OT: Things to ban when you're King of the World...

Its neither the Republians or Democrats per se, it is the sources that corrupt them.

If we're going to have a death penaltyit ought to apply to corrupt politicians and those that buy them as they are hurting sometimes millions of people with their crimes.

Or the like of Ken Lay types that steal the retirement funds of thousands of people. They shouldn't charged with a few stinking fraud charges, they should have to face thousands of counts of theft and grand larceny or whatever the applicable crimes are and not be allowed to serve concurrent sentences.

JD10367 said:
I also still use checks. I'll gladly shell out the stamp cost; I prefer it to giving people unlimited access to my checking account for "automatic withdrawals".

As for the supermarket thing... I like it even better when the person using the check is in the 10 Items line buying a gallon of milk. Makes me want to scream at them, "Why are you wasting my time?!? You couldn't make sure you had two dollars and change for a gallon of #$&*(@ milk, you inconsiderate #$&*(#!"

this happened to me the other day, then this ignorant SOB yanks out a fist full of wal-mart gift cards and asks the clerk to check the balance on all of them. I stood there for 10 minutes for a 1 minute transaction. I was Hot.

JD10367 said:
I also still use checks. I'll gladly shell out the stamp cost; I prefer it to giving people unlimited access to my checking account for "automatic withdrawals".

It's actually much more dangerous to hand a complete stranger a piece of paper with all of your personal information on it than it is to do it electronically.

In electronic banking, 'Unlimited Access' only happens if you authorize it. You can stop them from accessing at any time, and if they go ahead anyway, you can sue their asses.

Annihilus doesn't do the 'automatic withdrawls', but pays online monthly and has been doing so for nearly 10 years with nary a problem (and a savings of about $250 in postage over the years).

If you've ever done electronic deposit for your paychecks or taxes, then you've already 'exposed' yourself to the man.

Annihilus worked in ecommerce for 3 years on the customer service side - it's pretty damn safe (unless you're really paranoid, then the drawbacks may outdo the benefits).

harrisonhits said:
Its neither the Republians or Democrats per se, it is the sources that corrupt them.

You're right. They both need to go. Either that or be forced to dress in pink or powder blue so that they can be identified to the masses who have soured on politics.

JD10367 said:

As for the supermarket thing... I like it even better when the person using the check is in the 10 Items line buying a gallon of milk. Makes me want to scream at them, "Why are you wasting my time?!? You couldn't make sure you had two dollars and change for a gallon of #$&*(@ milk, you inconsiderate #$&*(#!"

Am reminded of the opening scene of The Big Lebowski. Looking back, is this really a Dude move? Discuss. :Lecture:

dropKickMurphy said:
I'd ban Brett Myers .

If this piece of shit actually takes the mound today at Fenway, I pray he gets what he deserves.

Damn the DH rule...I'd dearly love to see Schilling get a shot at this coward.

Maybe the Fenway security guards can be a bit lax today when frisking the fans. A few C cell batteries flying from the stands wouldn't be the worst thing in the world....

-------------------------------------------
I ban the Phillies Manager and front office for being Cowards and not addressing this issue.

I realize many here hate WEEI but this morning the Dramatic Duo of Kid Callahan and his sidekick the Bombay Boy Dennis brought up a great point. If Ozzie Guillen gets anger management class for calling someone a FAG then Myers should get a lot worse.

to me Fag means coward - someone who is ascared to do something.

well Brett Myers is a fag because he is afraid and ascared to be a man and ends up hitting his wife on a main street at 12:30 am Friday morning with multiple 911 calls being made and several people trying to seperate this coward from his wife.

oh yeah he was a teenage boxer (is pops is a promoter) who hit her twice with a closed fist.

:clap: to you Myer

the Phillies Managment and the whole organization would be banned for being ascared to be a man

I would immediately ban any and all forms of automatic phone answering systems with long, convoluted menu trees and if anyone of them has the audacity to have me walk through one of those things and then stick me on hold with "due to heavy call volume, blah, blah, blah, please hang on and inconvenience yourself so we can save some money by hiring fewer people", then I would ban the entire business.

Not to mention repeating that same message every 30 seconds so that you hear it twenty or thirty times. That is inhumane.

Put human beings on the phone and hire enough of them so that people don't end up hanging up and feeling like a brain hemmorage is imminent.

I HATE that stuff.

I would ban the removal of the manacles used to secure Brett Myers' hands behind his back while in the locked room with his wife.

she would be the one with the un-banned baseball bat

I'd ban clothing for select females, at my discretion... :D

To be fair, when around said females, I'd ban clothing for myself too. ;)

(Please refer to the June Jollies for a good start to the list of ladies who would be subject to this new law. :) )

I'd decree that the standard work week is now 25 hours, and ban any company that tried to schedule more than that.

