Patriots vs. Cardinals: Official Game Thread

This has been a bizzaro season so far. We're more worried about the offense than the defense.

I don't think we could have asked much more from the D. 245 total yards, 4-14 3rd down %, two turnovers including the clutch one at the end. I count 13 points. I don't count the 2 yard drive. The other 7 is on the punt team. Pressure on the QB.

The punt team was awful. Before the block, there were at least two close calls.

Our worries about the O-line showed today.

And Gostkowski has no business missing a 41 yarder.

As long as the D keeps playing this way, they'll be fine. The O will get it together.

Today they were just flat for the most part. The D looked good. I think that losing AHern really took the wind out of the O's sails today. They just never seemed into the game.

Better get things figured out or next weekend is gonna be a long one.

Congrats to the Cards fans

Weird games this week...Philly almost loses to the browns then beat the ravens, the cowboys look like word beaters beating the giants then get blow out by seattle...maybe its just one of those things and we need to get off the ledge a bit.

Weird games this week...Philly almost loses to the browns then beat the ravens, the cowboys look like word beaters beating the giants then get blow out by seattle...maybe its just one of those things and we need to get off the ledge a bit.

I told everyone they shouldn't be calling Dallas and Romo good. And I LOLed when the CBS crew picked the Jests today. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

I told everyone they shouldn't be calling Dallas and Romo good. And I LOLed when the CBS crew picked the Jests today. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Early season games are just odd at least they are this year, I have not seen any team that looks like world beaters yet...

And holy crap! Rexy Ryan needs to talk Fat Rob into bypass.
Posted via Mobile Device

Early season games are just odd at least they are this year, I have not seen any team that looks like world beaters yet...

I take it you haven't watched Houston yet. You should.
Posted via Mobile Device

Say what you want about Brady but I think the horrible coaching had a greater impact on the game than Brady. Which rarely happens.

I've seen this "horrible coaching" claim from at least one or two other posters. What, exactly, does it mean?

I take it you haven't watched Houston yet. You should.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well they beat the jags and dolphins, so I will hold back before I crown them just yet.

I've seen this "horrible coaching" claim from at least one or two other posters. What, exactly, does it mean?

I at least am not liking some of the playcalling on offense...some odd calls at weird times....its like they move the ball well and then we do some silly double reverse or we do a toss sweep on 3rd and 7, or run up the middle on 3rd and 4...it seemed like toward the end of the game when they went hurry up and they were calling the plays at the line, the offense moved the ball way better....its like the playcalling is way to conservative.

Went to the game, so I haven't read through this thread. Just a few thoughts.

So Hernandez went down with a high ankle sprain and most likely will be out 4-6 weeks. Now, obviously the game plan surrounded 81. But he goes out, and McDaniels didn't adjust in any way, shape or form. Horrific play calling, and I'm angry.

First of all, why the hell wasn't Welker out there from the get-go? They want Hernandez to play slot, seam, fullback, running back, and tight end. And they built the offense for him to do that. Great. Now what? They benched Welker, and he likely would have stayed benched, for whatever reason, if 81 hadn't gone down. This is infuriating me. You have a guy that has been Brady's #1 binky, you're paying him $9.5 mil, and you're not using him?

Great, so let's run on 1st down. And when you only get 2 yards, let's run on 2nd down for another 2 yards. Set it up for 3rd and long, and here comes the blitz. Conservative much? Rinse and repeat.

So glad we got rid of Branch, Gaffney and Stallworth and planned the whole season around a couple of tight ends, one of which is now out and the other of which has to spend most of the game blocking because our Oline is so bad. :banghead:

Honestly, I don't know what McD is thinking. If you can't change up the calls on the fly because a player goes down, you shouldn't be there. I like the guy, but he lost this game as much as anyone else on the team, if not more. He didn't call this game to the O's strengths...not much no huddle, or short passes, screens, play action, move the friggin chains. If something isn't working, why do it again? And again?

I know you don't catch as much at the game, but that's pretty much how it seemed to me. I don't want to see any more of it. And if all we have is Welker, Edelman and Lloyd, someone better call Branch, Gaffney or Stallworth, especially if Gronk is busy blocking for 3/4 of the game. And is there anyone out there that's better than Cannon or Thomas?

Also, is it me or was Jones held on virtually every other play? Looked that way from just above field level, which is where I was sitting. These refs suck dead shriveled-up balls. Go back to high school coaching.

...As long as the D keeps playing this way, they'll be fine. The O will get it together.

D is looking good so far. We'll have to wait till they face a legitimate QB before we really know what we have.

Honestly, I don't know what McD is thinking. If you can't change up the calls on the fly because a player goes down, you shouldn't be there. I like the guy, but he lost this game as much as anyone else on the team, if not more. He didn't call this game to the O's strengths...not much no huddle, or short passes, screens, play action, move the friggin chains. If something isn't working, why do it again? And again?

If Charlie were there, he would have been screening like a mofo IMO.>)
That's one way to slow down a fast, aggressive defense that is getting good penetration.

Rodney was pissed at how they were so conservative @ the end w/ just setting up the FG too.

Went to the game, so I haven't read through this thread. Just a few thoughts.

So Hernandez went down with a high ankle sprain and most likely will be out 4-6 weeks. Now, obviously the game plan surrounded 81. But he goes out, and McDaniels didn't adjust in any way, shape or form. Horrific play calling, and I'm angry.

First of all, why the hell wasn't Welker out there from the get-go? They want Hernandez to play slot, seam, fullback, running back, and tight end. And they built the offense for him to do that. Great. Now what? They benched Welker, and he likely would have stayed benched, for whatever reason, if 81 hadn't gone down. This is infuriating me. You have a guy that has been Brady's #1 binky, you're paying him $9.5 mil, and you're not using him?

Great, so let's run on 1st down. And when you only get 2 yards, let's run on 2nd down for another 2 yards. Set it up for 3rd and long, and here comes the blitz. Conservative much? Rinse and repeat.

So glad we got rid of Branch, Gaffney and Stallworth and planned the whole season around a couple of tight ends, one of which is now out and the other of which has to spend most of the game blocking because our Oline is so bad. :banghead:

I know you don't catch as much at the game, but that's pretty much how it seemed to me. I don't want to see any more of it. And if all we have is Welker, Edelman and Lloyd, someone better call Branch, Gaffney or Stallworth, especially if Gronk is busy blocking for 3/4 of the game. And is there anyone out there that's better than Cannon or Thomas?

Also, is it me or was Jones held on virtually every other play? Looked that way from just above field level, which is where I was sitting. These refs suck dead shriveled-up balls. Go back to high school coaching.

McD is doing exactly what BB wants him to do & tells him to do. Don't think otherwise.

Back