PSA: Do Your Job: Bill Belichick and the 2014 New England Patriots on NFLN 09/08

Annihilus

Zen Powered by Death Buddhists
Reaction score
On NFLN: September 9th @ 8:00.

Looks pretty damn good. Set your DVRs. They showed a clip of an interview with Belichick talking about the last play of the game that I had never seen before.

"Do Your Job WELL!" It's not just do your job anymore, says BB.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bwSlEvG0ngo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comparing BB's expression to Carroll's in that clip, you'd think BB was confused and Carroll, confident.

Then the awesomeness happened, and we learned BB had prepared the team for such an ending all along.

Just brilliant.

"Do Your Job WELL!" It's not just do your job anymore, says BB.

<IFRAME height=390 src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bwSlEvG0ngo" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

So awesome. Can't wait to see it. Love how Bill explained the decision to call timeout "something didn't look right." Yeah, Seattle went pass formation and Bill thanked the heavens. Love it!!!

That finish was a lot of things, but one thing it clearly demonstrated was/is Bill Belichick is a courageous coach when under pressure.

That finish was a lot of things, but one thing it clearly demonstrated was/is Bill Belichick is a courageous coach when under pressure.

:Lwelcome:

This special looks excellent. The kind of behind the scenes stuff we almost never get access to.

:Lwelcome:

This special looks excellent. The kind of behind the scenes stuff we almost never get access to.

Thanks for the welcome.

The behind the scenes stuff is great. I don't really want all the behind the scenes stuff, after all the players and coaches deserve some privacy. On the other hand, a special that shows those crucial moments at the end of that game is pure gold.

What I think some people fail to understand is that in that moment, this was the exact same Bill Belichick that went for it on 4th and 1 in their own endzone when they lost to the Colts these many years ago. It doesn't always work out, but he's got stones to go along with his instincts.

Welcome!

That's one quote I'll never forget that BB had in that 2 part NFL Films documentary of the 09 season. It was (paraphrased) when he said he has been called many things, but one thing he isn't is scared.

What I think some people fail to understand is that in that moment, this was the exact same Bill Belichick that went for it on 4th and 1 in their own endzone when they lost to the Colts these many years ago. It doesn't always work out, but he's got stones to go along with his instincts.

Still contend they made that 1st :coffee:

On NFLN: September 9th @ 8:00.

Looks pretty damn good. Set your DVRs. They showed a clip of an interview with Belichick talking about the last play of the game that I had never seen before.

I might just watch that.

popcorn

Back