Pepper Johnson Out

Reaction score
Didn't see this anywhere

“Today marks a new day for me. Today is a new day full of promise and hope. It is also a day to reflect, as I embark upon a new journey. Today is the first day in 13 years that I am not a part of the New England Patriots, although I will always be a Patriot in my heart. Today also marks the first day in 26 years that I am not working in some capacity with one of greatest head coaches of all time, as well as my friend, Bill Belichick.

“Football is my life. From putting my body on the line, my hand in the dirt, to teaching others to do the same, this will continue for me. ... I have big dreams and goals and they all involve football. So as I soak in this new day and embark on wherever my new path takes me, I shall embrace this new chapter in my life.

“I thank the entire New England Patriot organization for the last 13 years of my life. I am proud of all the things we have accomplished. The Kraft family is one of a kind and I will always be grateful to them and hold them in the highest regard. Bill Belichick and I have been working together in some capacity for 26 years and I am who I am because of it. To have five Super Bowl rings (two as a player, three as a coach) and all of them with Bill has been a blessing. I could never have asked for a better coach/boss/friend in those 26 years. Thanks for always supporting me and I know Bill will continue to support me no matter what.

“Thank you New England Patriot fans; I will miss you the most.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4758021/pepper-johnson-on-leaving-pats

Reading between the lines Pepper was canned.

It doesn't seem that he knows what he will be doing going forward and his words suggest that he was more than happy here, so......????

Apparently Bill wasn't pleased with the play of the linebackers.

I don't know what else to think.

It doesn't seem that he knows what he will be doing going forward and his words suggest that he was more than happy here, so......????

I thought Collins made huge leaps, and well, frankly most of the others were injured. Do you think maybe Pepper just got hired elsewhere for a bigger position or something?

Perhaps, but I do recall hearing stories before Patricia was named DC that Pepper wanted the job and if he didn't get it there was a possibility he'd be upset and leave.

Maybe this is a move to improve his chances of getting a DC job.

How close is he to RAC? Could he be moving to Texas with the thought that he's heir apparent to RAC?

Best wishes to you always, Pepper.

Thanks for bringing your knowledge and passion to New England wuv

Perhaps, but I do recall hearing stories before Patricia was named DC that Pepper wanted the job and if he didn't get it there was a possibility he'd be upset and leave.

Maybe this is a move to improve his chances of getting a DC job.

How close is he to RAC? Could he be moving to Texas with the thought that he's heir apparent to RAC?

I though I read HOuston hired Vrable as LBs coach

That's how I read it, too. Kind of a bummer.

Always loved Pepper, will be sad to see him go.

Not drawing any conclusions until we find out if he was canned or is leaving on his own. Sometimes new blood is good for an organization.

Would Greg Schiano be a candidate to replace Pepper?

That sucks. I thought he did a good job, but, maybe he left for greener pastures?

Good luck to you Pepper. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication to my favorite team. You will be missed. :sulk:

Maybe Pepper saw writing on the wall. Belichick has shown more frustration than I have ever seen him display. Patriots have been to 3 straight AFC Championships and have no rings to show for it. What are the odds of getting to a 4th straight?

Maybe Pepper just needs a rest.

I don't know why Belicheck would be upset with Pepper to the point he would fire him. I don't think the LB position was a problem. Hightower didn't play well for awhile but towards the end of season he improved so much.

If anything i think we need a better secondary coach. Also, I don't think Matt Patricia is that great of a DC.

Back