OT: Official Festivus Airing of Grievances Thread

Try this one on for size.

The girl I was engaged to was US Army. We met a few years before when I was working in Nebraska. We got engaged a few years later when she was deployed to Iraq and paid me a visit on the island. Well, turns out that the following 2 years while we were engaged, she was getting it on with some army buddy even AFTER she got back stateside. And here I was, ready to sacrifice my life here on the island to move to Baltimore to be with her(and cue jaric :) ).

You know, I really don't ask for much in life. A roof over my head, food on the table, a career I like, a car reliable enough to get me to where I need to go and someone for whom to share life's different experiences with. And while I have 4 of those things, that 5th one is like God's little continuous joke on me. It seems that everyone around me gets calls on their cell phones and text messages from their girls. Meanwhile, here I am watching TV with my cat.

Why I haven't purchased a .357 with 1 bullet is beyond me...

My mother died on Christmas Eve (which is also my birthday). I had the worst flu of my life that year but wanted to be at the hospital when she went (we knew she was going to pass). My 2 sons were babies at the time and my ex-husband refused to miss his office party so I could do something as silly as be there when my mother died. He came home an hour after she died, drunk and saying that I couldn't be upset now, I had kids to take care of.

Christmas Day I had to go to the funeral home and make her arrangements and all he did was bitch about Christmas dinner being later than usual. And that was one of his better days.:thumb:

Are you serious dude? Let me tell you something right now that's just fuggen crazy man... Ive been single since Jan 05 and I must say the first year was hard because I was with my ex for 17 years,but now every day goes by I am feeling better about being single. I'm a lot pickier about who I want in a woman. when I date a woman and if I sniff out any BS I drop her like a bad habbit.. I have no tolerance anymore for kiss my ass I am the phucking queen games... A relationship needs to be 50/50 across the board! Life is too short as it is to want to use that .357 round on yourself.

I remember one time a few years ago I was in total dispair and I actually thought about jumping off a bridge,and every day goes by that I'm alive I thank my mom for talking me out of it.. What you need to know when ever there is Bad in life theres good waiting for you around the corner and vice versa. What you need to do is keep a level emotions and allow your brain to think through life more and you will be better served and happier.

Hang in their buddy life is good you just need to say F uck it and have a good time and not worry about searching for Mrs right. These must happen naturally and it will in time and before you know it she walks into your life.. It may take years for this day to come,but it usually does..

Then you do understand.

Of course I do. But I still think it sucks that we all carry baggage and take past transgressions of others out on new people. And I am very guilty of this also.

My mother died on Christmas Eve (which is also my birthday). I had the worst flu of my life that year but wanted to be at the hospital when she went (we knew she was going to pass). My 2 sons were babies at the time and my ex-husband refused to miss his office party so I could do something as silly as be there when my mother died. He came home an hour after she died, drunk and saying that I couldn't be upset now, I had kids to take care of.

Christmas Day I had to go to the funeral home and make her arrangements and all he did was bitch about Christmas dinner being later than usual. And that was one of his better days.:thumb:

Why you didn't purchased a .357 with 1 bullet (and his name on it) is beyond me... :)

Sam Kinison sure was ahead of his time regarding this issue

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0LrGIcpXBhM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0LrGIcpXBhM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Of course I do. But I still think it sucks that we all carry baggage and take past transgressions of others out on new people. And I am very guilty of this also.

It doesn't suck so much when you just sit back and accept that that's the way it is.

It doesn't suck so much when you just sit back and accept that that's the way it is.

Thank you, Walter.

walter_cronkite.jpg

Why you didn't purchased a .357 with 1 bullet (and his name on it) is beyond me... :)

I've done much better than that. Knowing he lives every day in complete and utter misery is good enough for me.:)

I've done much better than that. Knowing he lives every day in complete and utter misery is good enough for me.:)

Yes, but if he lived every day in complete and utter misery, AND walked with a limp and had chronic pain when it rained... bonus! :thumb:

Yes, but if he lived every day in complete and utter misery, AND walked with a limp and had chronic pain when it rained... bonus! :thumb:

Yes, but I did not have to go to jail! I went to the land of I'm thin and hot again. It's a much better place.ROFLROFL

Yes, but I did not have to go to jail! I went to the land of I'm thin and hot again. It's a much better place.ROFLROFL

Never visited there. :( I was thin once, when I was, um, 21, LOL.

Never visited there. :( I was thin once, when I was, um, 21, LOL.

Funny, I went through my early to mid 20s fat and miserable. Left my husband and all the weight just magically fell off.:shrug:

Try this one on for size.

The girl I was engaged to was US Army. We met a few years before when I was working in Nebraska. We got engaged a few years later when she was deployed to Iraq and paid me a visit on the island. Well, turns out that the following 2 years while we were engaged, she was getting it on with some army buddy even AFTER she got back stateside. And here I was, ready to sacrifice my life here on the island to move to Baltimore to be with her(and cue jaric :) ).

You know, I really don't ask for much in life. A roof over my head, food on the table, a career I like, a car reliable enough to get me to where I need to go and someone for whom to share life's different experiences with. And while I have 4 of those things, that 5th one is like God's little continuous joke on me. It seems that everyone around me gets calls on their cell phones and text messages from their girls. Meanwhile, here I am watching TV with my cat.

I think hearing some of the guys' points of views, jaded as they are, is probably a good thing for you right now, Luso. I just wanted to say that even though everything happens for a reason, I believe, it's hard to comprehend that when you're in pain.

That being said, being a woman, I believe that there is a manipulative gene inherent in most women, if not all, and they learn how to use it at an early age. The trick that most women fail to learn is how to control the urge to be manipulative. Men generally fail in their ability to recognize the manipulation until it's too late.

I hope things start to look up for you. More than that, I hope you stop thinking about extreme measures. As far as the two women you mentioned, just remember, every dog has their day.

Good luck!

Oy! Just felt the need to intervene here for a second on all the woman bashing. Luso...sorry to hear about your troubles and hope it gets better soon.

With that said. HEY ASSHOLES!!!!!!!!!! There are PLENTY of male manipulative useless pricks too....the club is not exclusive. Are you friggin kidding me? Dont you guys act all sweet and innocent.

Women have just learned your game over the years and as usual, we do it better.:p

Whew.

Thank God you put a happy smilie at the end of that post.

For a second there I thought you were saying that all of us were assholes .

THAT could have gotten ugly.

Back