OT: What bands have you seen?

I was in a metal/hc band for a number of years and shared a stage with a million bands, including
Clutch
Korn
Bad Brains
Motorhead
GWAR
Dio
Helmet
Fear Factory
Unearth
Life Of Agony
7 Seconds
Staind
Godsmack
Machinehead
Cannibal Corpse
FEAR
Fugazi
Blink 182
Deicide
Overkill
Sick Of It All
Type O Negative
GBH
The Business

and probably any other hardcore, or thrash band from the 90s you can name...

What band?

In the last year or so, I've seen live Neil young, Kenny Rodgers, the who, the dropkick murphys, Lynard skynard, Willie Nelson, Neil diamond, the happy together tour with flo and eddy from the turtles, the association, the grass roots, the cowsills, the buckinghams, Paul revere and the raiders. Can't remember whe else

Isn't that the video where Bruce Dickenson flies their 747 or whatever large aircraft that was, from show to show with all their gear?

Those guys are some gifted musicians and have always been one of my favorite bands. They've pretty much stayed true to the music they love to play, unlike most bands that get huge over the years and stray away from it (Metallica). Steve Harris (bass player) use to do most of the song writing, not sure how much of that he still does but for a band that's been around since the early 80's they sure don't seem to be slowing down much these days.

Him (Harris) writes 90-95%...and Dickinson has some input also (Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter lol).

Black Sabbath
Blue Oyster Cult (twice)
RUSH (8 times)
Heart
Kansas
Jethro Tull
The Allman Brothers Band (twice)
Gregg Allman-solo band
Lynyrd Skynyrd (twice)
Plus assorted backup bands

But none in the last 20 or so years. The Kansas show was my favorite. They were so tight but they improvised so perfectly. RUSH were extremely tight. But they played exactly what was on the records down to the tiniest detail and fraction or a second.

Rather than list all or most of the shows I've seen, I'll mention a couple of highlights.

1. Pink Floyd doing Dark Side of the Moon a year before the album came out. I maintain that it was better than the recording.

2. Genesis doing The Lamb Lies down on Broadway -- with Peter Gabriel and from the front row. Very advanced tech/stage production for it's time.

3. Bob Marley -- he was an unknown when I was lucky enough to see him and nobody knew what reggae was. We all figured it out quick enough. He was immense.

4. Springsteen doing the Born in the USA tour. I don't like his stuff that much now, but back then he was in his prime and he killed it.

In the last year or so, I've seen live Neil young, Kenny Rodgers, the who, the dropkick murphys, Lynard skynard, Willie Nelson, Neil diamond, the happy together tour with flo and eddy from the turtles, the association, the grass roots, the cowsills, the buckinghams, Paul revere and the raiders. Can't remember whe else

Oh yeah, and James Taylor at Fenway. Man, I've got to say I've seen alot of good bands of late

I've seen plenty of bands, but few that I actually enjoy since my preferred genres are played mostly by bands from Europe. I'm lucky to have a band I like come through Canada once every few years.

Kalmah, Wintersun, Varg, Eluveitie, Omnium Gatherum, Insomnium are some bands I've seen locally, the last two very recently.

Dream is still to get to an open air metal concert in Europe one of those days. Wacken 2016 is already sold out though :(

I'll have to make a list of the bands that I've seen someday but for now I'll say that I saw the Winery Dogs last night and they were frickin' amazing! Such awesome musicians playing together.

For those who don't know, the Winery Dogs are:

Richie Kotzen (was in Poison for an album and much better than I expected)
Billy Sheehan (David Lee Roth, Mr. Big, amazing bassist!!)
Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater drummer)

Had me saying Holy Crap! many times throughout the night at the talent that was on that stage.

Billy Sheehan is amazing. I remember even he was in Talad, and they were just a local Buffalo band. It almost hurts to watch his hands

Definitely!

The stuff that he does with the bass is amazing. Anyone who wants to see a bass player who does things that you've probably never seen before should look up a Billy Sheehan solo on YouTube.

I've been wanting to see him since the 80's and I'm so glad I was finally able to.

What band?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TddPdXLdG7s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This has pretty bad sound, but captures what we were all about (trying to creat sweaty messes of humanity)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TddPdXLdG7s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This has pretty bad sound, but captures what we were all about (trying to creat sweaty messes of humanity)

Yeah, that's pretty hardcore!

Saw Skrillex, Excision, Zeds Dead, Dillon Francis, Flux Pavillion and a slew of smaller names this year.
Was planning on going to a few shows overseas, but so far hasn't happened. Only so much time... :(

Well, which one are you? ::taptaptap:

I've seen a ton of old school Death Metal bands. I used to do lights (and practice down the hall from) for Cannibal Corpse. Saw Entombed, Carcass, Cathedral, Obituary and probably 100 others. Buffalo was a hot bed for Death Metal in the early 90's. A lot bands came from there and played there. I wrote reviews for an underground 'zine and did security at a place called Randall's Studio.

I've seen a ton of old school Death Metal bands. I used to do lights (and practice down the hall from) for Cannibal Corpse. Saw Entombed, Carcass, Cathedral, Obituary and probably 100 others. Buffalo was a hot bed for Death Metal in the early 90's. A lot bands came from there and played there. I wrote reviews for an underground 'zine and did security at a place called Randall's Studio.

I liked a lot of the music...but, the vocals were a bit OTT.

Back