Patriots trivia

AFC Championship game Pats v. Jags 1997 Still the coldest I've been at a Pats game.

Speaking of the AFC Championship game that year: Which Pat player grabbed a loose ball out of mid-air and returned it for the game sealing TD late in the forth quarter? For extra credit, which Jag fumbled the ball and which Pat knocked the ball loose in the first place?

This one is a little unusual... thought I'd see if I could get some heads scratchin'...

Most of the teams in the USFL that played in NFL cities/regions played in the same stadiums as the NFL teams; e.g., the New Jersey Generals played in the Meadowlands, the Michigan Panthers played in the Silverdome. But during the Breakers' one-year stay in Boston, they did not play in Foxboro Stadium (which at that time, I believe, was still known as Schaefer Stadium).

Why not?

AllWorldTE said:
AFC Championship game Pats v. Jags 1997 Still the coldest I've been at a Pats game.

Speaking of the AFC Championship game that year: Which Pat player grabbed a loose ball out of mid-air and returned it for the game sealing TD late in the forth quarter? For extra credit, which Jag fumbled the ball and which Pat knocked the ball loose in the first place?

That would be Otis Smith on the fumble recovery for the TD. The ballcarrier was James Stewart, and the defender that stripped the ball was Chris Slade. Smith and the near-forgotten Slade had their share of moments for the Patriots over the years.

That might've been the best time I've ever had at a Pats game, but the Titans' game during the 2003 playoff march was the coldest I've ever been (I'm shivering j-j-just th-thinking about it) - "beers kept in the cooler to keep them from freezing" cold. Good times! :thumb:

I believe TrueBeliever still has the floor.

Jumpstarting an old thread:

There's been only one team in the history of the NFL that has lost 6 consecutive games by 7 points or less, and it's yourrrrrr New England Patriots. What year was it?

Jumpstarting an old thread:

There's been only one team in the history of the NFL that has lost 6 consecutive games by 7 points or less, and it's yourrrrrr New England Patriots. What year was it?

It's not '02. They were 9-7 that year and some of those losses were blowouts.

I'll take a guess and say '93, Parcell's first year. They were 5-11 that year, but started 1-11 before finally ripping of 4 in a row.

My backup answer would be '81.

I'll take a guess and say '93, Parcell's first year. They were 5-11 that year, but started 1-11 before finally ripping of 4 in a row.
Bingo.

They ended that calamitous run with a 7-2 victory over the Bengals. If there was ever a team that needed to learn how to win, that 1993 squad was it.

Ok. I'll start again.

Name the former Patriot who once held the NFL's single game rushing record.

Ok. I'll start again.

Name the former Patriot who once held the NFL's single game rushing record.

Well it wasn't the "Patriots"...but Cliff Battles of the Boston Redskins was the first RB to rush for over 200 yards (215 yards) in a single game.

ahhh. should work on reading comprehension....

Of course Cory Dillon.....when playing for the bungles...278 yards....broke Paytons record (who had held it for 23 years)

Who is the OLDEST Patriot to score for the Pats that started at least one game for them in his career?

Well it wasn't the "Patriots"...but Cliff Battles of the Boston Redskins was the first RB to rush for over 200 yards (215 yards) in a single game.

ahhh. should work on reading comprehension....

Of course Cory Dillon.....when playing for the bungles...278 yards....broke Paytons record (who had held it for 23 years)
For some reason I cannot remember, I actually watched this game. The thing that makes it even more impressive (if that's possible), is that the Bengals air attack, led by the unassailable Akili Smith, completed TWO passes that day for 34 yards! The Broncos were lining up 10 in the box and still couldn't stop ole' Clock Killing Corey Dillon. :thumb: If not for his career being wasted in Cincinnati, he'd probably be in the Hall of Fame some day.

Back