Patriots vs. Cardinals: Official Game Thread

AFAIK, BB lets his coordinators do their thing on gameday. I think he overrides only rarely. Unfortunately one of those times was the !%@!@%%&#%#* Plax catch for the TD in SB 42.

Went to the game, so I haven't read through this thread. Just a few thoughts.

So Hernandez went down with a high ankle sprain and most likely will be out 4-6 weeks. Now, obviously the game plan surrounded 81. But he goes out, and McDaniels didn't adjust in any way, shape or form. Horrific play calling, and I'm angry.

First of all, why the hell wasn't Welker out there from the get-go? They want Hernandez to play slot, seam, fullback, running back, and tight end. And they built the offense for him to do that. Great. Now what? They benched Welker, and he likely would have stayed benched, for whatever reason, if 81 hadn't gone down. This is infuriating me. You have a guy that has been Brady's #1 binky, you're paying him $9.5 mil, and you're not using him?

Great, so let's run on 1st down. And when you only get 2 yards, let's run on 2nd down for another 2 yards. Set it up for 3rd and long, and here comes the blitz. Conservative much? Rinse and repeat.

So glad we got rid of Branch, Gaffney and Stallworth and planned the whole season around a couple of tight ends, one of which is now out and the other of which has to spend most of the game blocking because our Oline is so bad. :banghead:

Honestly, I don't know what McD is thinking. If you can't change up the calls on the fly because a player goes down, you shouldn't be there. I like the guy, but he lost this game as much as anyone else on the team, if not more. He didn't call this game to the O's strengths...not much no huddle, or short passes, screens, play action, move the friggin chains. If something isn't working, why do it again? And again?

I know you don't catch as much at the game, but that's pretty much how it seemed to me. I don't want to see any more of it. And if all we have is Welker, Edelman and Lloyd, someone better call Branch, Gaffney or Stallworth, especially if Gronk is busy blocking for 3/4 of the game. And is there anyone out there that's better than Cannon or Thomas?

Also, is it me or was Jones held on virtually every other play? Looked that way from just above field level, which is where I was sitting. These refs suck dead shriveled-up balls. Go back to high school coaching.

I agree the play calling was lacking. Nothing imaginative at all. However, I don't think they held any more than we did. Donald Thomas and Cannon were weak links & both were on the right side. That also hamstrung our O. Why we didn't go no huddle earlier is my question.

The Cardinals are a tough defense. I knew that going into this game. This loss is on our offense imo. You can blame STs just as much b/c of the blocked punt and missed FG. Blame whomever you want but we didn't play well enough on offense to win this game. My jury is still deliberating how good a team we are. Consider what SD did to the Titans. Dismantled them. SD? Are we worse than SD and Norv effing Turner?

I agree the play calling was lacking. Nothing imaginative at all. However, I don't think they held any more than we did. Donald Thomas and Cannon were weak links & both were on the right side. That also hamstrung our O. Why we didn't go no huddle earlier is my question.

The Cardinals are a tough defense. I knew that going into this game. This loss is on our offense imo. You can blame STs just as much b/c of the blocked punt and missed FG. Blame whomever you want but we didn't play well enough on offense to win this game. My jury is still deliberating how good a team we are. Consider what SD did to the Titans. Dismantled them. SD? Are we worse than SD and Norv effing Turner?

Well chargers were at home, we were on the road...we dismantled the titans too, and I guess if you want to go by that...arizona barely beat seattle who destroyed the cowboys who beat the giants...so I guess we are better than the giants. What I want to know, what is different its still if the O plays bad we lose...thats how it was last year too.

Well chargers were at home, we were on the road...we dismantled the titans too, and I guess if you want to go by that...arizona barely beat seattle who destroyed the cowboys who beat the giants...so I guess we are better than the giants. What I want to know, what is different its still if the O plays bad we lose...thats how it was last year too.

