ll never be down to 1.50 a gallon here - the state taxes on gas keeps going up, and the stupid voters just voted for ANOTHER gas tax increase. :banghead:

Back