Preseason Game 2 - Pats vs Eagles Aug. 19, Thurs. 7:30PM

This a really solid post. Even though I disagree with some of it, it was well balanced and reasoned. I appreciate you taking the time to put that down.

I will just say this really quickly, Brady even at age 42 or now 44 is not like every other QB. Bill saw him every day for 20 years and knew and he was not dealing with the typical QB so moving on from him due to age is silly given his performance and durability. Bill values those things greatly regardless of age.

Second, Brady staying was not about contending for another Super Bowl. The guy had already won 6. It was about continuing to be a competitive/playoff team while also allowing the GOAT to finish his career a Patriot. I can't emphasize the second half enough. We did not have a viable QB to replace him so allowing him to finish was the smartest thing to do both football wise and from a legacy stand point.

And now look at what has happened. He won a ring in year one, throwing for 50 total TDs and Super Bowl MVP. It makes Kraft/Bill look like utter and complete clowns and has cast the 20 year dynasty in a completely different light. None of that should have happened. Brady should have never been allowed to ever put on a helmet for another team. I know most here think I am happy he won in Tampa and I am for him but I am devastated for the Patriots. He was OUR QB and any rings that he ever won should have been with us but Bill royally screwed up the roster effectively ruining the end of Brady's career.

I mean think what you and others are actually saying. We could not keep the GOAT at a measly $25 mil a year when Mahomes is making $45 mil because our cap was in such crap shape. Rodgers was asking to be the highest paid QB and has been the highest paid QB every time he has signed an extension and the guy has one ring. Yet Bill could not give the GOAT 2 years at $25 mil? I mean seriously. Do you know how BAD you have to mismanage a roster for that to happen?

Jesus Christ.

Your lack of understanding about the cap is just mind blowing

It actually is an important factor, despite how much you fucking downplay it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Aloyouis, you know as well as I do the time to address the QB position was not this past off-season but the years prior after we traded Jimmy and Bill decided NOT to extend Brady. We could have had Lamar Jackson or Jordan Love with our natural #1 picks. We could have traded up into the top 10 in 2018/2019 to get any of the top QBs taken if we were so inclined but Bill would rather poor acid in his eyes than spend draft capital to acquire the most important position in the game so we got Danny Etling in round 7 and then Stidham in round 4. In other words, Bill did zippo at the most important position in the draft with his starter at ages 40, 41, 42 with no intention of extending him. You say this is a hatred and I laugh because the mismanagement is so over the top BAD and get Bill gets pass after pass and here we are with broken Cam for year #2.

In terms of QBs for this season? Honestly anyone but Cam. They could have had Fitz, traded for Mariotta or tried to pry Heinicke from Washington. ALL would have been better served in our offense than Cam and would have been better mentors for Jones. Remember they did want Stafford but he said he did not want to play for us and they could have also had Jimmy but again Bill did not want to pay for the most important position. So here we are.
Not gonna respond, so...

Brady this, Brady that. BB let him go. Wah!
Did I miss something? Is Brady playing in this fucking game? No? Well, for those weird-os who would like to talk about the Eagles game in the Eagles Game thread, Mods please move this topic to the Butt Hurt About Brady thread, newly created for this second season sans Superboy. Thanks muchly

I will never understand why Bill/Josh did not tailor our offense more toward his strengths especially given he was a 2 year QB maybe even 3 years depending on how this season goes. As much as I rant about his game and believe he is washed, our offense does not suit him and never will and that is on the coaching. Look what the Ravens did for Lamar? And if the plan was always to draft a QB like Jones to begin with to run our style of offense than I don't understand why Cam was ever a consideration of being a bridge QB to begin with other than he was cheap and we all know how Bill loves cheap.

Yawn. That's an easy one.

It's because our "braintrust" guys are both dolts who never were as great as Tom Brady made them look. The modern game has passed them by as witnessed by Josh's laziness (or inability) to come up with a plan to maximize Newton's washed-up skillset. It's too bad we don't have top minds like Greg Roman and Jon Harbaugh or, well, we'd still suck, only slightly less.

Anyhow, I think it's really a shame that Mac Jones ended up in Foxboro, coached by Corky and Dorky, because he'll never reach his potential here which was probably limited anyhow due
to his average arm talent and below-average athleticism (or is it the other way around? LOL. I can't keep my adjectives straight!). I would have been in favor of moving up in the draft to take, well, any of the other QBs with speed, big arms and big reputations, but Skinflint Billy was probably just trying to save on future salary costs because Patriots fans aren't really intelligent enough to know what is really needed to win NFL Championships like me and Tom Brady.

(The preceding post was brought to you courtesy of the Mazzinator -- an innovative, cutting-edge app that can take any slightly positive Patriots message board post, no matter how rational or balanced it might be, and instantly convert it into a toxic dumpster fire of circular logic, doom, gloom, and Tokyo Rose-level psyops. If this app doesn't make you want to jump off the top of the Gillette lighthouse while simultaneously shooting yourself in the temple with a .38 then don't worry -- if you're not completely satisfied then we guarantee we'll refund DOUBLE YOUR BITCOIN BACK!!!!!)

