Pats HoF - 2014

I would respectfully disagree.

IMO Andre Tippett was just a shade below the original LT on the OLB Scale

This ^^^

Tippett is one of the 3 greatest Pats of all time, along with Brady and Hannah.
Willie was good, but doesn't even enter into the conversation with these three.

This ^^^

Tippett is one of the 3 greatest Pats of all time, along with Brady and Hannah.
Willie was good, but doesn't even enter into the conversation with these three.

Truth ^

I didn't realize Andre wasn't in the Pats HOF, and he certainly should be.

I just said Willie cuz he's hawt. :coffee:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forum Runner

From Wiki... :)

Tippett was selected to the Patriots’ 35th Anniversary Team in 1994 and was selected to the Patriots Team of the Century in 2000. He was inducted into the New England Patriots Hall of Fame in 1999.[8] Tippett was inducted into the University of Iowa Hall of Fame on September 7, 2007.

In January, 2008, he was voted by a panel of former NFL players and coaches to Pro Football Weekly's All-Time 3–4 defensive team along with Harry Carson, Lawrence Taylor, Randy Gradishar, Howie Long, Lee Roy Selmon, and Curley Culp.

He was named as one of 17 finalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Class of 2007 and 2008. As a finalist he joined other modern-era players and two players selected by the Hall of Fame’s Senior Committee in the pool from which the Hall of Fame class was selected.

The Hall of Fame’s 40-member Selection Committee met in Miami on February 3, 2007, to select the Class of 2007. Tippett was not selected for enshrinement, but he was among the top 10 finalists. The now 44-member Selection Committee met in Arizona, the day prior to Super bowl XLII, to vote on the Class of 2008. Just prior, Hall of Fame running back Eric Dickerson said, " "I think it is about time Andre Tippett is in the Hall Of Fame."

He was selected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame for the class of 2008. Tippett was inducted into the National Jewish Sports Hall of Fame in April 2009.

----

About the only good thing Ron Borges ever did in his life was champion Andre's cause in the room where HoF'ers are elected.

Oh, and Andre was Jewish. Who knew? :thumb:

http://www.patriots.com/team/history/2014hofvoting.html

This year's nominees are Ray Clayborn, Ty Law and The Big Tuna

All are worthy candidates IMO but I went with Law. IMO he was just a better CB than Clayborn (who was damn good). Parcells was hugely important to the franchise but he did quit on us after the SB and took a job with the fuggin Jests, igniting the border wars, so I picked Ty.

Parcells helped to light a fire under the ass of the franchise but the way he left will likely dent his chances of getting into the Pats HoF even if he is in Canton

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

The Pats franchise really needs to find a way for guys like Raymond Clayborn to get in. As long as the players from before 2001 need to be voted in on the internet and they are going up against players from the dynasty years they will not get in. Maybe for the next few years have two votes, one for players from after 1990 and one for players from before 1990? I just can't see anyone under 30 voting for anyone who did not wear the Flying Elvis on their helmets (save for the very few historically educated ones). With that said I still would give my vote to Ty Law. Also I LOVE Willie Mac but he is not in the same class as Tippett...That said Willie belongs in the Pats Hall, as does Clayborn and even the Tuna. I hated the way Parcells left, but he, Drew Bledoe and Mr Kraft started this rise to the top. We can not forget that he is the one who brought Bill here in the first place....oh and The Tuna drafted most of the veterans from the dynasty run.

The Pats franchise really needs to find a way for guys like Raymond Clayborn to get in. As long as the players from before 2001 need to be voted in on the internet and they are going up against players from the dynasty years they will not get in. Maybe for the next few years have two votes, one for players from after 1990 and one for players from before 1990? I just can't see anyone under 30 voting for anyone who did not wear the Flying Elvis on their helmets (save for the very few historically educated ones). With that said I still would give my vote to Ty Law. Also I LOVE Willie Mac but he is not in the same class as Tippett...That said Willie belongs in the Pats Hall, as does Clayborn and even the Tuna. I hated the way Parcells left, but he, Drew Bledoe and Mr Kraft started this rise to the top. We can not forget that he is the one who brought Bill here in the first place....oh and The Tuna drafted most of the veterans from the dynasty run.

I agree completely. It's completely unfair to have the older guys competing directly with the younger guys who are fresher on the memories of today's fans. Clayborn was a great DB and he definitely deserves to be in the Pats HOF as do many other past greats. Unfortunately, most voters are too young to know how good they were. Those players need a different way to get in.

Tuna can wait but he does ultimately deserve entry.

I agree completely. It's completely unfair to have the older guys competing directly with the younger guys who are fresher on the memories of today's fans. Clayborn was a great DB and he definitely deserves to be in the Pats HOF as do many other past greats. Unfortunately, most voters are too young to know how good they were. Those players need a different way to get in.

Tuna can wait but he does ultimately deserve entry.

The Pats do have an "old timer's" committee that does select older players for induction. However, I believe it only meets once every five years. Additionally, I don't know the criteria for labeling a player as an "old-timer".

Most of the deserving players from the earlier eras are already in the Hall. There aren't many more left. This is the current list, most of them from the pre-Super Bowl eras.

Give me Ty Law over Haynes every day. I agree, too, Ty needs to go into the Pats HOF before Harrison (although I'd be cool if they chose to put in both and changed their tradition)

Ty Law runs away with this. Maybe Rodney gets in next year. Fvck Parcels. His lifetime average is .570 and his record with the Pats is only .500 with two winning seasons and two horrible seasons. No way does he deserve a HOF nod. Dwane's record (yes, that is Parcels' real name) with the JEST is .604 so he can go in their worthless HOF.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ty Law runs away with this. Maybe Rodney gets in next year. Fvck Parcels. His lifetime average is .570 and his record with the Pats is only .500 with two winning seasons and two horrible seasons. No way does he deserve a HOF nod. Dwane's record (yes, that is Parcels' real name) with the JEST is .604 so he can go in their worthless HOF. Posted via Mobile Device
I agree he should not even be in the debate for Patriots HOF.

Back