1. I would ban petite blonde women from owning SUV's. Scratch that, I would just ban SUV's period. I can't tell you how many times I get behind an SUV that slows down and/or swirves to avoid every little bump in the road.

SUV's are banned, but pickups are allowed.

Hummers especially. If you owned a hummer prior to their outlawing, you must serve 20 years in prison for being an insufferable jackoff. You might not think you are a jackoff, but I guarentee you that you are.

2. LOUD MOTORCYCLES.
BANNED. Yea yea yea, you want us ignorant car drivers to hear you coming. pfft. Anyone arguing this point with my government will be shot in both knees once a year for the rest of their life.

3. Brittney Spears.
I am banning her for her own good. Everytime we see her she has slipped further down the spiral.

4. American Idol
I am banning this show so that guys like bid, hawg, mikie, and the guys I work with can be MEN AGAIN!

I will come up with more later.

I would ban those stupid-a$$ blow-up sticks designed to make noise at sporting events. Yes, they are supposed to give the home team an advantage by increasing crowd noise, but have you ever sat in the stands by someone using the [expletive deleted] things? It's like having someone bang a metal garbage can right next to your head.

At the af2 game Saturday night we were sitting by these two stupid 12-year-old (or so) boys who had no concept of when it is and is not appropriate to use them. Anytime they could find an excuse to use them they would. Finally at one point they left their seats for a minute and someone else sitting even closer to them than us broke their sticks letting all the air out so they wouldn't make any more noise.

But what are you supposed to do? I thought about going to an usher or security person, but the whole reason they give those stupid things out is so people can make noise. I imagine they would have done something, told the kids to knock it off or something, but geez.

And further down, as you got closer to the field, more people had them. Makes me glad the tickets we got were farther up than I wanted.

Other things I would ban:

1) Stupid-a$$ TV commercials, such as those for Bridgeport tires, Geico AND Progressive auto insurance, Campbell's soup, Wal-Mart, and Earthlink (notice I didn't say I have a problem with those products or companies, just the stupid commercials for them)

2) Deceptively named political bills and committees/organizations (i.e. the "Defense of Marriage Act" would have to be called the "Proposal to Ban Gay Marriage Act"; the "Center for American Justice" would be called the "Center for Getting Rich People Off No Matter How Damaging Their Crimes Were")

3) Job interviews where they ask you "Where do you see yourself in five years?"

4) Jets fans

5) Ann Coulter

6) Any further movies starring, written by or in any way involving Rob Schneider

7) Guys wearing sandals

So there.

The Big Lebowski said:

4. American Idol
I am banning this show so that guys like bid, hawg, mikie, and the guys I work with can be MEN AGAIN!

thank you for not including me in with those girlie-men there TBL.

I was thinking of banning the use of the word "dude", but not for you. you abide

The Big Lebowski said:
1. hummer rant

2. LOUD MOTORCYCLES.
BANNED.

3. Brittney Spears.

4. American Idol

I will come up with more later.

RoadGrader said:
thank you for not including me in with those girlie-men there TBL.

I was thinking of banning the use of the word "dude", but not for you. you abide

1. hummer are not motor vehicles unless a battery operated realdoll counts - 'nough said

2. loud pipe - ouch that will make riding away from your house a little harder :D ( I like the feel of 1200cc vibrating on my privates)How about loud but not obnoxious pipes?

3. she should be removed from all records like in 1984

4. well with no knees and Katherines cleavage shots, I may be forced to watch Idol

and don't let RG off so easy, he is a "you think you can dance" fanatic.

and why wasn't coo-coo uncle Vic included in the mix ?
to hell with 'im ban Vic :D

mikiemo83 said:
1. hummer are not motor vehicles unless a battery operated realdoll counts - 'nough said

2. loud pipe - ouch that will make riding away from your house a little harder :D ( I like the feel of 1200cc vibrating on my privates)How about loud but not obnoxious pipes?

3. she should be removed from all records like in 1984

4. well with no knees and Katherines cleavage shots, I may be forced to watch Idol

and don't let RG off so easy, he is a "you think you can dance" fanatic.

and why wasn't coo-coo uncle Vic included in the mix ?
to hell with 'im ban Vic :D

Sorry Mikie, you just violated #2. Here's 2 in the caps for ya.>) see ya on this date next year.

Vic wasn't included because you have to have already been a man at some point to qualify.

:D

fusion99 said:
I forgot to add one more thing that I would ban, FAT WOMEN.
yeah, I know what you mean, those appetizer ordering, double meal eating, face stuffing chicks who take the left overs home in a doggie bag really get my goat.

<<
I forgot to add one more thing that I would ban, FAT WOMEN.
>>

What you mean "excuse me is that your ass or do you have a bus attached to your rear end ?"

I see no reason to ban fat people but fat people in spandex, that's another matter.....

but pickups are allowed

damn, I just made it..:D

Back