Random Football News - 2024

The hip drop tackle is effective so the technique has been taught by many teams but it's also a dangerous way to get a guy on the ground. It puts the ball carrier's lower legs at great
risk for severe injury. What's so wrong with making that same tackle by driving through a guy with your shoulder? I'm all for outlawing this technique.
I hate to hamstring defenders, but the hip drop is hurting too many players. like Chevs said, what's wrong with a traditional looking tackle?
The horse collar was a effect way to take a guy down, but was rightly outlawed due to the injuries it was causing.

The hip drop tackle is effective so the technique has been taught by many teams but it's also a dangerous way to get a guy on the ground. It puts the ball carrier's lower legs at great
risk for severe injury. What's so wrong with making that same tackle by driving through a guy with your shoulder? I'm all for outlawing this technique.
Artificial Turf accounts for a far higher percentage of lower-leg injuries than a regular tackle.

Artificial Turf accounts for a far higher percentage of lower-leg injuries than a regular tackle.

That's exactly what I thought of when I read about the rule change. If the NFL was really serious about slowing down lower leg injuries they'd abolish artificial turf before anything else.

Not to mention the game moves extremely fast—all it's going to do is make the refs have to make judgement calls.

I think we already know they tend to get those egregiously wrong a lot of the time.

It would be perfectly all right to outlaw Turf and the hip drop tackle.

Back