Patriots trivia

BionicPatriot

Reaction score
OK folks, idea here. I dunno how big this thread can get, but it was a fun idea I had. This thread is well...read the title, PATRIOTS TRIVIA!!! Basicly all you need to know is this: Ask question about the pats past, and well answer it. Complicated? Maybe..:rolleyes:
I will start:

Who was the first ever patriot drafted?

The answer is the recently deceased Ron Burton who was their 1st pick in 1960 and was a guy who never reached the heights predicted for him due to injuries, but was a good football player and a great human being who kept close ties to the organization throughout his life.

Now another question. The Pats currrent QB is a guy named Tom.

For 200 PP points name me 4 other Pats quarterbacks who had the same first name.

Tom Dimitroff 1960
Tom Greene 1960
Tom Yewcic 1961
Tom Tupa 1996

Who was the first coach of the Patriots.

Not bad Bustah. Never heard of the first two, but you get 200 PP points.

Now for another bonus of 150 points I am looking for THREE others of more recent vintage.

Hawg73 said:
Not bad Bustah. Never heard of the first two, but you get 200 PP points.

Now for another bonus of 150 points I am looking for THREE others of more recent vintage.

OK, I've got two relative knowns and one unknown:

Tom Hodson
Tom Ramsey
Tom Flick (on the '82 team)

bideau said:
OK, I've got two relative knowns and one unknown:

Tom Hodson
Tom Ramsey
Tom Flick (on the '82 team)

And one more better known:

Tom Owen

Do I get even more valuable PP points?

Chalk up 150 for the first one Bideau and 50 bonus points for the Tom Flick answer. Forgot all about him.

But it's about answers and questions, do you have one to stump the crew with?

I'll be happy to jump in if you dont have one.

Ballbustah said:
Who was the first coach of the Patriots?

Lou Saban.

PP Points for me.

Where did the Patriots play their first ever home game....a loss to the Dallas Texans

DolFan said:
Lou Saban.

I figured you were going to say Dave Wannstedt. You see Dolfan you really do want to be a Pats fan.

Harvard Stadium.

Who wears number 59?

Undertaker #59 said:
Colvin.

Who wore the same number and was known as The Undertaker? :D

Vincent Brown.

BTW, NR, I thought the answer was Boston University Field.

Staying with stadiums. The Pats have played home games in 7 different stadiums. Name them.

bideau said:

BTW, NR, I thought the answer was Boston University Field.

Staying with stadiums. The Pats have played home games in 7 different stadiums. Name them.

The question was "Where did the Patriots play their first ever home game....a loss to the Dallas Texans?" That game against the Texans was during the preseason. The one you are referring to was the first regular season home game.

From Patriots.com:

The first “home” game was held two weeks later before 11,000 fans at Harvard Stadium and the Pats lost 24-14 to the Dallas Texans. The team’s regular season home opener came on September 9 and 21,597 fans at Boston University field watched the team lose to the Denver Broncos 13-10.

bideau said:
Staying with stadiums. The Pats have played home games in 7 different stadiums. Name them. [/B]

Nickerson
Fenway
Harvard
Alumni (BC)
Foxboro
Gillette

I seem to remember hearing the Pats played an exhibition game in the 60s in Birmingham, Alabama...Legion Field maybe?

Q: Who caught the winning TD in what almost became the last-ever Patriots home game in NE?

JPK

kirjtc2 said:
Nickerson
Fenway
Harvard
Alumni (BC)
Foxboro
Gillette

I seem to remember hearing the Pats played an exhibition game in the 60s in Birmingham, Alabama...Legion Field maybe?

Q: Who caught the winning TD in what almost became the last-ever Patriots home game in NE?

JPK

I believe it was Patrick Pass.

Question: What were the various incarnations of names given to the Patriots $6 million stadium, built before the 1971 season?

Steve1 said:
I believe it was Patrick Pass.

Was kirjtc2 referring to the '93 season finale against Miami? If that's the case, then I seem to recall it was Kevin Turner in OT, but my memory is fading on that.

Question: What were the various incarnations of names given to the Patriots $6 million stadium, built before the 1971 season?

Schaeffer, Sullivan and Foxboro Stadium.

Name all the owners of the Pats.

bideau said:
Was kirjtc2 referring to the '93 season finale against Miami? If that's the case, then I seem to recall it was Kevin Turner in OT, but my memory is fading on that.

I believe the stadium, when owned by Victor Kiam, was called either Kiam Stadium, or Remington Stadium, for a short time. The logo on the sign outside the stadium, I definitely remember, was a 3-circled electric razor.

Someone once told me the Pats played at the Manning Bowl in Lynn one time.

bideau said:

Sorry about that, it was the '93 game, but it wasn't Kevin Turner...

JPK

bideau said:

Sullivan
Kiam
Orthwien
Kraft

BTW, was it Timpson who caught the 1993 pass? Turner did have a big td in that game too, though (in regulation?)

Question: Who were the 2 placekickers for the 1995 Patriots?

Back