Pats down to 53

Karras and Grissom have both made it through to the PS, as well as rookies David Jones and Damarius Travis (who?).

Austin Carr claimed by the Saints.

:patriotlogo:

The who's were two third string safeties.Travis hit with authority.

I'm really pissed we lost Carr....

I told you if he was cut . There was no chance that he clear waivers . I think not be able to Return punts . Hurt his chances to stay on the team. After Edelman injury .

is Travis #35?

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

does keeping JE off of IR until after cuts mean they may try to bring him back this year?

is Travis #35?

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

does keeping JE off of IR until after cuts mean they may try to bring him back this year?

Travis is #35

Glad they got Foster and Hollister #2 to the PS.

When did Lucien get hurt? From Patriots.com:

In addition, the NFL’s transaction wire service confirmed that four Patriots who were cut on Saturday – wide receiver Devin Lucien, defensive lineman Woodrow Hamilton, rookie d-lineman Josh Augusta, and rookie cornerback D.J. Killings – cleared waivers and will revert back to the Patriots on New England’s injured reserve list.
?????????
The new rules confuse the hell out of me. Why did they have to clear waivers to go on IR? I thought we determined that they didn't have to clear waivers at the final cutdown.

?????????
The new rules confuse the hell out of me. Why did they have to clear waivers to go on IR? I thought we determined that they didn't have to clear waivers at the final cutdown.

Someone, somewhere here, posted what I believe was purported to be an explanation of it all. I saw some replys that seemed to say "Gee thanks for the explanation, now I get it!!". I read it and said "WTF did I just read" so I read it again and said, "Please, just shoot me." :shoot: :wave:

Cheers

?????????

It is confusing, but this has always been the case as well. I think the distinction is that, while guys like Rivers are intended to be maintained, the team isn't really interested in keeping Augusta. This latter group is waived like any other, with the distinction that, since they were injured, the player has rights to some compensation.

Often when we see these types of reversions, the team and the player come to injury settlements that shave some cost off the books for the team and allow the player to return to action later this year.

EDIT: Said differently, the team wasn't obligated to pass the player through waivers, but once they chose to they were obligated to tag the waiver with an injury designation.

Someone, somewhere here, posted what I believe was purported to be an explanation of it all. I saw some replys that seemed to say "Gee thanks for the explanation, now I get it!!". I read it and said "WTF did I just read" so I read it again and said, "Please, just shoot me." :shoot: :wave:

Cheers
Alas, I'm too stupid to understand but too stubborn to give up.

It is confusing, but this has always been the case as well. I think the distinction is that, while guys like Rivers are intended to be maintained, the team isn't really interested in keeping Augusta. This latter group is waived like any other, with the distinction that, since they were injured, the player has rights to some compensation.

Often when we see these types of reversions, the team and the player come to injury settlements that shave some cost off the books for the team and allow the player to return to action later this year.

EDIT: Said differently, the team wasn't obligated to pass the player through waivers, but once they chose to they were obligated to tag the waiver with an injury designation.
Okay, so the determining factor is the intended final destination of the player?

WANT TO KEEP THE PLAYER: Wait until last cutdown. Put on IR (player not subject to waivers). Pay player for the year but guaranteed to keep him.

DON'T WANT TO KEEP (AND THEREFORE PAY) THE PLAYER: Waive injured. Player subject to waivers. Hope someone claims him so they don't have to pay him. If no one claims the player, then end up keeping him on IR and paying him for the year.

I think if you want to put a guy on IR, you can't make up an injury, it has to be something legit-ish too. Like, they couldn't have out Carr on IR for example.

Okay, so the determining factor is the intended final destination of the player?

WANT TO KEEP THE PLAYER: Wait until last cutdown. Put on IR (player not subject to waivers). Pay player for the year but guaranteed to keep him.

DON'T WANT TO KEEP (AND THEREFORE PAY) THE PLAYER: Waive injured. Player subject to waivers. Hope someone claims him so they don't have to pay him. If no one claims the player, then end up keeping him on IR and paying him for the year.

Pretty much! :toast:

The only caveat is what I wrote above: that many (most?) of the latter group who revert back are given injury settlements rather than spending the entire year on IR.

Pats released LB Trevor Bates and signed former Minny 2016 4th rnd pick OT Willie Beavers to the PS.

He's projected to be an OG. 6'4" 330lbs. Scar has some miracle work to do with this guy.

Hopefully Trevor Bates is available down the road should a spot open up.. I'm rooting for him to make it with the Pats, even if just as a PS guy. Him being a local New England kid and all.

And yes, Willie Beavers is a great name. He can fill the pussy hole left when ****z was released. :thumb: (Really? K.u.n.t.z is censored? LOL)

Back