Mark Harrison
Jesse Holley
Josh Boyce
Austin Collie
Britt Davis
Reggie Dunn
Michael Jenkins
TJ Moe

This is a very good thing made possible only by an already rebuilt defense.

Our current group is versatile enough to be productive and win against anything defenses throw at it. This group can play the outside long ball with Hogan and Cooks, the intermediate game with those 2 plus Mitchell and Gronk, the close game with those 4 plus Edelman, White and (for now) Amendola. We won't see teams packing the middle any more. I'm very happy with this group.

And that's only WRs/TEs.

Now add a healthy D Lew/White catching out of the backfield.

This should eclipse all seasons in pass attempts. Reps are gonna need to be managed.

I'm reading the Rnd 4 - pick 118 we got from the Saints in the Cooks trade may be traded up until the draft but our original Rnd 4 pick cannot be encumbered in any way. The punishment reads the Pats forfeit their highest 4th (currently 118) but forfeiture doesn't occur until draft night for any 4th rnd pick OTHER than our original 4th. IOW, 118 can be traded & BB has lots of time to trade 118 for something.

<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.21%"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-oHah2NLevs?ecver=2" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" width="641" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

I really like what Cooks brings to our O

I wondered about Cooks' bow and arrow routine. Maybe you did too?:

"New Orleans Saints receiver Brandin Cooks has followed big plays this season with a bow-and-arrow motion that has caught notice from fans.

"It has to do with the Bible," Cooks said.

Cooks said the motion referenced a Bible verse in which a boy named Ishmael used his archery skill to survive in the desert after he nearly died there without water.

Cooks used the motion for the first time this season, most recently on Sunday when he caught two touchdown passes against the New York Giants, in a game the Saints won 52-49.

"That was just one of my things giving my glory to God for blessing me to do what I do," Cooks said of the motion."

They've been doing bow and arrow in hockey for ages.

Lots of teams and players do it, but the NFL has threatened to fine Cooks. He has modified it by not "shooting the arrow". NFL doesn't care if you load a weapon, they just don't want you completing the "violent act". We'll see if he comes up with something new as a Patriot.

I guess that's why AB is allowed 2 pumps but not 3...they think the third pump is "completing the act". Which goes a long way to showing why the NFL front office is made up of a bunch of frustrated bitches. ROFL

Lots of teams and players do it, but the NFL has threatened to fine Cooks. He has modified it by not "shooting the arrow". NFL doesn't care if you load a weapon, they just don't want you completing the "violent act". We'll see if he comes up with something new as a Patriot.

A violent act, like...a concussion? :coffee:

I'm reading the Rnd 4 - pick 118 we got from the Saints in the Cooks trade may be traded up until the draft but our original Rnd 4 pick cannot be encumbered in any way. The punishment reads the Pats forfeit their highest 4th (currently 118) but forfeiture doesn't occur until draft night for any 4th rnd pick OTHER than our original 4th. IOW, 118 can be traded & BB has lots of time to trade 118 for something.

Mike R. says pick 118 now belongs to the NFL so it can't be traded. Goodell

That's not how I read the punishment letter but the NFL has apparently confirmed that publicly.

Makes me wonder why BB would include the 118th pick in the trade...

That's not how I read the punishment letter but the NFL has apparently confirmed that publicly.

That just screams to me BB had read it the same way you did and Goodell just Article 46d us right in the pooper.

I wish this guy a painful death.

That just screams to me BB had read it the same way you did and Goodell just Article 46d us right in the pooper.

I wish this guy a painful death.
Are you saying BB interpreted a memo differently from Roger?
!$@^@%*$& there goes ANOTHER first rounder!

Loopholes in the rules to make it say 1,000 different things.

"The AFC is over. Everyone else is playing for the right to lose to the Patriots next season in the AFC Championship game."

much more epic stuff from Shannon and Skip
(Pats talk starts at 18:38)
<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.21%"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FVH7Q_aZoLw?ecver=2" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" width="641" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

First time BB ever gave up a 1st round pick for a Veteran player. This WR group might be better then Brady Record setting 2007 group. Edelman, hogan, Mitchell & cooks. Bye bye Amendola he just be a ST only player . If he stays on the team

chevss, you may have seen this already, but I bet you will enjoy this if not.

http://grantland.com/features/brandin-cooks-nfl-draft-oregon-state-wide-receiver/

Great read HS.

I didn't know he had as much confidence and drive as that. Reminds me a lot of Steve Smith. Without the whole punching teammates faces thing.

One concern: the Spanos ties and his contract status.

If the mother has pictures of her 5 kids and Brandin you can imagine the ties are strong. If he goes on to have a couple more seasons at pace I can envision SD making him the highest paid WR. I don't think BB would match. So the ride could be great, albeit brief.

Back