Patriots vs Steelers Week 14

I saw someone post some nonsense about how the coaching staff was trying to throw the game in the second half. What a bunch of BS. The staff wanted this one bad. So did the players but I think they started to get a little scared that they were going to get exactly what they wanted and almost threw it away. :ROFLMAO:
Those who think that professional players and professional coaches would try to tank have no idea of the professional pride these people have.
You do have players like Pickens who sulk and give half hearted efforts because their egos have been tweaked. But 99% will play to win regardless of the team's record.

Those who think that professional players and professional coaches would try to tank have no idea of the professional pride these people have.
You do have players like Pickens who sulk and give half hearted efforts because their egos have been tweaked. But 99% will play to win regardless of the team's record.
Only the Certain Fans want them to Tank. I hope the pats continue to win. Just to piss them off.

Only the Certain Fans want them to Tank. I hope the pats continue to win. Just to piss them off.
I'm good with either:

Win several more - great. Ups the morale, team can focus on weak spots, sense of mission going into next season.

Lose the majority of what's left - great. High draft pick (or early rounds stockpile), bring in some young talent to shore up the weak areas, players show their commitment by driving hard to improve (or move on). Maybe draft an impact player like Gonzo (OT or QB). Go into camp with a mission.

From a fan perspective it will not be boring either way.

Joe Gibbs is not in the top five for total wins, but he's fifth all-time in playoff winning percentage.

His Washington Redskins won three Super Bowls with three different starting QBs, none of whom are in the Pro Football Hall Of Fame.

Joe Gibbs is in the HOF.
Fair, but that team was stacked with HOF players who weren’t QBs.

I saw someone post some nonsense about how the coaching staff was trying to throw the game in the second half. What a bunch of BS. The staff wanted this one bad. So did the players but I think they started to get a little scared that they were going to get exactly what they wanted and almost threw it away. :ROFLMAO:
That second half management was basically "there's no way this Steelers offense is scoring 21 points tonight"

Interpretation. ;)

GAoLZsrWIAAeko7

That second half management was basically "there's no way this Steelers offense is scoring 21 points tonight"
You saw that earlier when they turned down a procedure penalty that would have made it 2nd and long instead of 3rd and 4. "They're not picking up 4 yards", and declined the penalty you usually take every time.

Back