Poll: Bucs or Brady?

What's more important to you: Pats doing great even wo TB or Brady doing great ?

• Still care more about the fortunes of the Patriots

Votes: 27 93.1%
  • Want to see Brady kick ass as a Buc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Care equally or don't care at all

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oldbagfan

No touchy
Reaction score
We've had discussions in the past as to whether your allegience is more with the player or the team. Now that hypothetical has become a real life choice. So what's your opinion now? Are you more interested to see the Bucs do well with Brady at the controls and maybe even become top tier, or still care more that the Patriots sans Brady continue their phenomenal run and win the division (even the SB) with their new Brady-less team?

Maybe it's just my age and me realizing that there are way more important things in life but I remember being way more pissed when Belichick benched Bledsoe for Brady than I am about Brady leaving for Tamp Bay. :shrug:

Pats first, Brady 2nd, I still want TFB to succeed, just not against the Pats.

Pats always first.

I'll root for Tom to do well in Tampa as long as he's not playing the Pats.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

We've had discussions in the past as to whether your allegience is more with the player or the team. Now that hypothetical has become a real life choice. So what's your opinion now? Are you more interested to see the Bucs do well with Brady at the controls and maybe even become top tier, or still care more that the Patriots sans Brady continue their phenomenal run and win the division (even the SB) with their new Brady-less team?

It’s only about the laundry. I’m fine with every other NFL team going 0-16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Although I've been a Pat's fan since 1957, this is the biggest F---Up I have witnessed their making even before Kraft. It should be real easy to see who's the real who is in the TFB & BB zoo. That sunrise will become a quick observation depending on what Arians and his coaches do with this year's FA, Draft, etc. They have one piece they know is the real deal and that is the GOAT.

The Pats now will NEVER make another SB with ANY other QB for a long, long, long time. The current uplift in AFC teams Ravens, Chiefs, Titans, etc.is another reasons towards sanctioning this from a competition perspective.

If 2020 Bucs load TFB up with RBs, WRs, TEs and a strong and fast Oline with a good D, they could be in it this season, assuming they will be playing OTAs, RTCs, etc. soon.

I will be watching Pats on NFL Red Zone to see how TFB and other new Ssis doing, but have to stay with the Pats. Welcome to the new NE Pats Sinusoidal Team at it's best.... :banghead: :coffee: :stirpot:

I honestly surprised myself because I'm not that affected about Brady leaving. I'm just looking forward to how the team will do with Stidham. Also, I'm a bit weary about the new uniforms, but really, really intrigued.

As far as Brady, maybe I'll catch a game or two if the stars align, but overall I don't really care how he does in comparison to the Pats.

I've been a Patriots fan since the day John Hannah was drafted and that's not changing now. I'm also a fan of Bill Belichick. I love to watch him rebuild the team every. damn. year. Setting value, letting prime players go at great expense to other teams, signing unheralded new players who show promise on the cheap as replacements then coaching them up to succeed in the role he wanted. He's amazing to watch as the Pats' chief cook and bottle washer. He always has a plan and more often than not his plan works.

I've also been a fan of Brady. He won a lot of games for my team. But he's on another team now. We've seen the same thing happen with many other players under BB's watchful eye and tight purse strings. Seymour, Branch...the list grows every year...Milloy, Law, Bledsoe...KVN, Brady. I'll be curious how he does in Tampa under Arians - who never saw a 10 yd pass he couldn't turn into a 30 yd pass - with so many great weapons around him. I'll keep up but I won't be glued to the TV. I wish him well but I'll also turn a deaf ear to any talk comparing his record to the Pats' record in 2020. Apples/oranges. Brady is being dropped into the perfect situation in Tampa Bay. Expectations are sky high. He can't possibly fail.

