Patriots-49ers Official Game Day Thread

* Excellent debut by Dion Lewis. He continued to make positive yardage no matter how small the crease he had was. We even got to see him and James White (who was excellent also) playing out of a split backfield and I imagine we'll see more of that down the road. I can't emphasize enough how impressed I am with how much tougher White is when taking on tacklers. His 2nd effort to get a key first down was even better than his TD run, imo.
Seriously. I expected nothing even approaching the level he was yesterday, coming off what he did and what his strengths are when healthy. You hear all the usual stuff about "he looks good in practice" but I figured that was just the normal fluffing.

Cannon is definitely night and day from last year,even to my untrained eye.

Chung is definitely good in his second stint with his new role. He seems even to have gotten better in coverage. Maybe he is the anti McCourty, he's better closer to the LOS. Speaking of which, McCourty I thought had a nice day tackling also.

I thought BB really wanted to get #LEG CARROT a TD until that last part. People sometimes forget that BB usually does guys a solid vs their old teams/HCs when he can. But the kneeldown is how he treats HCs/orgs for whom he has respect, IMO.

How come Mitchell looks so tall when he's only 5'11"?

Seriously. I expected nothing even approaching the level he was yesterday, coming off what he did and what his strengths are when healthy. You hear all the usual stuff about "he looks good in practice" but I figured that was just the normal fluffing.

Chung is definitely good in his second stint with his new role. He seems even to have gotten better in coverage. Maybe he is the anti McCourty, he's better closer to the LOS. Speaking of which, McCourty I thought had a nice day tackling also.

I thought BB really wanted to get #LEG CARROT a TD until that last part. People sometimes forget that BB usually does guys a solid vs their old teams/HCs when he can. But the kneeldown is how he treats HCs/orgs for whom he has respect, IMO.

#32 made two incredibly big diving low tackles preventing freedom in the open field and huge gains.

#32 made two incredibly big diving low tackles preventing freedom in the open field and huge gains.

McCourty also played CB some yesterday which piggybacked from the Seattle game. Seeing both Chung and McCourty in the box was rare indeed. Devin played well.

Do you know the difference between Iran and Abu Dhabi?

The Iranians don't like the Flinstones much, but the Abu Dhabi do.

:rimshot:

No. No I don't. But I do believe that abu dhabi do was a movie starring pebbles and bam-bam.

That's about all I know.

Cheers, BostonTim

Maybe because his neck is so short his legs look longer. Beats me.

If Mitchell had a normal neck he'd be 6'1".

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qs353txy0pM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Game highlights
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Cni4jXHqJBk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

McCourty also played CB some yesterday which piggybacked from the Seattle game. Seeing both Chung and McCourty in the box was rare indeed. Devin played well.

McCountry and Eugene really stepped up in the 2nd half.

Back