Patriots accused of filming Bengals from press box - BS or fact?

Dude, the people doing the videoing were affiliated with the Patriots, working for the Patriots organization. It's like the CIA infiltrating another country to spy for the US.

The sideline was filmed for a solid 8 minutes. There could only be one reason for that if the cheerleaders weren't in the clip.
Or it could be that they were filming the sideline to show what a scout does for his job. You know, the entire point of the documentary.

But it's definitely just like the CIA infiltrating a country to spy. I have some friends who were in the CIA and they confirmed that whenever they wanted to spy on a country they would call that country first and let them know when and why they were coming. They'd then make sure to wear clothing that said "CIA" the entire time they were spying.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The hysteria beggars belief. I mean look at this article on SI.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/12/10/p...l&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=themmqb

The article says this.

It’s very possible that New England didn’t knowingly break league rules by filming the Cincinnati sidelines. But the team has lost the benefit of the doubt, and the commissioner should still dock the Patriots in some manner.

Th idiot goes on:

If you are already sick of this story, I can’t fault you. Football fans have heard about Spygate for 12 years. Deflategate lasted what feels like a century. But the league has no choice here, and commissioner Roger Goodell must know that. He has to punish the Patriots, somehow and some way,

WTF? So there is high probability there was nothing intentional done but that doesn't matter because it's the Patriots? Because of Spygate and a botched up nonsensical investigation into alleged deflated footballs that saw officials not having a clue about ambient temperatures and pressure changes? It doesn't matter, any allegation can be thrown at the Patriots now and they're guilty by association? Comms issues in Gillette, it's the Patriots doing, inclement weather? The Patriots doing. Idiot team logistics people sending equipment to wrong destinations? It's the Patriots.

This thinking by way too many grown adults is just mental, it's sheer madness. I watched Kellerman go on a rant saying the Patriots are guilty this time and they are always guilty.

Yes, shame on me for watching Kellerman blah blah but this is what's out there.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/12/10/p...l&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=themmqb

The article says this.

Th idiot goes on:

WTF? So there is high probability there was nothing intentional done but that doesn't matter because it's the Patriots? Because of Spygate and a botched up nonsensical investigation into alleged deflated footballs that saw officials not having a clue about ambient temperatures and pressure changes? It doesn't matter, any allegation can be thrown at the Patriots now and they're guilty by association? Comms issues in Gillette, it's the Patriots doing, inclement weather? The Patriots doing. Idiot team logistics people sending equipment to wrong destinations? It's the Patriots.

This thinking by way too many grown adults is just mental, it's sheer madness. I watched Kellerman go on a rant saying the Patriots are guilty this time and they are always guilty.

talkback@themmqb.com

Feel free to email the dbag...

Dude, the people doing the videoing were affiliated with the Patriots, working for the Patriots organization. It's like the CIA infiltrating another country to spy for the US.

The sideline was filmed for a solid 8 minutes. There could only be one reason for that if the cheerleaders weren't in the clip.

It is 8 mins of B-roll of a sideline. Please. That is used for the purposes of making a video on scouting.

It is not an entire game nor several games.

There are simply not that many signals in an 8 mins length of film that can be of any significance.

The moron who wrote the SI article, by the way, is the same idiot (Micahel Rosenberg), who claimed the Patriots were cheating via the big screen in the Gillette car park which the Patriots could see from their sideline but not the opposition...

The article says this.

Th idiot goes on:

Now you’re getting it. Strip all 6 titles! Band BB for life and make TB divorce Giselle and marry Hillary Clinton.

It is 8 mins of B-roll of a sideline. Please. That is used for the purposes of making a video on scouting.

There simply not that many signals in an 8 mins length of film that can be of any significance.
Chatham watched half the broadcast of the all-22 film. The Bengals players looked to the sideline for signals a grand total of zero times.

As I thought about this issue from time to time over the day an interesting thing occurred to me. And it ends up being what is fair and just.

The rule only prohibits taping for the purposes of gaining an advantage in a game.

Since the Pats were not doing this and basically some low level videographer was shooting about 8 mins of B-roll was done for the purposes of making a show, the rule was not violated.

If I were the NFL that is how i would rule on the matter.

Here is the thing. Its really not the NFL. If this were some crap team, they would not even be in a story. 31 other owners are going to scream from the rooftops because the pats win too much and we have to get them. So the NFL will bow to that and throw the book at them and then you have justification that the pats committed the most heinous crime ion NFL history. I knew the outcome as soon as I saw the letter from the Patriots which came out really quick.

There are simply not that many signals in an 8 mins length of film that can be of any significance.

I'm not sure you can say that. Eight minutes is a long time. it's enough time to easily go through a large percentage of calls.

Chatham watched half the broadcast of the all-22 film. The Bengals players looked to the sideline for signals a grand total of zero times.

You act like logic plays a role in this, it doesn't. This would not even be a story elsewhere. I read a back page article about a couple years ago a guy in cowboy gear was standing on the saints sideline in a game with a cell phone in his hand looking at it. Fans caught this and it went....nowhere. Can you imagine if that was the Patriots?

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

[/B]

I'm not sure you can say that. Eight minutes is a long time. it's enough time to easily go through a large percentage of calls.

Wouldn't it be easier if I just bought a ticket and filmed the bengals from my phone? I mean that's easier than running a show for 5 years to finally get to the day they can film eight minutes of a team that is 1-12. It all lead up to that.

Wouldn't it be easier if I just bought a ticket and filmed the bengals from my phone? I mean that's easier than running a show for 5 years to finally get to the day they can film eight minutes of a team that is 1-12. It all lead up to that.[/QUOTE said:
That would be illegal too dipwad!

[/B]

There's about 6-7 plays called in 8 minutes. Games take 3 to 3.5 hours to complete, so 8 minutes represents roughly 4% of a game. So 8 minutes isn't even remotely close to a long time.

That would be illegal too dipwad!

But it would be harder to detect dummy. No its much more secret to get permission from the browns, go up to where everyone is and film while making a show that has been on for 5 years...yeah that is the better way to get away with it.

There's about 6-7 plays called in 8 minutes. Games take 3 to 3.5 hours to complete, so 8 minutes represents roughly 4% of a game. So 8 minutes isn't even remotely close to a long time.

We don’t even know if the 8 minutes coincided with a commercial break. There could literally be about 3-4 plays on that film.

Back