Patriots vs Browns :Sunday at 1:00pm Game Thread

Let’s Go Pats

The next 6 straight games are all winnable.

Know thyself. Stick with good defense and power running smash mouth football. Run it 30+ times a game, with a ton of play action and screens, and lots of short and intermediate throws to Meyers, Bourne, and Henry. Delete all the crappy chuck it deep ball plays to Parker

Last edited:
An actual CBS game, btw. It's like their 4th or 5th team, but maybe they brought more than 2 cameras.

It's Kevin Harlan and Trent Green. Harlan is the best NFL play-by-play guy there is, imo. Green is somewhat tolerable.

I'd be interested in hearing more from Jon Vilma. I thought he was solid last week and I can barely tolerate most NFL analysts. Flip the dial to
any College game and you'll usually hear somebody better. It's not even close.

Clearly, we caught a perfect wave last week with all the injuries to an already bad Detroit backfield. It was a perfect day for us, but I can't
see us playing like that against the Browns.

They're capable of making life miserable for Zappe, but I can't shake the feeling that we are the better team even while our offense
is still in the process of waking up. I always pull for Brissett do well, but I have to admit he throws a lot of inaccurate balls.

I'll go with a long score by Tyquan, a decent day on the ground and a couple of TOs for our D and we squeak out a 3 pointer.

I'd be interested in hearing more from Jon Vilma. I thought he was solid last week
Me, too. Obviously a better analyst than LB. He was what ? the fifth pick in the draft? But he was well spoken in the booth.

Me, too. Obviously a better analyst than LB. He was what ? the fifth pick in the draft? But he was well spoken in the booth.

I didn't look up his career stats, but I remember him being a really good player who had mounting injury issues that derailed his career and he wasn't the
same guy. He wasn't very big, but had great range and was considered a very smart/defensive captain type.

I do remember that Belichick once gave him the ERT (Ed Reed Treatment) before a game we had with New Orleans and he laid it on really thick.

What I hope for, and usually don't get, is an analyst who tells me something I didn't know or hadn't occurred to me. Things that make you go "Hmmmmm...". He did
it a couple of times. Sometimes it seems like the longer these guys hang around the networks the worse they get. I'll call the phenomena the Romo Effect.

I didn't look up his career stats, but I remember him being a really good player who had mounting injury issues that derailed his career and he wasn't the
same guy. He wasn't very big, but had great range and was considered a very smart/defensive captain type.

I do remember that Belichick once gave him the ERT (Ed Reed Treatment) before a game we had with New Orleans and he laid it on really thick.

What I hope for, and usually don't get, is an analyst who tells me something I didn't know or hadn't occurred to me. Things that make you go "Hmmmmm...". He did
it a couple of times. Sometimes it seems like the longer these guys hang around the networks the worse they get. I'll call the phenomena the Romo Effect.
Vilma was a fast, smart, instinctive LB. Belichick would have loved him, though on the small side vs what he looked for.

Vilma was there during the Parcells Jets era yes? Vilma was a very smart, strong leader and had an excellent reputation even going back to college and predraft. Was one of the best at his position for a couple years

Totally different topic but curious, who is the best analyst these days calling out OLine blocks? Used to love Madden diagramming these. Who else on TV now is good at giving credit to the trenches ?

Agreed Vilma was on the mark. I was thinking throughout the game, "who is this color guy? I need to look it up". Later found out during the broadcast it was Vilma.

The only thing he said a couple times that I disagreed with was that Harris and Rham are similar styles of RB. Don't agree with that. Harris a pure running back, one-cut, downhill, tree-trunks for legs, hits the hole quickly and violently, has fantastic cuts, balance, vision. As good of a running back as you'll find; I really like Harris, a lot.

Rham is a more than capable runner, too, but he's not quite the same. A bit more of a playmaker, looks for space/open-field more than Harris, will sometimes try to get the edge, a little lighter on his feet with jump-cuts and COD. He can still get his pad level low and run hard, too, so it's not like he's a limited player by any means, but I see the two of them as complementary pieces rather than identical ones.

The Browns’ three losses have been by a combined six points. With the margin for error that small, the importance of special teams is magnified and the Browns have come up short. Rookie Cade York’s two missed field goals, including a 54-yarder with 11 seconds left, in the two-point loss to the Chargers last week is the most obvious example.

Back