Pats showing interest in trading for Patrick Peterson?

Pneumonic

Reaction score
Do they even have the cap room this year to take on his remaining contract if true?

Man, dreaming some here. Adding Peterson to Gilmore would give us a pair of lockdown m2m corners freeing up our safeties to range all over the place in the secondary; blitz, in the box, side shades and TE coverage. Would also improve our pass rush exponentially.

Bryant McFadden‏Verified account @BMac_SportsTalk

<s>#</s>Saints <s>#</s>Eagles <s>#</s>Pats are all showing interest in trading for <s>@</s>P2. Per source Patrick Peterson. <s>#</s>WhoDatNation <s>#</s>FlyEaglesFly <s>#</s>PatsNation

6:03 PM - 22 Oct 2018

Do they even have the cap room this year to take on his remaining contract if true?

Man, dreaming some here. Adding Peterson to Gilmore would give us a pair of lockdown m2m corners freeing up our safeties to range all over the place in the secondary; blitz, in the box, side shades and TE coverage. Would also improve our pass rush exponentially.

Bryant McFadden‏Verified account @BMac_SportsTalk

<s>#</s>Saints <s>#</s>Eagles <s>#</s>Pats are all showing interest in trading for <s>@</s>P2. Per source Patrick Peterson. <s>#</s>WhoDatNation <s>#</s>FlyEaglesFly <s>#</s>PatsNation

6:03 PM - 22 Oct 2018

They don't have anywhere close to enough cap room.

Also, unless he plays safety, I'm not sure he helps you all that much right now.

He's going to the Chiefs. He wants to play for a team with a future.

I see minimum of a 1st round pick. Who are they going to throw in to get under the cap

He's going to the Chiefs. He wants to play for a team with a future.

How much cap space do the Chiefs need to make room for him? 5.8M

How much cap space do the Chiefs have? 6.1M

Good luck with that.

You're becoming tiresome and I suspect you won't be around much longer.

If everybody would just stop responding to this douchewaffle or put him on ignore like I did he'd go away.

You guys are your own worst enemies with this shit.

How much cap space do the Chiefs need to make room for him? 5.8M

How much cap space do the Chiefs have? 6.1M

Good luck with that.

We were getting close to signing Earl Thomas before he was injured. My understanding is we have several restructures ready if needed. Probably Justin Houston and Eric Berry. Also we've been talking with the Cards for 2 weeks already. Our only issue is they're going to want something more than pick #32.

Hey, jackass...I don't know if your comment is in response to me...but that's the beauty of the ignore feature. I can't read it unless I choose to. Seeing as you're a total assclown, I choose not to. So, save your efforts.

We were getting close to signing Earl Thomas before he was injured. My understanding is we have several restructures ready if needed. Probably Justin Houston and Eric Berry. Also we've been talking with the Cards for 2 weeks already. Our only issue is they're going to want something more than pick #32.

You can't free up enough. Thanks for playing.

Damn guys .Grow your skin a little thicker. Just trying to throw a little smack. I do apologize.

You guys get all riled up over this guy, he is harmless. At least he's not that pickle smoocher Clay who wants everyone to suck his volcano dick. I still have never heard such a stupid phrase, figures it would come from a dumbass like Clay

Oh and Hogman, don't talk about thick skin, Chiefs Planet is a cesspool of giant twats. Some idiot telling Clay that if we lost to Chicago that "he MUST come and invade the planet again". Clay amounts to a squirt of piss in the ocean, he a is meaningless. Like he comes here and does damage with his stupidity

I see minimum of a 1st round pick. Who are they going to throw in to get under the cap

The problem - the Pats have $5.3M in cap space and Peterson's remaining salary is $5.8M. In addition the Pats would need an additional $2-$3M to cover LTBE bonuses and emergency additions.

The Pats can do it if they want to but it would take some effort and a cut or trade of another player or the Cardinals would have to convert some of his salary to a signing bonus.

How?
1. https://www.bostonsportsjournal.com/2018/10/17/cap-crunch-part-ii-can-patriots-create-cap-space/

Miguel spells it all out for us. He uses Jaime Collins & his $12M salary instead of Peterson & his $15M salary but the same principles apply. Peterson's contract is actually better to do this with because his 2019 cap hit is currently only $1.3M and his 2010 hit is only $600,000 give or take.

2. https://nesn.com/2018/10/patriots-showing-interest-in-patrick-peterson-according-to-cornerback/

Doug Kyed makes it more simple to understand.

In the end, Peterson would be a great addition but don't we need help at other positions first? LB for example? But if no LBs are available I'd absolutely try to add Peterson.

The answer at LB is youth and speed and coverage ability. IMO it’ll only get handled via the draft.

That being said, Peterson would be a STUD under Bill. 2 lock down CBs would allow more nickel and dime for S to help the LB coverage weaknesses. Depending on cost(picks), they HAVE to make this happen.

The answer at LB is youth and speed and coverage ability. IMO it’ll only get handled via the draft.

That being said, Peterson would be a STUD under Bill. 2 lock down CBs would allow more nickel and dime for S to help the LB coverage weaknesses. Depending on cost(picks), they HAVE to make this happen.

BB hasn't been any better at drafting a smaller faster 'new age' LB than he's been at drafting CBs or WRs. Just sayin...
Nevertheless, adding Peterson is a no brainer if at all possible, no matter what other needs may be.

BB hasn't been any better at drafting a smaller faster 'new age' LB than he's been at drafting CBs or WRs. Just sayin...
Nevertheless, adding Peterson is a no brainer if at all possible, no matter what other needs may be.

Agree.

I think it’s high time Bill assesses who has ID’d successful LBers in today’s game and pilfered them from other teams. He’s not seeing something.

Then again, we’re going on 20 yrs at WR with basically only a 7th round flyer as our HR.

It's easy this coming draft. Take Devin Bush.

Back