OT: Mamma Mia - Movie Review

No my sis n law was raving about it so she put it on for me and her mom and my mom. It was a nice little nap I have to say LOLOL

You woke up when the credits were rolling. The last movie I did that with was 30 days of night.

Actually, considering none of them (Meryl Streep, Christine Baranski, Julie Walters) are professional singers, I didn't think they did too bad.
Well, i know Meryl can sing a little:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NBWNFobsfVs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NBWNFobsfVs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Cheers, BostonTim

My mom (62) loved everything about the movie and has seen it several times. But what does she know, she's watching some sort of christian revival type of show cause she loves the music. :doh:

I would rather watch a montage of all of Sean William Scott's cameo make-out scenes (seriously, doesn't Stiffler make out with a dude in every frigin movie?) than watch one minute of Mamma Mia.

Actually, considering none of them (Meryl Streep, Christine Baranski, Julie Walters) are professional singers, I didn't think they did too bad.

The scenery was better in the film, for obvious reasons. But the stage version we saw last night had much better singing and dancing, because the people they hire for the stage can actually act AND sing and dance.

And the chicks on stage were hawt, too. :thumb:

I would suspect something like this would come from a guy who owns a Smart Car.

know how i know you're gay? your wife made you watch mamma mia

I saw Mama Mia last year on vacation in New Hampshire - at a small theatre which only had two movies. I dont remember what the other one was, but we had already seen it, so we chose Mama Mia.

I thought it was awful - my daughter and I actually found ourselves laughing at it, not because it was funny, but pathetic. Perhaps a on stage musical would be better, though. The scenery was the only good part - beautifully situated on an island off the coast of Greece.

(Now, Dutchess, I would really like to see!!)

:wave: So did you at least laugh at the ending stage scenes?
yeah the 3 amigettes singing was a bit funny but more so because they are my 3 hippy aunts to a t

my Daughter, who is 7 loved it so I watched it with her.....wifiemo kept kicking me to make sure I was awake and then she fell asleep...so we watched it a second time a couple nights later so she could see the ending

it was better than I expected but then again I expected something far worse than it was

all this said and make fun of it all you want but if My daughter likes it, and will sing along with parts then it is the greatest movie to me because I love hearing her sing

This movie is why every man should help his spouse find a gay boyfriend. :toast:

all this said and make fun of it all you want but if My daughter likes it, and will sing along with parts then it is the greatest movie to me because I love hearing her sing

aww, this is very sweet - true, if my daughter was still little, I'd watch it as many times as she wanted also!!

I was dragged to see this show in Vegas by my wife.

It sucks donkey balls. Unless you're a chick or gay.

I love some musicals "Wicked" RULED but I will never see mama mia. Not on stage and not in the theaters. I cannot STAND ABBA!!

So not al chicks like it.:)

yeah the 3 amigettes singing was a bit funny but more so because they are my 3 hippy aunts to a t
Yeah! I got a laugh out of that....in an odd way. It was so kitchy.

Well hell that's a great reason.

Greece isles is where I honeymooned so it was nice to see again. Looks just like that too. Beautiful!

Mrs Lucky asked me to get the DVD of the movie Mamma Mia. And because of all her help during my injury and all the football I have been watching, I agreed to watch it with her. Here is my review:

:Eason:

The gem takes place on some island, I think in Greece. A young woman is getting married but she does know who her father is. Her mother was quite the slut back in the day. The young woman decide to invite 3 men who she has never met but suspect might be her father ( could have been the entire Greek Army with her slut of a mother) to her wedding.

And guess what, these 3 idiots decide to show up.:rolleyes: Now, this is musical so they completely murder one ABBA song after another( worse than ABBA did themselves). The mother slut has 2 old bag (sorry OBF) friends show up and what a treat it is watching these three sing and dance.

But it gets worse. One of the 3 men is played by Pierce Bronson (Bjornson). In one of the greatest miscast in movie history they actually have this lame bastard singing. It was awful.

I give Mamma Mia a :4321:

Next week she wants me to watch The Dutchess with her.:***:

I hope you got some :hump: for your pain and suffering:coffee:

I hate musicals. It is a musical, right? Lol, I'm assuming it is a musical. I will go with musical. Okay, I really hate musicals. Is it a musical?

I hate musicals. It is a musical, right? Lol, I'm assuming it is a musical. I will go with musical. Okay, I really hate musicals. Is it a musical?

yup.

Back