OT: has anyone ever switched to Verizon Internet and TV?

thomas144

Bandwagon Fan
Reaction score
Website
www.mudelephant.com
I'm just wondering if anyone has switched to Verizon service, how exactly did you manage to make that happen? Their website doesn't seem to have a number I can call to talk to a person, and I can't seem to "log-in" because I'm a Verizon phone customer but they think my phone number is already in use by another on-line account...

I really wanted to talk to a human because I'm confused by all the different options. Does anyone know if they still have human sales reps or is everything only done online?

I'm just wondering if anyone has switched to Verizon service, how exactly did you manage to make that happen? Their website doesn't seem to have a number I can call to talk to a person, and I can't seem to "log-in" because I'm a Verizon phone customer but they think my phone number is already in use by another on-line account...

I really wanted to talk to a human because I'm confused by all the different options. Does anyone know if they still have human sales reps or is everything only done online?
door to door cute chick sales pitch

the Fios is so much better than the comcast, my issue is learning all the new channel numbers

also if you are into town TV, make sure it is an option

I am pretttty sure that's what my brother does over the phone. So if you give me your name and address and number Verizon will be calling you quickly. Just a suggestion

I'm dying for Fios to come to my town, but there is no time table. I'm stuck with stupid Charter.

I'm dying for Fios to come to my town, but there is no time table. I'm stuck with stupid Charter.

I was "waiting" for it to come to my town, then I found out from my neighbor (who works for Verizon) that they are not going to be coming....
He said that they are not going to expand into more "rural" areas. I don't consider southern NH rural, but with the houses a couple hundred feet apart, he said Verizon decided it wasn't worth the expense to pull fiber up the street. In fact, my home phone service is being sold off by verizon to some company I never heard of.

I've heard FIOS is the balls from those that have it.

I would recommend fios (FY-OSE) if it's available in your area. Outside of that, there's DSL which can run right through your phone line. For ordering info and info about what's available where you live, you can contact Verizon's residential office at 800-870-9999... Give them a call and they can discuss options for internet delivery...

I was "waiting" for it to come to my town, then I found out from my neighbor (who works for Verizon) that they are not going to be coming....
He said that they are not going to expand into more "rural" areas. I don't consider southern NH rural, but with the houses a couple hundred feet apart, he said Verizon decided it wasn't worth the expense to pull fiber up the street. In fact, my home phone service is being sold off by verizon to some company I never heard of.

I live right outside of Worcester so I don't think I'm too rural, but maybe I am.

Yup. Verizon doesn't want anything to do with ME, NH, VT any more. We get the privilege of Fairpoint Communications

I live right outside of Worcester so I don't think I'm too rural, but maybe I am.

Might not be. Could be some other issue. I know in Salem, MA I think they are trying to get Verizon in but the city has a contract with Comcast??? You Verizon guys probably know more about it than me but I think I get the idea of it. Anyway that is another problem they have to deal with in some places.

Want to but I won't because of the 2 year committment.

I got a one year deal by refusing the two

My only problem is that if I move somewhere where it isn't available (like I may be doing- thinking of moving near my in-laws in East Bumphuck, NC), I'm on the hook.

wow..just went on verizons website to see if its in my area... and they cant find my address.. all the other options are wrong and i tried it a couple of different ways... guess im S.O.L.

A word of caution on the switch. Once you do, it's forever, unless you are willing to pay for a rewire job. Verizon rips out your old wiring that may be needed for a conventional telephone line hook up.
People have gotten very upset about this in other parts of the country.
A story was in the news a few months ago. Consumer complaints...

I am pretttty sure that's what my brother does over the phone. So if you give me your name and address and number Verizon will be calling you quickly. Just a suggestion

I'm pretty sure that's what my brother does too, so go ahead and send me your SSN, bank account numbers, CC numbers, DOB, and all your zombie cash. Thanks in advance.

I would recommend fios (FY-OSE) if it's available in your area. Outside of that, there's DSL which can run right through your phone line. For ordering info and info about what's available where you live, you can contact Verizon's residential office at 800-870-9999... Give them a call and they can discuss options for internet delivery...

Yes I am interested in FIOS everything (it is available on my street).

I called the 800 number you provided, told the sales rep (Sharon) that I had to get the number from a Patriots fan message board because it was no where to be found on verizon.com. I was all set to order an enormous package of TV, internet, and phone when she revealed that they are all out of HD equipment. Anyway, she'll call me when Verizon has more HD equipment.

I couldn't find the story I was looking for. But I did find this:

We Knew FiOS Was Fast, But Why Is It Always Setting People's Homes On Fire?
from the maybe-slow-down-on-the-installs? dept

We've had a few stories now about Verizon FiOS (its fiber optic broadband offering) installs that resulted in fires and damaged properties. While Verizon's PR folks have focused an awful lot of effort on convincing reporters that where there's smoke there isn't necessarily fire, perhaps the company should put a few more resources towards both preventing fires and fixing things up for those whose property was destroyed by install-related fires. Broadband Reports points us to yet another FiOS-related fire (which the reporter at Network World is now calling FiOS: Fire is Our Speciality), where Verizon promised to help the family impacted by paying for their living expenses and reimbursing them for destroyed property. The only problem? That bill came to $58,000, and Verizon only wants to pay $1,800 of it. The family has now decided to take the matter to court. You would think, given the negative publicity over the previous fires, that Verizon would know to pay up and apologize, rather than try to stiff the folks whose house they set on fire.

42 Comments | Leave a Comment..

http://techdirt.com/blog.php?company=verizon

Back