Patriots sign Hogan to offer

Sorry I missed your election to be High Expectation Sheriff, but you are sucking in your historical connections. When Welker first signed with the Pats the feelings were quite similar. Some thought Welker wasn't worth trading for and his past work wasn't a great validation. And others were jacked and pumped for the possibilities he could bring to the team. Welker's best days were after he became a Patriot.
But you just keep working hard at toning down anyone thinking BB may have made an excellent pick-up. I'm sure your actions are good for something.

read the entire quote, i never said it was a bad pickup, just asking for some sanity in expectations.

i thought this place was better than the average fanboy site that fawns over everything, that acts like all players the pats sign are the next best, and all they let go are bums. guess i was wrong.

i thought this place was better than the average fanboy site that fawns over everything, that acts like all players the pats sign are the next best, and all they let go are bums. guess i was wrong.

You've been here over a year. You've read posts by Chevss, AWTE, and some of our other knowledgeable posters.

If you still think this is the average fanboy site, then either you're not very attentive, or you're just having a bad day, and you'll come to your senses soon.

I'm hoping for the latter - we need good posters like you to stick around.

how about BB built this offense to maximize what brady does best, the receivers were then acquired to match brady's skills. makes more sense then some convoluted wayne chrebet theory.

i hope hogan can just be a david givens kind of receiver that would be an awesome find if so, welker is too much to ask...

Any response that has the phrase "convoluted wayne chrebet theory " is a good one.

Thanks for not being boring.
You can leave the "boring" to me.

it probably has nothing to do with over inflated fa prices this year...right

and for the record are you saying he is better than edelman?
I doubt it has anything to do with over-inflated FA prices. I sincerely doubt BB is writing checks paying more than he thinks a player is worth just because other teams are doing so. I think this is a case where BB thinks Hogan is worth Edelman-level money.

Same as if BB gives out a Gronk-level contract to a tight end, I'd have to think BB thought very highly of that tight end and I would sit up and take notice.

Over the years, I've come to respect the time and intelligence BB puts into player evaluation, which is probably more than perusing stats and watching NFL Live, Gary Tanguay, etc.

The thing is, some coaches and GMs habitually make decisions that result in no or few playoff appearances, some coaches GMs get their teams to the playoffs more off, a very few get their teams to the playoffs frequently and have won a superbowl or two, but NO coach or GM has the track record that BB has had over the last 15 years. Not saying everything he does is right, but holy crap, look at the run he's treated us to over the past 15 years.

If you pay attention, few of the players BB signs are the best. Remember Pioli: ("We're building a team, not collecting talented players.")

The Pats end up with the best team very often, winning 4 superbowls and losing a couple by the bounce of a ball. It's hard for (most) long-time fans not to take that into consideration when looking at a player BB obviously thinks highly of.

What, no mention of Hall of Famer Robert Parrish?

Well, I was responding to the comment that the Pats have had an unusual number of white receivers by listing how it was far more unusual that the Celtics had 6 white guys in the NBA in '86, so although I liked watching Robert Parrish play, I'm fairly sure that he wasn't white.

read the entire quote, i never said it was a bad pickup, just asking for some sanity in expectations.

Perhaps you don't visit a lot of football forums besides this one. I do and I can tell you PP has probably the most knowledgeable posters of any site that bring more than just "rah rah" mantra to their posts. But in the end we are Pats fans so sure we are going to be up on players the Pats sign especially given Bill's history the past 15 years and having the GOAT QB.

it probably has nothing to do with over inflated fa prices this year...right

and for the record are you saying he is better than edelman?

Not sure yet, he was stuck down on some team that lives in chaos most of the time. Edelman would not much either.

Well, I was responding to the comment that the Pats have had an unusual number of white receivers by listing how it was far more unusual that the Celtics had 6 white guys in the NBA in '86, so although I liked watching Robert Parrish play, I'm fairly sure that he wasn't white.
Ahh, you made a "shingled roof" post.

It went right over my head. :D

He was so good, Boston fans made him an Honorary White as a reward. :coffee:

:rolleyes:

Back