Preseason Game 2 - Pats vs Eagles Aug. 19, Thurs. 7:30PM

The most important things I'm looking for tonight:

QB: What are they asking each QB to do? What plays are they calling for each? Does Mac get any time with (and against) full starters?
OL: How does our OL hold up against another really strong DL? I'm especially interested to see how Onwenu holds up against Cox, when that's the matchup.
WR: Can our WRs get separation against an average-to-weak DB corps? How are they going to use Harry, and does he come through?
TE: Can Asiasi show something that would make anyone think we could get something from him this year?

DBs: There's some talent and depth in the Eagles WR, and especially when you lump in the TEs. Much more so than v. WFT. How do they hold up without Gilmore and Jones? I'm specifically looking at Williams and Mills, but also at Phillips (and to some extent Duggar) vs. the TEs. How much of a difference does having McCourty's steady presence back there make?
Front 7: Who is getting time with the starters? How much time will they give Barmore, and how disruptive can he be?

I'm assuming, of course, that the coaches communicated and will actually be playing starters for a reasonable amount of minutes. If not, this list changes pretty dramatically.
Eagles have better weapons than Redskins? I don't agree...

Eagles have better weapons than Redskins? I don't agree...
Remember, Samuels was out. I like McLaurin, but as a whole I'll take Reagor/Watkins/Ward/Goedert/Ertz...and who knows what DeVonta Smith may bring to the table. It's the depth that should be a big test for our DBs in this case.

Remember, Samuels was out. I like McLaurin, but as a whole I'll take Reagor/Watkins/Ward/Goedert/Ertz...and who knows what DeVonta Smith may bring to the table. It's the depth that should be a big test for our DBs in this case.
I agree. The Eagles will be a better test for us.

I don't understand why the Pats don't try the rookie kicker on kickoffs.

Back