Pats vs Titans, Week 10, 2018

Mike Vrabel to Tennessee reporters today on Malcolm Butler. Added that he hasn't considered starting backup LeShaun Sims over Butler because "I don't think he's as good as Malcolm in the way he practices and where I see him going."

DrWMMNEVsAAo4-D.jpg

The Pats have had big issues with their secondary coverage due to their not having a rock solid secondary coach. M-2-M press coverage requires coverage personnel to be able to play the WR and the ball simultaneously. Pats get way too many holding or PI penalties resulting from not being able to play the secondary coverage correctly. Neither Josh Boyer or Steve Belichick are adequate coaches who for years now just haven't been able to get that M-2-M press or otherwise coverage done. I can justify very infrequent missed or broken coverage but every single game there are too MANY secondary coverage issues that allows opponents to get many easy points.

Actually glad Pats just brought in Obi because also sick of seeing dwarfs like Chung covering giants like GB Graham last week. Obi being 6'4", 225, 4.4 40 makes him a very gifted athlete. Hopefully he will be able to be a significant contributor and looking forward to seeing #22. :coffee:

I'm glad there's a bye after this. I'm also glad the defense is starting to look stout. I feel like this is the type of game where BB will come out with a very vanilla game plan on offense and let the defense dictate.

If they could get to 8-2 into the bye it would really be money. 4 of the last 6 are division games with the last 2 at home.

I think at Pitt is the toughest game left, but based on history absolutely winnable. Steelers have a hideous mental block about the Patriots.

Always nervous about at Miami, just because of history, but they should still win that.

Not worried about the Vikings up here, either. I like a home December game against them.

That's good to hear. He really needed those weeks off and the team responded well in his absence.
Are they giving him dola treatment . Keeping him fresh for playoffs . He's been rarely used in passing game

Random prediction.

I keep noticing Derek Rivers carefully paying attention on the sidelines even though he isn't getting many snaps at all.

Not until this week. I think the kid is going to get a chance, because he has really good speed and paid pretty good attention to his edge responsibilities in preseason and he may be suited to help deal with Mariota getting out of the pocket. If not this week, then soon.

The Pats have had big issues with their secondary coverage due to their not having a rock solid secondary coach. M-2-M press coverage requires coverage personnel to be able to play the WR and the ball simultaneously. Pats get way too many holding or PI penalties resulting from not being able to play the secondary coverage correctly. Neither Josh Boyer or Steve Belichick are adequate coaches who for years now just haven't been able to get that M-2-M press or otherwise coverage done. I can justify very infrequent missed or broken coverage but every single game there are too MANY secondary coverage issues that allows opponents to get many easy points.

Actually glad Pats just brought in Obi because also sick of seeing dwarfs like Chung covering giants like GB Graham last week. Obi being 6'4", 225, 4.4 40 makes him a very gifted athlete. Hopefully he will be able to be a significant contributor and looking forward to seeing #22. :coffee:

Melifonwu hasn't done a damn thing in pro tackle football yet except look good in pads. Chung might be small, but he's determined, can cover and tackle and ignores the bumps and bruises and gives it up for his team.

We have bigger issues than worrying about Patrick Chung. That guy is a pro.

Mike Reiss‏Verified account @MikeReiss <small class="time"> 3m3 minutes ago </small>
As the Patriots depart for Tennessee, TE Rob Gronkowski has joined teammates as part of the traveling party, per a source. He is questionable. Expectation has been that Gronkowski won’t play, but nothing official until Bill Belichick makes the final call 90 minutes before kickoff

Reports of Gronk not playing are premature.

Mike Reiss‏Verified account @MikeReiss <small class="time"> 3m3 minutes ago </small>
As the Patriots depart for Tennessee, TE Rob Gronkowski has joined teammates as part of the traveling party, per a source. He is questionable. Expectation has been that Gronkowski won’t play, but nothing official until Bill Belichick makes the final call 90 minutes before kickoff

Reports of Gronk not playing are premature.

If both Michel and Burkhead are back I give him the game and the bye to get right for the stretch.

Only stock I put in this is to keep Vrabel on his toes in preparation.

If both Michel and Burkhead are back I give him the game and the bye to get right for the stretch.

Only stock I put in this is to keep Vrabel on his toes in preparation.

Didn't Burkhead need to be activated today or else he's still on IR?

Burkhead cannot be activated until the Minnesota game, 12/2. He's currently in the 3 game practice period.

James white is having a career year . Being Brady #1 target. Leading the team in Receptions. He's the only healthy RB left on team.

go tits! Give my chiefs some breathing room!!!!

Back