Over the last 3 yrs our O carried our D. Not now. Our D played well enough to win.

it wasn't just the O that was bad.....special teams did enough by themselves to lose this game....add in the putrid O and......

Over the last 3 yrs our O carried our D. Not now. Our D played well enough to win.

And every once in awhile our Offense is not going to get 30 points in a game...I watched some pretty potent offenses this year not flying yet, so maybe its just one of those things...I mean we out gained them, we had way more first downs, and we won the turn over battle...honestly, we should have won, but as with any of our rare losses....and they are rare...some odd stuff happened...som e weird drops by guys that do not drop, a blocked punt, when does that happen? So I guess what I am saying is....I am not really that worried.

it wasn't just the O that was bad.....special teams did enough by themselves to lose this game....add in the putrid O and......

Well the offense did get 400 yards of offense, they had 250 I think, so was their offense putrid? So they won with a putrid offense? As you said though cannot have two out of the 3 go bad and still win, but we still could have, which actually is a good thing.

Well the offense did get 400 yards of offense, they had 250 I think, so was their offense putrid? So they won with a putrid offense? As you said though cannot have two out of the 3 go bad and still win, but we still could have, which actually is a good thing.

we all know yards are the ultimate yardstick of O.....:huh:

we all know yards are the ultimate yardstick of O.....:huh:

No, its not, but they did move the ball...so we know they can...as I said, some weird things happened today...the pats usually lose some games during the season and usually they are weird like this...as I said, some weird play calling, some failed ST's things that never happen, so dropped passes, a couple missed throws and you lose...

AHern: xrays = neg. MRI tomorrow to see how bad the lig damage is. 4-6 wks likely.

What I want to know, what is different its still if the O plays bad we lose...thats how it was last year too.

The O put up 4 FG in 55 mins.If the O plays THAT bad, then yeah, we are going to lose some.

The difference is:

If they did that last year the Pats D would've been down 30 odd with 5 to play.

This year they held it to 20 (13 really given the blocked punt) and the they gave the O the chance to win it in the last 5. The O went on one good drive and couldn't get the 2pt conv. Then the D forced a TO. The O couldn't get it done settled for a FG with 45 seconds to go and missed it.

The D did everything possible to put the O in a position to win that and they blew it.

The O put up 4 FG in 55 mins.If the O plays THAT bad, then yeah, we are going to lose some.

The difference is:

If they did that last year the Pats D would've been down 30 odd with 5 to play.

This year they held it to 20 (13 really given the blocked punt) and the they gave the O the chance to win it in the last 5. The O went on one good drive and couldn't get the 2pt conv. Then the D forced a TO. The O couldn't get it done settled for a FG with 45 seconds to go and missed it.

The D did everything possible to put the O in a position to win that and they blew it.

There were games last year the O did not play well...Also these are 60 minute games so in 60 minutes they scored 4 fg's and a td' if they scored 5 fg's and a td, we would have won, but it went wide left. Actually the O and the D put themselves in a position to win, and they blew it. I know you think it does not matter, but that was a hell of a drive by the offense late, or we are not kicking to win the game.

No, its not, but they did move the ball...so we know they can...as I said, some weird things happened today...the pats usually lose some games during the season and usually they are weird like this...as I said, some weird play calling, some failed ST's things that never happen, so dropped passes, a couple missed throws and you lose...

how the fu@k can you be a fan of this team and not realize yet that yards gained/given up between the 20's are meaningless:huh:...

the Pats O was putrid...they failed to make plays when they had to...

how the fu@k can you be a fan of this team and not realize yet that yards gained/given up between the 20's are meaningless:huh:...

the Pats O was putrid...they failed to make plays when they had to...

No moving the ball is not meaningless, it was just when they got down there, they sputtered. The O did make some plays late, it was just not enough.

Do you think they will use the new designation on him?

Already used on Shiancoe.

I warned about this possibility, but, oh no, no one could be more important than Shiancoe.
:banghead:

Back