Pats fans: What AFC team is the biggest obstacle this year?

What AFC team stands in the way of the Pats the most?

• Stillers

Votes: 32 57.1%
  • Colts

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Chargers

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Miami had a classic "flash in the pan" year like New Orleans did a few years ago. Miami won't finish six games behind the Pats, but I think there's a good chance NE will clinch the division in Miami in early December when they play.

Parcells is due to switch jobs any day now..

In all honesty, I haven't looked at your schedule yet, or any of the other teams in your division. I just don't see anyone that I feel is capable of beating you with Brady back. I still think the AFCE is pretty weak. JMO

Also, I really don't know what to expect from my Colts this year. I'm comfortable with our offensive players at the skill positions, but that o-line needs some work (especially at LT). And I don't think the coaching changes will affect the team that much. Like always, it's our defense and special teams that has me worried. I'm hoping for improvements, but I haven't seen enough of the new guys to know if they're ready to make an impact.

If we can keep Sanders healthy, I'll be thankful! I still believe he's a difference-maker, just by stepping onto the field.

Point, but they get there often enough indicating some capability during the regular season. I don't misunderestimate Coach Sparano.

I'm not saying they aren't good but I don't assume just because they wen't 11-5 last year in a weak division without it's best player that they will automatically be better.

I haven't looked closely at the schedule they have this year in comparison to last but they do have to play a division winners schedule.

Does it sour the beer when we agree? :thumb:

Forget the AFC in general, NE needs to win the division, and barring injury, Miami is the team most likely to give them trouble - and they meet twice.

Nothing
NOTHING wrong with sowah beeah if its done right

DUCHESSE DE BOURGOGNE
from Brouwerij Verhaeghe is the traditional Flemish red ale. This refreshing ale is matured in oak casks; smooth with a rich texture and interplay of passion fruit, and chocolate, and a long, dry and acidic finish. After the first and secondary fermentation, the beer goes for maturation into the oak barrels for 18 months. The final product is a blend of younger 8 months old beer with 18 months old beer. The average age of the Duchesse de Bourgogne before being bottled is 12 months.

2006 World Beer Championships - Gold Medal "Exceptional"

Berliner Weissbier

Description:
Berliner Weisse is a top-fermented, bottle conditioned wheat beer made with both traditional warm-fermenting yeasts and lactobacillus culture. They have a rapidly vanishing head and a clear, pale golden straw-coloured appearance. The taste is refreshing, tart, sour and acidic, with a lemony-citric fruit sharpness and almost no hop bitterness.

I have brewed the above twice and it is a very refreshing beer.
Napoleon and his troops referred to it as the Champagne of the North

THE Dissident

A Flanders Style Oud Bruin

After much anticipation, we are proud to introduce our wildest brew yet – The Dissident. Arguing for more time in the cellar, this Reserve Series beer is anything but conventional. Fermented for more than 18 months in isolation from the rest of the beers, The Dissident is a distinctive Oud Bruin, Flanders-style sour brown ale, with a fruity aroma and flavor.

The Dissident pairs well with a wide variety of dishes - the high acidity is perfect for cutting creamy dishes or cooling spicy ones. Because of the fruity characteristics derived from the cherries, the beer also pairs well with chocolate.

I had this at a beerfest last Fall and it was a bit of a religious experience.

To me this is pretty easy.

The Chargers have gone 14-2, 11-5, 8-8 in the last 3 seasons. I believe they finish with a losing record and out of the playoffs.

The Colts will fight for a Wildcard spot, and won't win a game in the playoffs.

By default, that leaves the Steelers, who I honestly think will be undefeated going into the AFCCG (seriously, check their schedule, it's 72 Dolphins-esque). I don't think the Patriots will have a big problem winning that game, but since they're the only ones left, they're the biggest hurdle.

Undefeated? You can't be serious

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sGSRmemHxlo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sGSRmemHxlo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Show me the game that they'll definitely lose.

This schedule is a joke:

http://www.steelers.com/news/schedule/

Cream puff schedule, to be sure.

But one, teams go 16-0 quite rarely in the NFL. Once, actually.

And two, I could see them losing the opener to the Titans game, and I could see them losing to the Ravens in one of those two games. Also, the Norvettes, while on the wrong side of a trend, indeed, are still formidable. They still have a top 5 QB and a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. Plaing them is not a lay-up, even at home.

Cream puff schedule, to be sure.

But one, teams go 16-0 quite rarely in the NFL. Once, actually.
True, but that schedule is ugly.

And two, I could see them losing the opener to the Titans game,
Possible, but it's at home. Plus I think the Steelers are simply better.

and I could see them losing to the Ravens in one of those two games.
They don't lose to Baltimore. Plus, they're better than Baltimore.

Also, the Norvettes, while on the wrong side of a trend, indeed, are still formidable. They still have a top 5 QB and a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. Plaing them is not a lay-up, even at home.
I think it's a lay-up at home...in December.

The 2004 Patriots were light years better than the 2009 Steelers will be. And they lost. To the Miami Dolphins.

Teams lose unexpected games.

The one I actually think they might lose (if they do) is @KC, just because of where it is on the schedule. Assuming the Chiefs fans show up for the game.

Let me be clear, this is not an endorsement for the quality of the Steelers team, more of an indictment of that bullshit schedule.

Thursday, Sept. 10 vs. Titans 8:30 p.m. (NBC) LOSS
Sunday, Sept 20 @ Bears 4:15 p.m. (CBS) WIN
Sunday, Sept. 27 @ Bengals 4:15 p.m. (CBS) WIN
Sunday, Oct. 4 vs. Chargers 8:20 p.m. (NBC) WIN
Sunday, Oct. 11 @ Lions 1 p.m. (CBS) LO....WIN
Sunday, Oct. 18 vs. Browns 1 p.m. (CBS) WIN
Sunday, Oct. 25 vs. Vikings 1 p.m. (FOX) WIN
Sunday, Nov. 1 BYE
Monday, Nov. 9 @ Broncos 8:30 p.m. (ESPN) WIN
Sunday, Nov. 15 vs. Bengals 1 p.m. (CBS) WIN
Sunday, Nov. 22 @ Chiefs * 1 p.m. (CBS) LOSS
Sunday, Nov. 29 @ Ravens * 8:20 p.m. (NBC) LOSS