Players react to boos

I think Tom is doing image control. He can't say "eff the fans."

I don't boo. I don't think people should boo their squad. I understand why people were frustrated today, I just don't see what it accomplishes other than making the fans look like a bunch of spoiled babies who don't support the team.

I get your point. I'll openly admit that it's a reaction that is born of utter frustration that I can't control at that very moment. I still think it's insignificant.

SO....how many of you give 100% in your jobs every week? Plus how many of you can make up for your supervisors' mistakes? I make my living from my communities' paychecks, I am a teacher. I would not like to have every move I make checked by my "fans". That said I understand the boo mentality...but this team won the AFC East and made the playoffs. I am pretty tired of the mentality of Patriots fans the last few years. It has become Superbowl win or it is a bust season. This is an unfair expectation. The assistant coaches, the player personnel staff, the veteran leaders that have left over the last three seasons is an amazing amount of leadership and talent. We are lucky to have a team that can "live on past performances". There are teams out there that are like our team from the late 80's early 90's. Fans should be pissed about today's performance. But honestly Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are as much (if not more) to blame than ANYONE ELSE. They get a break from me...whether they deserve it or not. That said, this may be the end of the prime of Tom Brady and Randy Moss being together and a window is closing, but there is nothing we can do about injury. Tom Brady just came off a major injury. The O-line has been hit hard all season and the D-line took it hard at the end of the season. Now they lost Wes Welker. It is not an excuse but these are things beyond the team's ability to "make up for it". This is my favorite team and has been for a long time. It will continue to be my favorite team. We have all been spoiled...but there is a salary cap and the league is supposed to have parity. We have been sooo lucky to have on of the teams that prospers in spite of it. I just hope that we do not become the 49ers of the late 90's....

Yeah all this...good post.

SO....how many of you give 100% in your jobs every week? Plus how many of you can make up for your supervisors' mistakes? I make my living from my communities' paychecks, I am a teacher. I would not like to have every move I make checked by my "fans". That said I understand the boo mentality...but this team won the AFC East and made the playoffs. I am pretty tired of the mentality of Patriots fans the last few years. It has become Superbowl win or it is a bust season. This is an unfair expectation. The assistant coaches, the player personnel staff, the veteran leaders that have left over the last three seasons is an amazing amount of leadership and talent. We are lucky to have a team that can "live on past performances". There are teams out there that are like our team from the late 80's early 90's. Fans should be pissed about today's performance. But honestly Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are as much (if not more) to blame than ANYONE ELSE. They get a break from me...whether they deserve it or not. That said, this may be the end of the prime of Tom Brady and Randy Moss being together and a window is closing, but there is nothing we can do about injury. Tom Brady just came off a major injury. The O-line has been hit hard all season and the D-line took it hard at the end of the season. Now they lost Wes Welker. It is not an excuse but these are things beyond the team's ability to "make up for it". This is my favorite team and has been for a long time. It will continue to be my favorite team. We have all been spoiled...but there is a salary cap and the league is supposed to have parity. We have been sooo lucky to have on of the teams that prospers in spite of it. I just hope that we do not become the 49ers of the late 90's....

+1 Gr8 post! Another thing that dynasty teams always tend to acquire are bandwagon fans. A few less of them after a loss like this won't be a bad thing.

My ass would get in trouble for giving the 50% some of them gave today.:shrug: It is not about Super Bowl or bust Roachie, it is about giving effort. They didn't. Do you give half ass to your students? I doubt it.:shrug:

I don't know how people on their couches or even in the stands can know how much effort was being given. Sometimes you try and just flat out suck :shrug:

Fans can boo all they want, but don't be surprised that it doesn't fire up the team.

BTW...Vince haters. He took double teams all day long and performed a very high level. This was a HOME playoff game with no support from it's home field fans. I don't blame anyone who went to this game who is pissed. ( for the record I am glad that I was not able to come up with the cash myself) You stated your opinions by yelling and booing. I am not saying that you are wrong. But keep in mind that many of those players did perform well in spite of a weak performance from their teammates. Vince was NOT part of the problem today...he stated his opinion just the same way that the fans stated theirs. I still feel that this was much more of a coaching issue than it was a playing issue.