So we're in a familiar place once again; the time is here for the next guy up to carry on. I'll be right there pulling for him, cheering for him just as I've always done. The Patriots are my team. Belichick is my coach. That hasn't changed - I'm at peace.

although i've been a pat's fan since 1957, this is the biggest f---up i have witnessed their making even before kraft. It should be real easy to see who's the real who is in the tfb & bb zoo. That sunrise will become a quick observation depending on what arians and his coaches do with this year's fa, draft, etc. They have one piece they know is the real deal and that is the goat.

The pats now will never make another sb with any other qb for a long, long, long time. The current uplift in afc teams ravens, chiefs, titans, etc.is another reasons towards sanctioning this from a competition perspective.

If 2020 bucs load tfb up with rbs, wrs, tes and a strong and fast oline with a good d, they could be in it this season, assuming they will be playing otas, rtcs, etc. Soon.

I will be watching pats on nfl red zone to see how tfb and other new ssis doing, but have to stay with the pats. Welcome to the new ne pats sinusoidal team at it's best.... :banghead: :coffee: :stirpot:

:4321:

Belichick has gotten away with a lot of awful personal moves because of TFB. No other QB would have won those seahawks and falcons Super Bowls. Plenty of other coaches out there fill holes with random free agents, and keep guys in the pipeline for next year. No other coach had Brady and that’s been the difference. I’ll always be a Pats fan number one, but I can’t stand Belichick, and I’ll be very happy when he’s gone. It’s gonna be a rough few years for the Patriots. I’m not happy about it. I’m sad and angry towards BB. It didn’t have to be this way.
I’m definitely cheering for Brady. If it can’t be the Pats I want to see him win the super bowl. I’m gonna be following Tampa closely. It’s easy for me. I’ve always liked Tampa going back to the gruden days. I have a bunch of friends who like Tampa, and I’ve tried to like them. It’s not like they ever play the Pats.
I’m not remotely expecting the Patriots to make the playoffs or have a shot at the postseason. If they still had a shot at the Super Bowl it might make things different. I don’t even really view these two teams as being in the same league at this point though. Brady should still be here. Why do y’all think the free agents wanted to come here over the years? It wasn’t Belichick that’s for sure. Why do you think BB was able to negotiate hard with players? It’s because Brady led the way with agreeing to reasonable deals.
BB gets a lot of credit for things that happened because of Tom. The next two seasons will see him exposed. I’m not happy about it. I just hope it goes by quickly and the next era starts sooner than later. It’s time for him to retire. In the meantime I’m gonna enjoy watching Brady continue to kick ass, and lament the fact that he’s not still here.
It doesn’t matter how bad the team around Brady is. If he was here, every January this team would be in it.

Belichick has gotten away with a lot of awful personal moves because of TFB. No other QB would have won those seahawks and falcons Super Bowls. Plenty of other coaches out there fill holes with random free agents, and keep guys in the pipeline for next year. No other coach had Brady and that’s been the difference. I’ll always be a Pats fan number one, but I can’t stand Belichick, and I’ll be very happy when he’s gone. It’s gonna be a rough few years for the Patriots. I’m not happy about it. I’m sad and angry towards BB. It didn’t have to be this way.
I’m definitely cheering for Brady. If it can’t be the Pats I want to see him win the super bowl. I’m gonna be following Tampa closely. It’s easy for me. I’ve always liked Tampa going back to the gruden days. I have a bunch of friends who like Tampa, and I’ve tried to like them. It’s not like they ever play the Pats.
I’m not remotely expecting the Patriots to make the playoffs or have a shot at the postseason. If they still had a shot at the Super Bowl it might make things different. I don’t even really view these two teams as being in the same league at this point though. Brady should still be here. Why do y’all think the free agents wanted to come here over the years? It wasn’t Belichick that’s for sure. Why do you think BB was able to negotiate hard with players? It’s because Brady led the way with agreeing to reasonable deals.
BB gets a lot of credit for things that happened because of Tom. The next two seasons will see him exposed. I’m not happy about it. I just hope it goes by quickly and the next era starts sooner than later. It’s time for him to retire. In the meantime I’m gonna enjoy watching Brady continue to kick ass, and lament the fact that he’s not still here.
It doesn’t matter how bad the team around Brady is. If he was here, every January this team would be in it.

