Random Football News - 2024

So the owners have agreed to ban rugby-style, hip-drop tackles even though the players objected to the owners on this.

Last edited:
Where are the NFL going on this? They are consistently de-powering the defense and it's been happened for years and years. You can't give a QB a nasty look now or you'll get penalised. They're essentially banning defenders tackling offensive players from the side, as McAfee says.

Ridiculous.

Eventually when I tell kids how great the NFL once was they will call bullshit on me.

Also, I don’t think I would draft a single defensive player. The league is & has been all about scoring now.
agree with your sentiment. but....the sb champ won because of their defense. their o with their OMGWTFBBQ!!111! qb was trash most of the year. 🙂

agree with your sentiment. but....the sb champ won because of their defense. their o with their OMGWTFBBQ!!111! qb was trash most of the year. 🙂
It was a 19-16 game in overtime.

I remember mentioning this during the season, that it seems like scoring has crept back down from where it was a couple of years ago - and that the owners would do something to change that. Here it is.

That still looks like a regular tackle.

When they ban tackling, will anyone still watch? 🤔
I have the answer here guys.....

1. yes, Tommy, it still look like a regular tackle
2. no, B/S/F, more than ever people will be watching
WHY???
3. on account the "hip-drop" is too instinctive for players to stop doing it
4. more people will be watching on account of the advent of Prop Bets on the Over/Under # of Hip-Drops called now ea game
:biggrin:

I have the answer here guys.....

1. yes, Tommy, it still look like a regular tackle
2. no, B/S/F, more than ever people will be watching
WHY???
3. on account the "hip-drop" is too instinctive for players to stop doing it
4. more people will be watching on account of the advent of Prop Bets on the Over/Under # of Hip-Drops called now ea game
:biggrin:
If this was meant to be 100% funny, I don't get it.

I don't get it as funny because you're absolutely spot on factually.

Back