This is the Patriots preseason game 2 thread.

Hijack much?

I will never understand why Bill/Josh did not tailor our offense more toward his strengths especially given he was a 2 year QB maybe even 3 years depending on how this season goes. As much as I rant about his game and believe he is washed, our offense does not suit him and never will and that is on the coaching. Look what the Ravens did for Lamar? And if the plan was always to draft a QB like Jones to begin with to run our style of offense than I don't understand why Cam was ever a consideration of being a bridge QB to begin with other than he was cheap and we all know how Bill loves cheap.

Are you kidding with the cap nonsense. If money was such an issue, and he knew the team wasn't going to be good, then why the heck did he franchise tag Thuney when he could have let him walked and saved that cap space while collecting a 3rd round comp?

That excuse only makes his decision making last year worse as he should have tanked and had better draft capital had he known his team was that bad.

It has been reported that Brady wanted a contract extension back in 2017 after Jimmy was traded and again in 2018. He was not looking to break the bank, he wanted a multi-year commitment that took him to age 45, a goal he had been stating since his late 30s. And all he did at ages 37, 39 and 41 was win the freaking super bowls. Bill wanted to go year-to-year which in hindsight was ridiculous given Brady's production and durability. This is no reason to believe that Brady would have asked for the same deal he got in Tampa as he was a FA when Tampa made him that offer. He has always worked with Bill to ensure his contract was not an albatross to hamstring the team from being competitive. There is zero reason to believe that would have changed had Bill decided he would give him a deal to age 45.

Now in terms of the team in 2019 vs 2020. It is very doubtful that Bill takes a mulligan on the year if Brady comes back. In fact, it was reported that Bill was surprised Brady had left as he had planned on Brady returning on a one year deal. So Bill had already factored in Brady playing in 2020 so this idea that we could not afford Brady for 2020 is complete bunk. There is no reason to believe that Bill would not have upgraded the roster with Brady in 2020 and it is also doubtful we have as many Covid opt-outs if Brady is back as Tampa had zero. So you have to factor all that in before just hand waving off 2020 assuming Bill would have kept the roster the same if he had Brady. I think it is pretty clear he would not have.

This a really solid post. Even though I disagree with some of it, it was well balanced and reasoned. I appreciate you taking the time to put that down.

I will just say this really quickly, Brady even at age 42 or now 44 is not like every other QB. Bill saw him every day for 20 years and knew and he was not dealing with the typical QB so moving on from him due to age is silly given his performance and durability. Bill values those things greatly regardless of age.

Second, Brady staying was not about contending for another Super Bowl. The guy had already won 6. It was about continuing to be a competitive/playoff team while also allowing the GOAT to finish his career a Patriot. I can't emphasize the second half enough. We did not have a viable QB to replace him so allowing him to finish was the smartest thing to do both football wise and from a legacy stand point.

And now look at what has happened. He won a ring in year one, throwing for 50 total TDs and Super Bowl MVP. It makes Kraft/Bill look like utter and complete clowns and has cast the 20 year dynasty in a completely different light. None of that should have happened. Brady should have never been allowed to ever put on a helmet for another team. I know most here think I am happy he won in Tampa and I am for him but I am devastated for the Patriots. He was OUR QB and any rings that he ever won should have been with us but Bill royally screwed up the roster effectively ruining the end of Brady's career.

I mean think what you and others are actually saying. We could not keep the GOAT at a measly $25 mil a year when Mahomes is making $45 mil because our cap was in such crap shape. Rodgers was asking to be the highest paid QB and has been the highest paid QB every time he has signed an extension and the guy has one ring. Yet Bill could not give the GOAT 2 years at $25 mil? I mean seriously. Do you know how BAD you have to mismanage a roster for that to happen?

Aloyouis, you know as well as I do the time to address the QB position was not this past off-season but the years prior after we traded Jimmy and Bill decided NOT to extend Brady. We could have had Lamar Jackson or Jordan Love with our natural #1 picks. We could have traded up into the top 15/10 in 2018/2019 to get any of the top QBs taken if we were so inclined but Bill would rather poor acid in his eyes than spend draft capital to acquire the most important position in the game so we got Danny Etling in round 7 and then Stidham in round 4. In other words, Bill did zippo at the most important position in the draft with his starter at ages 40, 41, 42 with no intention of extending him. You say this is a hatred and I laugh because the mismanagement is so over the top BAD and get Bill gets pass after pass and here we are with broken Cam for year #2.

In terms of QBs for this season? Honestly anyone but Cam. They could have had Fitz, traded for Mariotta or tried to pry Heinicke from Washington. ALL would have been better served in our offense than Cam and would have been better mentors for Jones. Remember they did want Stafford but he said he did not want to play for us and they could have also had Jimmy but again Bill did not want to pay for the most important position. So here we are.

Your endless Bradyjerk and BBhate is nauseating. You have people on the verge of leaving the Planet solely bc of you.