Not to discredit Brady in the least, but I have never in my 28 years watching football seen him play defense.

In Belichick I trust.

Polls ofgten don't quite fit my heeds. Needless to say there is a huge share if not a majority share who are and always will be laundry first who also want Brady to kick ass. He will never stop being a Patriot in my eyes. And I can't not wish him well in all he does.

Cheers

Not to discredit Brady in the least, but I have never in my 28 years watching football seen him play defense.

In Belichick I trust.

Hey, I’ll admit I trusted his def to get at least one stop against Nick Fowls in that Eagles super bowl. I don’t trust Belichick anymore. And for many more reasons that just that game. We’ll see how well the defense does without a QB and offense that takes care of the football like Brady.

I’m not remotely expecting the Patriots to make the playoffs or have a shot at the postseason. If they still had a shot at the Super Bowl it might make things different. I don’t even really view these two teams as being in the same league at this point though. Brady should still be here. Why do y’all think the free agents wanted to come here over the years? It wasn’t Belichick that’s for sure. Why do you think BB was able to negotiate hard with players? It’s because Brady lead the way with agreeing to reasonable deals.

I 100% agree with your post! My major BB issue was that he was allowed to punish TFB last year with a TOTALLY inept Offensive Line with piss poor blocking TEs. I do not want to hear from ANYONE that BB could not have fixed this because he could have if he wanted to do so. ALL 17 GAMES last year TFB got POUNDED and BB intentionally put in sick or injured OLmen and made little to no initiative to permanently fix this issue as the season progressed.

I will be watching NFL Red Zone this year so I can watch the Bucs scoring TDs and the Pats D winning games for them, assuming BB will keep some of the D players. We may soon see some of the Pats O players want out of their contracts to go play for Bucs, too.

Really looking forward to the 1st game between Bucs (Brady) & Saints (Brees) because that game will set the standard bar for the NFC this year. 49ers will also be in this team containment and these Bucs/Saints vs 49ers games are NFL having these two QBs in the same NFC South Division is an exiting situation where AFC now has AFC West Mahomes II, AFC North Jackson, AFC South Watson, AFC South Tannehill/Mariota might not be in the same division but have a high probability will play each other during the regular 2020 season.

Hopefully we'll be able to see some NFL this coming season!! o:)

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

polls ofgten don't quite fit my heeds. Needless to say there is a huge share if not a majority share who are and always will be laundry first who also want brady to kick ass. He will never stop being a patriot in my eyes. And i can't not wish him well in all he does.

Cheers

:4321:

I've been a Patriots fan since the day John Hannah was drafted and that's not changing now. I'm also a fan of Bill Belichick. I love to watch him rebuild the team every. damn. year. Setting value, letting prime players go at great expense to other teams, signing unheralded new players who show promise on the cheap as replacements then coaching them up to succeed in the role he wanted. He's amazing to watch as the Pats' chief cook and bottle washer. He always has a plan and more often than not his plan works.

I've also been a fan of Brady. He won a lot of games for my team. But he's on another team now. We've seen the same thing happen with many other players under BB's watchful eye and tight purse strings. Seymour, Branch...the list grows every year...Milloy, Law, Bledsoe...KVN, Brady. I'll be curious how he does in Tampa under Arians - who never saw a 10 yd pass he couldn't turn into a 30 yd pass - with so many great weapons around him. I'll keep up but I won't be glued to the TV. I wish him well but I'll also turn a deaf ear to any talk comparing his record to the Pats' record in 2020. Apples/oranges. Brady is being dropped into the perfect situation in Tampa Bay. Expectations are sky high. He can't possibly fail.

So we're in a familiar place once again; the time is here for the next guy up to carry on. I'll be right there pulling for him, cheering for him just as I've always done. The Patriots are my team. Belichick is my coach. That hasn't changed - I'm at peace.

Is this seat taken? Skooch over.

Back