OT: Who is off this Patriot's Day...

Ras

Prolate Spheriod Fan
Reaction score
and what are you going to or what did you do?

The wifey made breakfast for the family and her mother and sister and her husband who came down from Vermont for Easter.

Later, some yard work.

Isn't great of Massachusetts to name a holiday after our football team?

I always forget about this stupid "holiday" and start to wonder why there isn't anyone around.

:banghead:

Undertaker #59 said:
I always forget about this stupid "holiday" and start to wonder why there isn't anyone around.

Yoy're just pissed 'cuz NH doesn't have any cool holidays like us or the ultra-cool RI holiday in August VJ Day (Victory over Japan), now know as Victory Day.

Undertaker #59 said:

doesn't New Hampshire have some crazy holidays, not like in Mass with its "Evacuation Day" [High Hack Holiday], but strange none the less? Isn't there one during the Maple Syrup Season....Sap Day or some shite?

you guys have a whole friggin' month just dedicated to looking at colored trees and stuff, geez.

I already when to an appointment in Ashland, right on The Marathon Route and got out of there before The Stick People coming clogging up Route 135. Spectators were already out sitting in lawn chairs @ 9:15AM to watch the mess go by :confused:

RoadGrader said:
doesn't New Hampshire have some crazy holidays, not like in Mass with its "Evacuation Day" [High Hack Holiday], but strange none the less? Isn't there one during the Maple Syrup Season....Sap Day or some shite?

you guys have a whole friggin' month just dedicated to looking at colored trees and stuff, geez.

Beats the hell out of me. You would think people have seen trees before. Get the hell out, or at least pull over instead of gawking at all the dying leaves while driving and being in my way.

I get like 7 holidays. You'd think there would be a Cow Appreciation Day or something.

Nope, I work for a prison camp of an office. I work and work and work. christ I was here yesterday for a few hours before easter dinner.

My company doesn't give us the day off as an official holiday since we have facilities all over the country and it's a Mass. only holiday. But I always use a floating holiday (I get three) since my wife closes her agency (she deals with state agencies which are closed).

Working on a database for her agency and yard work.

I work for Canadians, so I only get a handful of holidays off. However, I can't complain, since I spent half my weekend at Foxwoods and drove to work right from there at 6:00am....

Well, officially I'm working, but mostly avoiding it. Took care of any pressing issues this morning, and have spent the time since working on my resume (which I'm currently sucking at) and watching the Sox struggle a bit. I didn't expect too much from Lenny, but wish the offense would get over whatever slump they've decided to sink into. We need some run support for the kid.

:mad: I have a part time job as a bank courier, so I'll be working this afternoon! This is one of the rare holidays that banks are open. Glad it's not football season, otherwise no way Jose of me
going in!!

At work, but it's slow, so I can read & post :p

I've been on a 7 year consecutive streak of holidays. Yup, I'm off today. :D

Working in the heart of all the madness. My building is on the corner or Boylston & Boylston, about a quarter mile from the finish line.

:lame:

All the streets are blocked off by my office. You can't even cross Berkeley street to go get a sandwich, have to walk up 3 blocks then cross.

WTF?

Worst part of the day is when heading home to hop on the Commuter Rail. Walking out of the building and seeing hundreds of those silver-tinfoil wraps flying around the streets, trying to avoid them and the numerous piles of puke all over the streets & sidewalks. :Eason:

Ras said:

Isn't great of Massachusetts to name a holiday after our football team?

How about a missile system?

patriot_05.jpg

Back