My ass would get in trouble for giving the 50% some of them gave today.:shrug: It is not about Super Bowl or bust Roachie, it is about giving effort. They didn't. Do you give half ass to your students? I doubt it.:shrug:

I think you are confusing not giving effort to just the other team played better today.

How do you judge effort?

I don't know how people on their couches or even in the stands can know how much effort was being given. Sometimes you try and just flat out suck :shrug:

Fans can boo all they want, but don't be surprised that it doesn't fire up the team.
this does not include me as i was either in the kitchen cutting chicken up to fry or on my recliner

no couch for this fan who gave 110% in my game prep and execution

this does not include me as i was either in the kitchen cutting chicken up to fry or on my recliner

no couch for this fan who gave 110% in my game prep and execution

I would boo you for anything less ;)

I think you are confusing not giving effort to just the other team played better today.

Like Ravenz said, no one knows how much effort is given or lack there of.

I agree. It's just a pet peeve I have.

Understandable. I think we're all extremely disappointed with the outcome and vent/express in different ways.

How do you judge effort?

Effort is not judged by losing, I am very sure they tried very hard to win today, they just didnt, and sometimes when it starts going bad you dont recover.

This is true. I guess I was just waiting for someone, anyone, to be pacing the sideline screaming (circa old TB pacing and screaming etc) I didnt see it. I saw dejection very early that never changed.:shrug:

I NEVER do. (half ass my students). But I do not have to perform physically at 100% all the time either. I do not disagree with all of the negativity today here or at the game. I guess I am trying to stay positive. Today's game sucked. It sucked like the SB that will not be named. SImilar in the gut pain. Similar not taking to my friends who came to my house to enjoy the game. Similar taking down the banners, magnets, flags and mini helmets in disgust. However this is my team and I will back them even when they really suck ass....

Yeah, do you get your Rochie name cuz you let your kids blaze up in class cuz you dont care? Let them leave? Not do their homework? Give em all a B cuz you just dont feel like grading? All right then. That is the effort level we got from them today.

This is true. I guess I was just waiting for someone, anyone, to be pacing the sideline screaming (circa old TB pacing and screaming etc) I didnt see it. I saw dejection very early that never changed.:shrug:

Maybe he was ...dejected.:shrug: Him jumping up and down and screaming was probably not going to help today, I understand why him and the team were upset. I am sure they expected more, but sometimes you dont have enough horses and it catches up with you.

There was a great shot of Faulk trying to fire everyone up. I miss seeing that from Brady, also. I think this team is missing defensive leadership as well - that's why Seau was brought back.

I don't think they laid down for this game or anything.

Everyone vents in their own way, I guess.

I NEVER do. (half ass my students). But I do not have to perform physically at 100% all the time either. I do not disagree with all of the negativity today here or at the game. I guess I am trying to stay positive. Today's game sucked. It sucked like the SB that will not be named. SImilar in the gut pain. Similar not taking to my friends who came to my house to enjoy the game. Similar taking down the banners, magnets, flags and mini helmets in disgust. However this is my team and I will back them even when they really suck ass....

I wouldn't go that far. However, we were down for the count in the first quarter which is something we didn't experience in the GTSNBM.

Yeah, do you get your Rochie name cuz you let your kids blaze up in class cuz you dont care? Let them leave? Not do their homework? Give em all a B cuz you just dont feel like grading? All right then. That is the effort level we got from them today.

I just think it was you not cheering hard enough. I am not happy with your level of cheering you did today, seemed like you just didnt have the passion.

This aint about loyalty or spoiled fandom. I will be here again next season like the last several decades. That doesn't mean I forego my right as their client customer and ultimate boss to voice my displeasure with their effort.

Back