Patriots owner Robert Kraft will be charged in Florida prostitution sting

AdamSchefter@AdamSchefter·<time datetime="2019-05-13T21:38:19.000Z">21m</time>
A Florida judge ruled today that the video of Patriots’ owner Robert Kraft from inside a spa cannot be used because it was obtained illegally. A win for Kraft.

D6ek3ukWwAYH5WH

I'm personally amazed how distraught the media has been over Kraft's failure to just say he's guilty in exchange for a dismissal when the Cops apparently screwed the pooch big time. And I always go nuts when people keep calling it a technicality. Due process is one of the most fundamental of Constitutional protections. Why is that so hard?

Just MO.

Cheers

Big deal. The he video will still come out.

Quite possibly, but the chances are much lower now. As one might expect, there is no obligation under public records laws to release illegally obtained evidence, which is what the video has been deemed as. "Leaks" always seem to happen, especially in cases like this, but I'd wager against the video being directly released to the press on this one.

I'm personally amazed how distraught the media has been over Kraft's failure to just say he's guilty in exchange for a dismissal when the Cops apparently screwed the pooch big time. And I always go nuts when people keep calling it a technicality. Due process is one of the most fundamental of Constitutional protections. Why is that so hard?

Just MO.

Cheers
thats what she said

yes it will and I for one will avoid it

The judge should have had said video in his possession and issued its destruction.
Even Roger burnt the tapes of the Spygate crap that was supposed to be coaches signals followed but jiggling cheerleaders.

It may still come out, but it will not be from any of the well known sites who will not touch this video for any reason. Now that it's been deemed illegally obtained, any site that posts it will be at risk of a huge lawsuit big enough to shut the operation down.

The only way we see it is if someone posts it on a random message board with no money exchange involved, presumably by a pissed off cop or DA employee. At that point, either of those offices will be under the gun for not protecting the video.

Quite possibly, but the chances are much lower now.

There was a 100% chance the video would have been released earlier. There is a 100% chance the video will be released now, just through a different avenue.

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

It may still come out, but it will not be from any of the well known sites who will not touch this video for any reason. Now that it's been deemed illegally obtained, any site that posts it will be at risk of a huge lawsuit big enough to shut the operation down.

The only way we see it is if someone posts it on a random message board with no money exchange involved, presumably by a pissed off cop or DA employee. At that point, either of those offices will be under the gun for not protecting the video.

Every paparazzi who gets illegally-obtained pictures/videos gets paid a lot. :shrug_n:

I see where you're going with this, but are you sure we can handle that much traffic on PP?:coffee:

Every paparazzi who gets illegally-obtained pictures/videos gets paid a lot. :shrug_n:

I'm not sure of your point. Most paprazzi photos/videos are not illegal and certainly not branded as illegally record by a court.

If TMZ were to pay a member of the police for the video and show it, Kraft will have TMZ shut down with a multi-million+ dollar lawsuit, not to mention the other people in the video who will join the lawsuit. It will be a cut and dry case with the video now ruled illegally recorded and the judge blocking release. So whatever random person who got paid may get off free from charges, but the purchaser is royally screwed. And the departments in charge of the video are also open for lawsuits for not taking proper procedures for preventing it's release.

I'm not sure of your point. Most paprazzi photos/videos are not illegal and certainly not branded as illegally record by a court.

If TMZ were to pay a member of the police for the video and show it, Kraft will have TMZ shut down with a multi-million+ dollar lawsuit, not to mention the other people in the video who will join the lawsuit. It will be a cut and dry case with the video now ruled illegally recorded and the judge blocking release. So whatever random person who got paid may get off free from charges, but the purchaser is royally screwed. And the departments in charge of the video are also open for lawsuits for not taking proper procedures for preventing it's release.

And as for me, not sure we're there yet, but I just love a story with a happy ending. :coffee:

Cheers

1. Paparazzi get pictures by trespassing all the time, i.e. illegally-obtained.
2. Copies of the video already exist.
3. At some point, it will come out.
4. Someone will either get paid for it, or they will simply release it at a time most damaging to the Pats/Kraft. Imagine fielding questions about getting cornholed on the day of the AFCC on say...the day before the AFCC?

Back