You have a Tampa Bay/Tommy Boy thread to celebrate your dreamboat.

Please use it and refrain from these tiresome tirades in other threads.

Feel free to start a Belichick Hate thread if you want but keep this shit out of threads discussing the Patriots post Brady.

This is the Patriots preseason game 2 thread.

Hijack much?

Your endless Bradyjerk and BBhate is nauseating. You have people on the verge of leaving the Planet solely bc of you.

You have a Tampa Bay/Tommy Boy thread to celebrate your dreamboat.

Please use it and refrain from these tiresome tirades in other threads.

Feel free to start a Belichick Hate thread if you want but keep this shit out of threads discussing the Patriots post Brady.
Chevs, please note my first post was about Cam and his fit for our offense and tailoring our offense for his strengths. That is more than a fair post in a thread discussing our upcoming preseason game tonight in which Cam will play.

From there I was bombarded with questions and how dare I question the almighty Bill and his coaching/team building.

I am sorry but I am going to answer when I am asked questions or my take is challenged. Same as you do.

Perhaps instead of quoting my posts out of context like a toddler would do and ranting, you should look at ALL the posters who were responding to me and chide them for supposedly ruining the forum. Because they seemed to like the back and forth on a day when zero was happening because the Pats did not practice.

Tonight will be a good chance to see how our D does against a running Qb and a good prep for when we play Tua week one.

Chevs, please note my first post was about Cam and his fit for our offense and tailoring our offense for his strengths. That is more than a fair post in a thread discussing our upcoming preseason game tonight in which Cam will play.

From there I was bombarded with questions and how dare I question the almighty Bill and his coaching/team building.

I am sorry but I am going to answer when I am asked questions or my take is challenged. Same as you do.

Perhaps instead of quoting my posts out of context like a toddler would do and ranting, you should look at ALL the posters who were responding to me and chide them for supposedly ruining the forum. Because they seemed to like the back and forth on a day when zero was happening because the Pats did not practice.
Now, THAT is the quintessential hot, steaming pile of BS!😂

I'm not the toddler here, Mazz.

OMG! Absolutely WAY more fair! I got goosebumps!!!!!

Again, you are EN FUEGO lately! Imagine the hubris of those idiots in not appreciating your selfless attempt to educate.

Yes, you are sorry, but not quite in the same context you use the word. A Champion of diversity and independent thought!! That's you!!!

Yes, unfair attacker, forget the fresh, steaming piles I've dropped all over the lawn here. People should see those piles as works of art or gifts that I kindly give to all to educate and amuse. Instead, I'm am an unappreciated victim in an echo-chamber of mean morons. I make things BETTER! but you people aren't smart enough to understand my genius.

So......the 2021 Patriots upcoming game....Reiss' non practice day notes...
was it Hawgie who mentioned using Harry as a te?
i like continuing to hear about when mac has a bad day or play, he rebounds well. that is a HUGE thing for players that is seldom talked about as far as their greatness.
a little wtf on that philly db taunting cam. was it joking or serious critique?

i like continuing to hear about when mac has a bad day or play, he rebounds well. that is a HUGE thing for players that is seldom talked about as far as their greatness.
This is a MUCH better test for our team than WFT.

I agree about Mac rebounding well. It means he learns fast and is able to put poor performances behind him quickly. Very good traits for a QB and leader of the huddle.

Well hopefully I keep power tonight. I will again be watching for Stevenson. Would like to see him catch a couple out of the backfield and block this week. We know he has wheels. The secondary should hopefully start to tighten up and of course the elephant in the room.

Not me, I believe that was Flagg. I don't care where they line Harry up as long as he can catch a couple of balls and make a few plays in an actual game. TE? Sure,
what have we got to lose?

Far as the taunting, if you really want to get under somebody's skin then the best way to do it is to find something about them that is at least semi true and
then exploit the hell out of it. That's a typical technique to get into somebody's head.

K'von Wallace is just enough of a dick to say what a lot of opponents are thinking. Cam can't spread a D out by forcing them to worry about depth plays then their
job gets a lot easier by stepping up towards the LOS.

Until we can show people that we can do something besides run the ball then they don't have to respect us and the shit-talk will get louder.

It's crude, brutal and true. The only thing for Cam to do is shut him (them) up by getting behind them a couple of times and showing everybody that he's capable
of taking what they're giving him. Without Agholor and our TEs I can't see how he'll shut anybody up tonight, but he's got to find a way.

The Eagles aren't exactly stacked in the defensive backfield and some consider it the weakest unit on the team, so it's not like it's an impossible challenge.

Perhaps instead of quoting my posts out of context like a toddler would do....
No one has to quote your posts out of order you fucking idiot. They all have the same message. BB is a bad coach. BB mishandles everything. Brady playe d perfectly. We should have kept Brady. Brady is the only reason we ever won anything. Brady Brady Brady.

He isn't fucking here. Go the fuck away and leave Patriot threads alone.

Go the fuck away.

Back