Patriots trivia

Legend has it that there is a piece of game film deep in the Pats archives that shows a particular defensive player who stayed completely motionless in his stance for the duration of a play.

The theory is that he was peaking on hallucingenics and he never moved a muscle while the bodies crashed all around him.

Who, allegedly, was that player and how can I get a copy of the clip?

Okay, it's hard to come up with a trivia question that is not easily googled and has not been discussed in some previous thread. I have a lot of obscure memories of the Patriots going back to the first season so I should be able to come up with something...

Here goes:

Steve Grogan holds a particular NFL record, a single-season mark for a specific accomplishment for his position.

Three parts:

1. What position did Steve Grogan play? (okay, that's a joke).

2. What single-season record did he set for that position?

3. Against what team did he set the record?

thomas144 said:
Okay, it's hard to come up with a trivia question that is not easily googled and has not been discussed in some previous thread. I have a lot of obscure memories of the Patriots going back to the first season so I should be able to come up with something...

Here goes:

Steve Grogan holds a particular NFL record, a single-season mark for a specific accomplishment for his position.

Three parts:

1. What position did Steve Grogan play? (okay, that's a joke).

2. What single-season record did he set for that position?

3. Against what team did he set the record?

I think I know this without looking it up:

1. QB ;)
2. TD's scored by a QB in one season (1976, not sure of the actual #)
3. I think it was Tampa Bay, last game of the season, ensuring that Tampa would finish 0-14.

Correct on all points Bideau, although I'm not sure Tampa Bay finished 0-14 or whatever in 1976. I do remember it was a gratuitous touchdown that the offensive line wanted to go for just to set the record, and that the announcers thought that this piling on by the Patriots would come back to haunt them someday, as Tampa Bay would want revenge.

thomas144 said:
Correct on all points Bideau, although I'm not sure Tampa Bay finished 0-14 or whatever in 1976. I do remember it was a gratuitous touchdown that the offensive line wanted to go for just to set the record, and that the announcers thought that this piling on by the Patriots would come back to haunt them someday, as Tampa Bay would want revenge.

Tampa definitely finished 0-14, first year in the league, only team in NFL history to ever go o-fer for the season (some other team in previous years had no wins but a tie). They also started '77 at 0-12 before winning their last two games (fans stormed the field and tore down the goal posts). That's an NFL record 26 straight losses.

Sorry, don't have a question to put out there. Anyone else is welcome to fill the void.

Sorry, don't have a question to put out there. Anyone else is welcome to fill the void. [/B]

This Patriot once walked out onto the field in Kansas City wearing only a helmet and a jock strap.

Bushy T Beaver said:
Not a bad guess, but no. ;)

That would be the legendary Larry "Wild Man" Eisenhauer from the '60's.

Eisenhauer also had the distinction of appearing in a filmed bit done for Boston kids TV where he almost killed one of the stars of the show by tackling him. Name the star and the show.

Hawg73 said:
That would be the legendary Larry "Wild Man" Eisenhauer from the '60's.

Eisenhauer also had the distinction of appearing in a filmed bit done for Boston kids TV where he almost killed one of the stars of the show by tackling him. Name the star and the show.

Rex Trailer and Boomtown. (I don't remember the show but I read about it).

Easy one, in tribute to Eisenhauer's hit on Pablo the Clown...

Who put that that beautiful on the streaker in the Super Bowl against the Panthers

NY Jester's new LB - Matt Chatham.

Who holds the Patriots team record for the longest fumble recovery and return for a TD? Clue: 68 yards.

Ras said:
NY Jester's new LB - Matt Chatham.

Who holds the Patriots team record for the longest fumble recovery and return for a TD? Clue: 68 yards.

I'm going to take a wild guess that it is... Richard Seymour?

BTW, google is for pussies. Real men take retarded guesses.

mikiemo83 said:
based on this I am proud to be a real man for I am the king of retardeds

Fixed your typo Mikie. :thumb:

Hawg was right. Seymour vs. Buffalo a couple years ago when Drew got wacked by Teddy B. trying to execute the worst play-action pass call in league history.

While were talking about fumbles: Which Colt scooped and scored a Pats fumble to beat the Pats in OT in a season opener in the early 80's. The Pats had received the kick and everyone around me figured they would drive and score but...No!

That would be Johnie Cooks in the only TD of his 10-yr career. I remember it like it was yesterday. 52-yard return, in fact.

It had historical significance, as it was the first time in NFL history an overtime game was decided on a TD coming off a fumble return.

That 1983 team (8-8) was a big disappointment, having wasted one of Grogan's better years IMO.

Next:
What Pats playoff game was browned-out for ten minutes or so due to a Mass Electric transformer blowing a fuse?

Ooo..ooo...ooo! (Horshack sounds)

I know the answer to that one! It's on the tip of my tongue...Ummm...nevermind, I forget. :cuss: brain cramps!

Back