Random Football News 2022

Pats were at the top of this list last offseason.
Yes, they were. And you disparaged it. Now the Rams and #2 in spending and yet you think the Patriots Way is dead and the Rams way is the future. You really should stop everything and think about nothing but that sentence for 2-3 minutes.

Maybe you'll come to the same conclusion as the rest of us. Spending all your money is the way to win. If you have a lot, spend a lot. If you only have a little, only spend a little. Just spend to the cap year after year.

OTOH, pushing aggressive spending into the future is not a good idea. Sometimes it is necessary, but there is always a price to be paid in the future when you mortgage for the present.

If you can grasp this, you'll understand Thuney and Mason.

Yes, they were. And you disparaged it. Now the Rams and #2 in spending and yet you think the Patriots Way is dead and the Rams way is the future. You really should stop everything and think about nothing but that sentence for 2-3 minutes.

Maybe you'll come to the same conclusion as the rest of us. Spending all your money is the way to win. If you have a lot, spend a lot. If you only have a little, only spend a little. Just spend to the cap year after year.

OTOH, pushing aggressive spending into the future is not a good idea. Sometimes it is necessary, but there is always a price to be paid in the future when you mortgage for the present.

If you can grasp this, you'll understand Thuney and Mason.
Just pointing out the hypocrisy of listing this year teams who have spent the most in FA when we did the exact same thing last year. I know folks here always bow to Bill no matter what but the double standard is a complete joke. But carry on ...

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of listing this year teams who have spent the most in FA when we did the exact same thing last year. I know folks here always bow to Bill no matter what but the double standard is a complete joke. But carry on ...

As usual, you don’t have a clue.
The Patriots last year probably wouldn’t even have made this list.

And as usual, the Patriots spent to the cap.

WTF else were they supposed to do?

Can we ban this troll already?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I'm reading the OT rule, at least for the playoffs, will be amended so that both teams get possessions.

I'm also reading that Jim Haslam is getting the ice cold shoulder from NFL owners and execs for the deal he gave Deshaun Watson.

Last edited:
Meaning the NFL is all about offense & doesn’t g.a.f. about defense. It’s been heading this way for a while now & the Allen - Mahomes shootout in the playoff game is what they want. I will say one good thing is that it will at least give some talented & smart women an opportunity for a career in the game.
i have turned down a promotion offered to me because i have ovaries. it's bullshit.

i have turned down a promotion offered to me because i have ovaries. it's bullshit.
Really? Do you mind sharing what happened?

Meaning the NFL is all about offense & doesn’t g.a.f. about defense. It’s been heading this way for a while now & the Allen - Mahomes shootout in the playoff game is what they want. I will say one good thing is that it will at least give some talented & smart women an opportunity for a career in the game.
It's an offensive league. Has been for several years now with the QB as the centerpiece and his weapons as the focal point of the game.
FF really did ruin the NFL and now with the legalized gambling, you have the "over officiating" to ensure games go as planned.

Really? Do you mind sharing what happened?
at my prior job in facilities administration, i was told they needed "more females in facility management" so they offered me a position(they would have created for this) so i said no. i also told them i wouldn't take a job where my performance appraisal and pay depended on the performance and quality of my employees while not being allowed to hire, discipline, and fire based on merit.

Last edited:
It's an offensive league. Has been for several years now with the QB as the centerpiece and his weapons as the focal point of the game.
FF really did ruin the NFL and now with the legalized gambling, you have the "over officiating" to ensure games go as planned.

Several years?
You mean since 2003.
Jesus Christ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

at my prior job in facilities administration, i was told they needed "more females in facility management" so they offered me a position(they would have created for this) so i said no. i also told them i wouldn't take a job where my performance appraisal and pay depended on the performance and quality of my employees while not being allowed to hire, discipline, and fire based on merit.
Good for you. Well done!

What a crock. Pats one possession Chiefs and the league says so what. Chiefs one possession Bills and things have gotta change. LOL.

What a crock. Pats one possession Chiefs and the league says so what. Chiefs one possession Bills and things have gotta change. LOL.
Yeah, just think. If the NFL would have changed the rule when the Chiefs wanted it changed they probably wouldn't have even made it to the AFC Championship last year.

Youi missed the point.

The article said, and you "agreed 100%" that the Rams this year showed the new way of team building, and that the Patriot way was a failure, yet all the Rams did this year was spend about the same as the Patriots did last year. The double standard lies in two teams doing the same thing yet for one it was "bad" last year and the other it was "good" and showed how bad the other team was last year.

The double standard is indeed a complete joke, but as I see it, there are those of us who think BB is a great coach but do complain about many things and know his weakness (drafting WRs high and drafting safeties in the second, round, for instance). You and Foxx, of the other hand, have zero good to say about BB or the Patriots, except that the Patriots wouldn't be so bad if only BB would leave.

This is normal for fans of other teams when they troll another team's web site. It's expected, if not appreciated. What is odious is going to another team's website and pretending to be a fan of that team, so as to be able to say, "We" are screwing up everything.

Just follow Brady wherever he goes. You're not a Patriots fan, you liked the Patriots because Brady was here. Stop saying "We" unless you're talking about the Bucs or Fins or whatever team Brady is on, because you know damn well that if Brady signed with the Dolphins, you would be rooting for them to beat the Pats. Can you really not see this?

Youi missed the point.

The article said, and you "agreed 100%" that the Rams this year showed the new way of team building, and that the Patriot way was a failure, yet all the Rams did this year was spend about the same as the Patriots did last year. The double standard lies in two teams doing the same thing yet for one it was "bad" last year and the other it was "good" and showed how bad the other team was last year.

The double standard is indeed a complete joke, but as I see it, there are those of us who think BB is a great coach but do complain about many things and know his weakness (drafting WRs high and drafting safeties in the second, round, for instance). You and Foxx, of the other hand, have zero good to say about BB or the Patriots, except that the Patriots wouldn't be so bad if only BB would leave.

This is normal for fans of other teams when they troll another team's web site. It's expected, if not appreciated. What is odious is going to another team's website and pretending to be a fan of that team, so as to be able to say, "We" are screwing up everything.

Just follow Brady wherever he goes. You're not a Patriots fan, you liked the Patriots because Brady was here. Stop saying "We" unless you're talking about the Bucs or Fins or whatever team Brady is on, because you know damn well that if Brady signed with the Dolphins, you would be rooting for them to beat the Pats. Can you really not see this?
If your talking about Mazz. Your absolutely correct . She followed the Patriots because of Brady. Moved on to praising his new team. While taking every opportunity to trash BB moves.

Back